Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT ranks the Bucs 24th « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#45 : July 14, 2013, 05:01:39 PM

They can't rate teams on how they look on paper.

That's what you just did with Tannehill and Wallace.

Its not strictly on paper.  Tannehill already had a good year last season.  What I like about him, is he just keeps on progressing.  Keeps getting better and better. That is how your suppposed to do it.  Not look good for awhile,  then regress big time. Its a frekin roller coaster ride with #5.

Tannehill has played ONE season! You don't know what this guy is going to do this year. Freeman appeared to be progressing as well, then 2011 happened. No idea what Tannehill will encounter this season, nor how he will handle. Of last year's QB crop, the only QB I would take over Freeman is Luck. Don't want to hear about RGIII (who I don't believe will be in the league in five years) or Wilson (offseason film is a **CENSORED**)  either. Let's see what these guys can do in their sophomore campaigns before talking about traits. 

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#46 : July 14, 2013, 05:07:46 PM

Yea...there is a big gap between 10 and 24....
Ya its pretty big. Gotta be at least 7 spaces there

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#47 : July 14, 2013, 05:56:39 PM

Its about right IMO.  We are all homers so we expect a top 10 ranking AT LEAST !

No way do i think we're top 10 YET... but we sure as hell aren't 24th.
Well,   as an example, the Dolphins are rated better.  And they should be.  Tannehill had a pretty nice season, and they are expecting a big year out of him with Mike Wallace.

Wish we could say that about #5.

Just curious...If you could make the trade, would you take Tannehill over Freeman, straight up?

Right now?   Yes

Tannehill is looking like the real deal. Another good season from him and people will notice.

No offense, but you just lost some credibility with me after that comment. I know everyone likes to bash Freeman, but holly hell, there's no way Tannehill is better. Not even close dude.
: July 14, 2013, 05:58:21 PM bucs449

gone

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 14, 2013, 05:57:37 PM

24th is absurd. I have the Bucs ranked 14th in my power rankings.

14th is absurd. PFT has the Bucs ranked 24th in their power rankings.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#49 : July 14, 2013, 06:24:50 PM

People on this board seem to love to put other team's QB's in the hall of fame after 1 season , and our QB in the dumpster after 4.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#50 : July 14, 2013, 06:28:59 PM

Its about right IMO.  We are all homers so we expect a top 10 ranking AT LEAST !

Well,   as an example, the Dolphins are rated better.  And they should be.  Tannehill had a pretty nice season, and they are expecting a big year out of him with Mike Wallace.

Just curious...If you could make the trade, would you take Tannehill over Freeman, straight up?

Right now?   Yes

Tannehill is looking like the real deal. Another good season from him and people will notice.

No offense, but you just lost some credibility with me after that comment. I know everyone likes to bash Freeman, but holly hell, there's no way Tannehill is better. Not even close dude.

What part of Tannehill's season was impressive? Was it his 76 QB rating or his 35 sacks? Maybe it was the fact that he started from day one and only managed 12 TDs...and 13 Ints? What am I missing?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#51 : July 14, 2013, 06:30:07 PM

People on this board seem to love to put other team's QB's in the hall of fame after 1 season , and our QB in the dumpster after 4.

While 1 is too early, after 4 you pretty much are what you are.

And ranking us behind the Chiefs #21 is disgusting!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#52 : July 14, 2013, 06:30:33 PM

Right now?   Yes

What part of Tannehill's season was impressive? Was it his 76 QB rating or his 35 sacks? Maybe it was the fact that he started from day one and only managed 12 TDs...and 13 Ints? What am I missing?

I think it's the fact that the grass is always greener on the other side .....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#53 : July 14, 2013, 06:34:48 PM

While 1 is too early, after 4 you pretty much are what you are.

And ranking us behind the Chiefs #21 is disgusting!!

I don't think that is true for a QB, especially one who was considered a project when we drafted him. 4 is enough if you haven't seen any flashes of brilliance ....but we've seen huge flashes from Freeman. He is close to turning a corner . What if that light-bulb goes off ??? I've seen enough to want to see one more season.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#54 : July 14, 2013, 06:36:28 PM

I've seen enough to want to see one more season.

And if he duplicates last season, will you want one more?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#55 : July 14, 2013, 06:41:06 PM

I've seen enough to want to see one more season.

And if he duplicates last season, will you want one more?

No ,  probably not , unless he came real cheap. No improvement in year two of this offense would be a let down .

I want to see one more though.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#56 : July 14, 2013, 06:41:33 PM

What ???

Tannehill threw for 3200 yards 12 TD and 13 INT to Freeman's 4000 yards 27 TD and 17 INT.

WTF did they spike the water with in Tampa Bay ???

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#57 : July 14, 2013, 06:42:04 PM

fair enough

A duplicate of last season creates quite a dilemma for Dom

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#58 : July 14, 2013, 06:45:07 PM

It's hard to say for a QB. I mean, until very recently, QBs usually sat several years before they even had an opportunity to start. Now all the sudden you have guys just starting from day one and blowing up. So now the expectations are so high. Everyone wants immediate gratification. It's not going to happen like that for every QB. I guess every QB and every situation is different, so it's hard to say 3 years or 4 years or 5 years.....but with Freeman, I think it is clear as can be that his 5th year has to be the year he steps up and squashes the doubts.

I don't think his stats need to be better. But he definitely needs to prove to everyone that he can be more consistent and dependable.   
: July 14, 2013, 06:47:33 PM JDouble

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#59 : July 14, 2013, 06:50:20 PM

Right now?   Yes

It looks like AJ broke into your stash of Hater-Ade.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT ranks the Bucs 24th « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools