Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT ranks the Bucs 24th « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 13, 2013, 10:09:02 PM

I think CBS got much closer a few months ago. It's right on imo except for the Rams....he has them a little too high.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

Bears, Bengals and Rams are too high

Agreed, but overall it's a much better ranking imo. Chiefs should be a little higher too.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 13, 2013, 10:11:13 PM

20th & i disagree with that as well

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214575/article/power-rankings-seattle-seahawks-leapfrog-san-francisco-49ers

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#32 : July 13, 2013, 10:50:38 PM

24 th is too low in my mind. Did the pundits actually watch games? This team was within a score in every game but 2 all year. That was with inconsistent QB play and the league's worst passing defense. Bucs are better than the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs, Browns, Eagles, Panthers, Titans, Jaguars, Rams, Cardinals, and Vikings. Even if one of the Bucs weakness's (inconsistent QB play or pass defense) is improved in 2013 they should challenge for a playoff spot.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 13, 2013, 11:09:43 PM

Not suprising from PFT ....actually surprised that biased short-sighted prick Florio didn't have us 30th.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

gone

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 13, 2013, 11:37:52 PM

71.4*

Those were the QBRs for Freeman's last 7 games.  And, yes, I asterisked the ATL game, it should have been lower. 

We've fixed the Secondary in a big way, and that alone should be bumping us up quite a bit.  But we are much more likely to see numbers much like the ones above from our offense next year, than what we saw in that one fluke stretch.  And that is going to put a big damper on any improvements we make anywhere else.  9 TDs, 12 INTS is how we ended the year on offense.  I'm as much a Buc homer as the next guy, but when your team finishes a year up like that you have no business complaining about getting a lack of respect.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#35 : July 14, 2013, 12:01:36 AM

71.4*

Those were the QBRs for Freeman's last 7 games.  And, yes, I asterisked the ATL game, it should have been lower. 

We've fixed the Secondary in a big way, and that alone should be bumping us up quite a bit.  But we are much more likely to see numbers much like the ones above from our offense next year, than what we saw in that one fluke stretch.  And that is going to put a big damper on any improvements we make anywhere else.  9 TDs, 12 INTS is how we ended the year on offense.  I'm as much a Buc homer as the next guy, but when your team finishes a year up like that you have no business complaining about getting a lack of respect.

How many of those INT's are off balls off the receivers hands or mis communication from the the first year of being in an offense? I'm not blindly defending Freeman, but I'm more optimistic maily because, he's in the same system in consecutive years.

I'll be optimistic until this team gives me a reason not to be.

Formerly known as T

gone

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 14, 2013, 12:07:30 AM

71.4*

How many of those INT's are off balls off the receivers hands or mis communication from the the first year of being in an offense? I'm not blindly defending Freeman, but I'm more optimistic maily because, he's in the same system in consecutive years.

16 TD's, 22 INTS   <<<<<< Last time Josh was "in the same system for consecutive years."

You're an insider, I describe the reason I find that particular fact concerning there: http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1306272.60.html

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#37 : July 14, 2013, 12:23:02 AM

71.4*

16 TD's, 22 INTS   <<<<<< Last time Josh was "in the same system for consecutive years."

You're an insider, I describe the reason I find that particular fact concerning there: http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1306272.60.html

2011 was a wash from a seasonal perspective. Coaching was pathetic and ineffective, the lockout hurt young player development, lack of talent on the field killed the season for the Bucs that year. Then the outmatched roster that Dominik put out there quit. Watching the 2011 season I tracked how many INT's were the result of either balls bouncing off the receiver's hands or not the fault of the QB, if I remember correctly it was in the neighborhood of 5-7 INT's. Mike Williams that year had a high number of drops and then there was the diva give me the ball attitude of Winslow. Heck in the final game of the season Winslow ran the wrong route bumping into the RB and causing a INT.

As a fan I pretty much wipe away anything that happened in 2011, even the great wins against New Orleans and Atlanta are forgotten.

Formerly known as T

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#38 : July 14, 2013, 12:26:53 AM

Caradoc, very good post and analysis. I agree with most and disagree with a bit as well. But very well thought out and put together.

Formerly known as T

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 14, 2013, 09:49:06 AM

71.4*

A LOT of Int's and incompletions came from miscommunications last year , that is a fact. In our offense WR's have options of which route depending on coverage , so if you aren't on the same page and can look bad quick.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

blackfoot

Starter
#40 : July 14, 2013, 12:15:27 PM

My bet is the Bucs end up in the top 10 teams in 2013.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 14, 2013, 02:00:05 PM

But the team has not done anything yet. When they start winning games in 2013 people will start to notice. 

Completely agree!

Turn the page.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 14, 2013, 02:01:25 PM

But the team has not done anything yet. When they start winning games in 2013 people will start to notice. 

Completely agree!

None of them have done anything yet.... and we sure as hell have more talent than the crappy as Chargers.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 14, 2013, 02:04:46 PM

Completely agree!

None of them have done anything yet.... and we sure as hell have more talent than the crappy as Chargers.

OK, OK....theoretically you're right but you know the deal.

Bucs typically get shorted on the national love.

We can both agree that a winning season is LONG overdue!

Turn the page.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 14, 2013, 02:08:11 PM

24th is absurd. I have the Bucs ranked 14th in my power rankings.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT ranks the Bucs 24th « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools