Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT ranks the Bucs 24th « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#60 : July 14, 2013, 07:09:48 PM

I don't hate on Free. I'm just being real.

Even if we start out well, I'll be nervous all year because if you look at the last 6 games of each of Freeman's first four seasons.....they are bad. He has 27 TDs and 38 Interceptions in those games along with a garbage completion percentage and a 72 QB rating. Twist it anyway you want to, but that is bad and it has to change.

Honestly, Freeman can continue to be his erratic self for the first 10 games and we can be 6-4 or 5-5....as long as he can pull an Eli Manning and turn it on late in the year when it really matters....but so far he has been just the opposite. You CAN NOT give a big new contract to a guy that has been consistently awful in December. More than anything, that has to change.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#61 : July 14, 2013, 07:15:35 PM

Why is he so bad down the stretch? Are other teams able to better defend us because they have more film?  Do we need to make offensive adjustments?

Or is it all Freeman's fault?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#62 : July 14, 2013, 07:22:33 PM

Why is he so bad down the stretch? Are other teams able to better defend us because they have more film?  Do we need to make offensive adjustments?

Well according to you, it's always Schiano's fault and Freeman is never to blame.....so why even play like that with a loaded question? We know your answer.

Truth? Four years, different coaches, different coordinators, different play books, different receivers....same result. What's the one common thread?
: July 14, 2013, 07:24:21 PM JDouble

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#63 : July 14, 2013, 07:29:41 PM

On the general NFL message board I post on, no one had the Bucs lower than 20. Believe it or not, most people actually had the Bucs higher than I did (at 14).

I'll continue to laugh at PFT, ESPN's and all the rest of the garbage lists that the media puts out. Can't wait till the season starts so we can prove these morons wrong. I can pretty much guarantee you PFT will have the Saints in the top 10.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#64 : July 14, 2013, 07:41:42 PM

Well according to you, it's always Schiano's fault and Freeman is never to blame.....so why even play like that with a loaded question? We know your answer.

Truth? Four years, different coaches, different coordinators, different play books, different receivers....same result. What's the one common thread?

You answered your own question. He started out with Greg Olson's offense which sucked and an inexperienced head coach. He over achieved big time in 2010.

Then he has one year in a new system and his receivers weren't always on the same page. 4000 yards 27 TD 17 INT later he over achieved again.

I see that he hasn't had any stability, he's had times when he had little in the way of weapons. He's never had a great OL. I see all of these things and take them into account but all you can see is that Freeman is the common denominator.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#65 : July 14, 2013, 08:13:51 PM

Yea you do dude. You post a highlight reel of Josh and the go through trying to analyze each great play saying it was a bad throw or the receiver did everything. You hate Josh, but I don't blame you. He's been dissapointing.

The inconsistencies of the team and staff around him have hurt him a lot though. I've been to numerous coaching clinics and the one common thing that every coach talks about is having consistency, in terms of keeping around the same coaches and schemes within an organization, is arguably the most important thing to a team's success. Based on your posts, you seem to be fairly knowledgable on the X's and O's of the game so I hope you can understand how difficult this offense is to master, that Freeman is in. This has been said by me and many others a ton of times, but for this offense to be successful, the reciever and the QB need to see the exact same thing post snap. Sure, a ton of the inaccuracies were Josh's fault, but a ton were probably also the reciever's. This passing game has the potential to be unstoppable because there's an answer for every coverage a defense throws at you, but it takes a ton of time to master. With Josh in the second year of this offense, with his two studs in VJ and Mike Williams, I think as fans we should be excited to see what happens.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#66 : July 14, 2013, 09:34:16 PM

I love all the disrespect we are getting. Makes me excited. Now if we were being hailed as the "Dream Team" and being considered Super Bowl favorites....I'd be nervous!

The Paper champ era was rough.  8)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#67 : July 14, 2013, 10:31:53 PM

Yea you do dude. You post a highlight reel of Josh and the go through trying to analyze each great play saying it was a bad throw or the receiver did everything. You hate Josh, but I don't blame you. He's been dissapointing.

Look man, I'm tired of people telling me what I think. Some of you folks just can't grasp the concept of being disappointed in a player, pointing out his faults, and being honest about him...while still rooting for the guy. I don't hate Josh Freeman. To be honest, I am the only person I know that was screaming with excitement when we drafted him. He was THE guy I wanted in the 1st round in 2009 and I couldn't have been happier. I loved year one and year two. Year three was frustrating to say the least, and while many people turned on Freeman then, I didn't. I believed that the coaching staff was lacking and the entire team sucked from top to bottom and I wasn't going to blame the organization's cluster **CENSORED** in 2011 on a 23 year old Josh Freeman. I was accused of being the Freepologist.

Last year I sat threw the Panthers game rolling my eyes. I pulled my hair out during the Cowboys game. And by halftime of the Redskins game I was over Freeman. I left the stadium at halftime and swore I was done with Freeman. People seem to forget how bad he was early on. Outside of the Giants game, he really was awful.

Then the bye week came and I had a week to cool off. After the bye we went 5-1 verse some pretty bad teams, but it was enough to get be thinking "maybe he did turn the corner"....then he bombed the last 6 weeks of the season and looked absolutely horrible. So yeah, by year's end I was pretty much like "phuq disguy"

Now I have had the entire offseason to warm up to the idea of supporting him again, and seeing what the alternative is (Napoleon Dynamite) and I am honestly rooting for him 100%. I have to be honest in what I expect, but I really hope I am wrong and he finally shows that he is the guy I was so excited about drafting in 2009.

Even if he sucks balls and we let him walk, I don't hate him. I wish him the best of luck with his next team. I just won't want him to be our QB anymore.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#68 : July 14, 2013, 10:42:46 PM

Jdouble was a Freepologist until after this season and he flipped the script and went all out hater mode. I just think he's a little bi-polar in his football opinions , lol.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#69 : July 14, 2013, 10:44:48 PM

Jdouble was a Freepologist until after this season and he flipped the script and went all out hater mode. I just think he's a little bi-polar in his football opinions , lol.

Maybe like a great many of us, he's just had enuff.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#70 : July 14, 2013, 10:50:56 PM

Probably ....just sayin , it was a quick turn-around.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#71 : July 14, 2013, 10:57:38 PM

Freeman's harshest critics were his biggest fans. They are so bitter at this point that conversation is useless.   I love how the harsh critics leave every possibility open but the Free supporters are clueless for believing.  A nauseating tactic. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#72 : July 14, 2013, 11:15:25 PM

Just get hyped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT0RvRxZ2jY

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#73 : July 14, 2013, 11:21:55 PM

Just get hyped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT0RvRxZ2jY

We can agree on that. This season will be a good one fellas. Thanks for posting that JDouble.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#74 : July 14, 2013, 11:30:18 PM

No prob. It should be stickied on the top of the redboard so everyone can watch it once a week until the season starts.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT ranks the Bucs 24th « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools