Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which players would start on other teams? « previous next »
Page: 1

Signed

Starter

: July 13, 2013, 05:55:44 PM

Wasn't sure of a good title to use, but a few questions:

1. Which starting players would be Day 1 starters for another team? (Also: What team and who will they replace?)
2. Which of our backups do you think would start for another team?
3. (Bonus question: Which backups on another team would replace a current starter for us?)

Big name stars can be excluded (i.e. Revis/Martin/Nicks/etc) and to keep it more narrow, teams that have had success within the past 5 years.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 13, 2013, 10:02:19 PM

1. Mike Williams, freeman, David, foster, Banks, Barron, LJ, dougie, Penn, DJ, McCoy, Clayborn, and the kickers.

2. Dotson and LJ.

3. Ben Tate or everson griffen probably.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#2 : July 13, 2013, 11:25:46 PM

Freeman could start easily for the Jets, Bills, Cardinals, Titans, Browns, Jaguars, Eagles, or maybe even the Vikings.

Mike Williams could be a asset for the Rams, Jaguars, or Jets pathetic passing attacks.

On defense this team has a lot of unproven talent surrounding Pro Bowlers like Revis, Goldson & McCoy. But I could see Lavonte David starting for quite a few teams.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#3 : July 15, 2013, 10:04:55 AM

Offense:
Freeman, Nicks, Joseph, Martin, Zuttah, V. Jackson, M. Williams

Defense:
McCoy, Clayborn, Foster, David, Revis, Goldston, (50/50) Grimm and L. Johnson

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 15, 2013, 11:56:03 AM

It's way too broad. There are 32 teams and a lot of our starters could be an upgrade for at least one or two of those teams. I'll answer it by which players I feel would start for most teams. For instance, Davin Joseph, Donald Penn, and Zuttah are average for the most part, and would rank in the middle of the pack when compared to RGs, LTs, and Cs around the league. So they would probably start for 13-16 other teams at their current positions, but probably wouldn't start for 15-19 other teams.

Offense: Nicks, V-Jax, Martin
Defense: Revis, Goldson, McCoy, David.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 15, 2013, 04:17:22 PM

1) Which starting players would be Day 1 starters for another team? (Also: What team and who will they replace?)
Josh Freeman could replace either Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith as the Jets signal caller in my opinion. Hell.... Glennon probably could. I'm not kidding either. Seriously. No... REALLY. It's that bad.

2) Which of our backups do you think would start for another team?
I think Leonard Johnson or Eric Wright, regardless of which becomes the backup could start elsewhere.

3) (Bonus question: Which backups on another team would replace a current starter for us?)
I think that most backup tight ends in the league could start in Tampa.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 15, 2013, 06:51:06 PM

Freeman could start easily for the Jets, Bills, Cardinals, Titans, Browns, Jaguars, Eagles, or maybe even the Vikings.

Mike Williams could be a asset for the Rams, Jaguars, or Jets pathetic passing attacks.

On defense this team has a lot of unproven talent surrounding Pro Bowlers like Revis, Goldson & McCoy. But I could see Lavonte David starting for quite a few teams.

Freeman is better than Carson Palmer right now?  IDK man.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#7 : July 16, 2013, 04:35:34 PM

Ever since the knee injury in the playoffs Palmer has been a different player. Palmer's multiple INT game against the pathetic Bucs secondary in 2012 isn't helping your case.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 16, 2013, 07:03:29 PM

Damn you have gotten into JDUBZ Haterade again.

Carson Palmer?  Good Lord! ! ???

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 16, 2013, 07:14:36 PM

I looked for some of "JDUBZ Haterade" at 7/Eleven....pookie behind the counter informed me that it did not exist.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 16, 2013, 07:21:13 PM

I looked for some of "JDUBZ Haterade" at 7/Eleven....pookie behind the counter informed me that it did not exist.

The password is Jolly Green Glennon.

Pookie keeps a close watch as supplies are dwindling fast.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which players would start on other teams? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools