Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Tom Crabtree Win The Starting Job? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#75 : July 15, 2013, 08:00:03 PM

I was thinking along those lines as well. Carimi at RT and Dotson at TE.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#76 : July 15, 2013, 08:15:28 PM

I was thinking along those lines as well. Carimi at RT and Dotson at TE.
Why stop there may as well line McCoy up at FB.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#77 : July 15, 2013, 08:31:33 PM

As others have mentioned, it is a big deal about nothing. It will be TE by committee.  Is it really that important who starts?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#78 : July 15, 2013, 08:46:59 PM

As others have mentioned, it is a big deal about nothing. It will be TE by committee.  Is it really that important who starts?

Nope. They will both have a good amount of snaps playing a role that best suits them, just like our TEs did last year.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#79 : July 15, 2013, 08:47:59 PM

versatility and unpredictability is key

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#80 : July 15, 2013, 10:21:54 PM

Sure ?

I remember people saying this same thing last season about the the RB situation between Doug Martin and Blount .  LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#81 : July 15, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

You don't trade up in the 4th round to get a guy with Puke Stockers skill set.  You wait until the 7th and draft them. Stocker is a bust so far.  Bottom line.

He would never be a Jimmy Graham,  no one expected that,  but we were told when he was drafted that he had Jason Witten potential.  What did we get instead?  The white injury-prone John Gilmore.

Im sory you werent astute enough to realize there was only a couple of those comparisons and thats almost entirely because they went to the same school. Witten has heen a hell of a te for quite awhile. Expecting a 4th rounder to develop into witten because they played at the same school is your fault...not stockers.

A 4th rounder whos been the #2 te and is getting a shot at the #1 spot after a couple years is a bust? Stuff like this is why people clown on you so hard.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#82 : July 16, 2013, 08:02:24 AM

He had his chance already last year Tat, and he couldn't beat out a 50 year old Dallas Clark.

As far as being drafted in the 4th round, tight end isn't a prominent position and most solid TE prospects are usually taken in the 3rd or 4th round. Jermichael Finely, Jacob Tamme, Kellen Davis, Jared Cook, Bear Pascoe, Ed **CENSORED**son, Tony Moeaki, Jimmy Graham, Aaron Hernandez, Dennis Pitta, and Andrew Quarless are just a few recent examples of that. So being a 4th round pick is no excuse. He needs to step up his game this season and show he was worth not one, but two high 4th round picks. Otherwise he will in fact be a bust.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#83 : July 16, 2013, 08:16:19 AM

Agreed jdouble , and the fact that tatman doesnt know that most high end TE's come out of those middle rounds is probably why people clown on him so hard. Lol
: July 16, 2013, 08:18:43 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#84 : July 16, 2013, 09:14:06 AM

Yes, but Crabtree isn't unpredictable.  Like 2012 Dallas Clark, he's a one-dimensional TE.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#85 : July 16, 2013, 12:05:27 PM

Yes, but Crabtree isn't unpredictable.  Like 2012 Dallas Clark, he's a one-dimensional TE.

I'm not sure how anyone but his coaches would know that. They have seen him in practice everyday for three years. You have seen him.....what? A couple plays on youtube? A catch in a playoff game? I'm curious what brings you to the conclusion that he is one dimensional.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#86 : July 16, 2013, 01:38:53 PM

I'm not sure how anyone but his coaches would know that. They have seen him in practice everyday for three years. You have seen him.....what? A couple plays on youtube? A catch in a playoff game? I'm curious what brings you to the conclusion that he is one dimensional.

Unlike yourself, my opinion on player performance isn't based off of YouTube clips.  The Packers are on National Television all of the time.  I've seen almost as many of their games as I have Buccaneer games.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#87 : July 16, 2013, 01:39:42 PM

As far as being drafted in the 4th round, tight end isn't a prominent position and most solid TE prospects are usually taken in the 3rd or 4th round. Jermichael Finely, Jacob Tamme, Kellen Davis, Jared Cook, Bear Pascoe, Ed **CENSORED**son, Tony Moeaki, Jimmy Graham, Aaron Hernandez, Dennis Pitta, and Andrew Quarless are just a few recent examples of that. So being a 4th round pick is no excuse. He needs to step up his game this season and show he was worth not one, but two high 4th round picks. Otherwise he will in fact be a bust.
some of those TE's are good.  but tamme, cook, davis, pascoe, moeaki, and quarless?  we'd be complaining about those guys also.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#88 : July 16, 2013, 01:45:38 PM

Unlike yourself, my opinion on player performance isn't based off of YouTube clips.  The Packers are on National Television all of the time.  I've seen almost as many of their games as I have Buccaneer games.

And? He had 8 catches last year. You saw a lot of him though? You were keyed in on the 3rd string TE while watching those games? C'mon man.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#89 : July 16, 2013, 01:58:24 PM

And? He had 8 catches last year. You saw a lot of him though? You were keyed in on the 3rd string TE while watching those games? C'mon man.

Lolz

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Tom Crabtree Win The Starting Job? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools