Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Tom Crabtree Win The Starting Job? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

ingey1968

Starter

#15 : July 14, 2013, 11:26:54 AM

or he could have been thinking of Heath Miller. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 14, 2013, 11:30:27 AM

Of course Crabtree can.  Regard the TE position, the "starter" will be a title only.  I think both guys will get a lot of snaps.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 14, 2013, 11:40:00 AM

My opinion is that Stocker lacks the speed to be a decent tight end, i could easily see him being cut.

completely agree!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 14, 2013, 12:49:35 PM

Miller is no slouch either-pro bowler 2 years ago.

LOL , no he wasn't .

You are thinking of the Seahawks Zach Miller . We have the former Jaguars Zach Miller .

Thank you. I stand corrected. Didn't realize there were 2 playing the same position with the same name.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 14, 2013, 01:04:38 PM

Crabtree isnt much faster than stocker if at all. They are the same player, one just has tattoos. I love how stocker, whos actially seen significant all of one year is now terrible. A guy that was expectdled to take a few yeas to develop. Bucs sign a backup off another squad and suddnly hes not uust an average te?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 14, 2013, 01:46:48 PM

I love how stocker, whos actially seen significant all of one year is now terrible.

Now terrible? He's been terrible his entire tenure.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 14, 2013, 01:53:04 PM

I still don't know what people see in Crabtree. He hasn't done anything in his career. Why is he all of a sudden a lock for the starting position?

I don't see any difference between him and some random undrafted free agent to be honest.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 14, 2013, 01:54:48 PM

I still don't know what people see in Crabtree. He hasn't done anything in his career. Why is he all of a sudden a lock for the starting position?

because the incumbent is weak

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 14, 2013, 01:59:47 PM

Weak at what?

The TE in this offense needs to be Jake Ballard, not Vernon Davis.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 14, 2013, 02:06:01 PM

Weak at what?

That's what i keep hearing on this board but have never heard that from Sully. Have any independent thinkers ever heard of adapting your scheme to the talent that you may or may not have? I'm quite confident that if we had above average talent at the TE position, Sully would figure out a way to use him.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 14, 2013, 02:06:43 PM

I think people just want to see a weapon emerge at that position. Regardless of the kind of offense we run. It's another weapon and another area the defense would need to be responsible for. We have two excellent wideouts and a threat at RB to take it to the house every time he touches it. It would be nice if we had a threat at TE too.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 14, 2013, 02:16:11 PM

I think people just want to see a weapon emerge at that position. Regardless of the kind of offense we run. It's another weapon and another area the defense would need to be responsible for. We have two excellent wideouts and a threat at RB to take it to the house every time he touches it. It would be nice if we had a threat at TE too.

Absolutely, it would.

And if Sully's offense doesn't use a TE as so many seem to have swallowed hook, line and sinker, then he needs to be fired!!

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 14, 2013, 02:59:31 PM

Absolutely, it would.

And if Sully's offense doesn't use a TE as so many seem to have swallowed hook, line and sinker, then he needs to be fired!!

That's if we had good talent at the position, but all we have are a bunch of guys who would be #2s on the majority of teams in the league. There is no difference between Crabtree and Stocker. Stocker being bad does not mean that Crabtree is automatically the better choice. He has done nothing to show me that he should win the position. There's no point arguing over it now because in a few weeks we will actually have performances to judge them by, rather than complete speculation. Until then, it's pretty ridiculous to say that a 3rd year undrafted free agent with 300 yards receiving in his 3 year career is better than a 4th round draft pick with 200 yards receiving in his 2 year career. There's no difference between them and an undrafted free agent with 0 yards in their career.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 14, 2013, 04:03:50 PM

Weak at what?

That's what i keep hearing on this board but have never heard that from Sully. Have any independent thinkers ever heard of adapting your scheme to the talent that you may or may not have? I'm quite confident that if we had above average talent at the TE position, Sully would figure out a way to use him.

The QB will only throw so many passes to go around, and Freeman isn't Drew Brees.  How many targets are we taking away from Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, etc. to throw to the above average TE, whoever that may be?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 14, 2013, 04:12:35 PM

Weak at what?

Well if they draft the next graham or gronk then sure he would. Otherwise the history of the offense sully worked in and what they did last year despite having a dallas clark (past his prime but a till a good wr but wasnt used much) should tell you they want do it all type of guys. Adding crabtree reitterated as much. Stocker has been average but has improved every year. Crabtree is virtually the same player.

Now people are saying crabtree is the starter and its his job to lose and stocker could be cut. Stocker has the edge due to experience in the system and being the next man up from last year. Crabtree was brought in to compete. Crabtree isnt any more of a lock.

I also tyink its funny how everyone bashes stocker despite him doing a decent job. When he was drafted everyone was told he was a solid te that need to work on the passing game. Everyone was told he was a developmental player that would likely take 2-3 years to develop. When he doesnt light up the league as the #2 te thats almost exclusively used a blocker he suddenly suck and could be cut?

Lets be real here.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Tom Crabtree Win The Starting Job? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools