Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano vs Kelly « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JohnT

Starter

#30 : September 09, 2013, 09:28:54 PM

I don't think it's too early to say that Kelly is better.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#31 : September 09, 2013, 09:29:57 PM

Awkward thread is awkward

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 09, 2013, 09:35:01 PM

Wow...unreal.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 09, 2013, 09:36:50 PM

i don't think it's too early to say Rich Kotite was better than Schiano.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 09, 2013, 09:37:31 PM

Thread is irrelevant unless you are an Eagles fan.   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JohnT

Starter

#35 : September 09, 2013, 09:42:00 PM

I live in fleagles territory and can't wait to see the Bucs pluck their feathers. I believe that Chip (What kind of name is that for a grown man?) Kelly did the Bucs a huge favor when he rejected the HC position in Tampa. I really want to see the fleagles struggle to win a single game under Kelly. Greg Schiano will prove to be a superior HC IMO, and he has already proven to be a better person. I always hated the fleagles but had the greatest respect for Andy Reid. Last year I took a real ribbing in the private clubs (bar/restaurants) that I belong to up here. I'm ready for revenge. This one is almost as important as the divisional games in my mind. I bring up Ronde Barber a lot in our football discussions, but I want more.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<GO BUCS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thread is irrelevant unless you are an Eagles fan.

Are you saying that 1sparkybuc is an Eagles fan or that Schiano will soon be an assistant coach for the Eagles?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 09, 2013, 09:43:42 PM

Way to early to say but even if Kelly turns out to be better... We went to get him, we had him and he backed out. Fans like to be mad and throw blame but who are you going to be mad at?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 09, 2013, 09:43:51 PM

Iowa State, Central Florida, North Carolina State, Ball State and Kansas State.  not exactly elite teams.

Chip Kelly won in college, Greg Schiano's record was mediocre in a horribly weak conference

Chip Kelly Bowl record: 2-2
Greg Schiano Bowl record: 5-1

Yes the Big east is very weak, but last time I checked the Big East didn't play itself in bowl games.

Chip is innovative and Schiano old school.  Who is better? We don't know. What I think is that I'm happy we have Schiano rather than Kelly. Maybe Kelly will revive Philly, maybe the thing blows up in their faces. Either way, i'll be watching very closely.

No. What that stat means to me is that Schiano is very good when he has ample time to prepare. It's very telling. Look at NFL coaches, there is a reason why the good coaches have very good records after a bye week. A good coach takes advantage of more time and has his team better prepared.

I'm not talking about records, I'm talking about a coaches ability to coach. Like his style or not, Schiano is a coach and he uses every second to coach every minor detail of the game. We'll see how that style works in the NFL, but again, I think he's the perfect fit for Tampa.

Yikes NY. I've been even more wrong about other things, but damn man.

I think I would hate schiano by now if I were you. Supporting him and he fails, everyone...pfft. He's a joke

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 09, 2013, 09:44:31 PM

Lol, java...  I'm saying this thread is irrelevant today unless you're an Eagles fan.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 09, 2013, 09:44:34 PM

Never had a strong feeling for Schiano but was pretty confident Kelly would be a disaster. I'm pretty surprised by this game.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 09, 2013, 09:49:18 PM

I lived in Staten Island for 3 years and eastern Pa. for the last 9 years. The man has built a reputation that is well known to everyone in this area. When you look at the caliber of men he has attracted to his coaching staff, it's easy to see he has impressed some very knowledgeable people. He has no ego issue. He's more than willing to take advantage of that knowledge. Rutgers football would be extinct by now if not for him.

No ego?  I call BS.  Also, I've read in more than one place that Greggy was a huge d!ckhead.

JohnT

Starter

#41 : September 09, 2013, 09:51:17 PM

I've read in more than one place that Greggy was a huge d!ckhead.

That new article by SR sure seems to point out that the players have that opinion of mr. toes on the line.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 09, 2013, 09:52:45 PM

Never had a strong feeling for Schiano but was pretty confident Kelly would be a disaster. I'm pretty surprised by this game.

Never thought as strongly either way, but in Kelly's case - I think the Redskins being unprepared and first up has a lot
to do with it.

Other teams in the league will be much more prepared for it...  the NFL is a great equalizer.

JohnT

Starter

#43 : September 10, 2013, 03:40:21 AM

The Skins are a better team than the Jets.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 10, 2013, 08:58:32 AM

i don't think it's too early to say Rich Kotite was better than Schiano.

I don't either.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano vs Kelly « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools