Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano vs Kelly « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: July 14, 2013, 02:33:21 AM

I live in fleagles territory and can't wait to see the Bucs pluck their feathers. I believe that Chip (What kind of name is that for a grown man?) Kelly did the Bucs a huge favor when he rejected the HC position in Tampa. I really want to see the fleagles struggle to win a single game under Kelly. Greg Schiano will prove to be a superior HC IMO, and he has already proven to be a better person. I always hated the fleagles but had the greatest respect for Andy Reid. Last year I took a real ribbing in the private clubs (bar/restaurants) that I belong to up here. I'm ready for revenge. This one is almost as important as the divisional games in my mind. I bring up Ronde Barber a lot in our football discussions, but I want more.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<GO BUCS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 14, 2013, 05:57:55 AM

Time will tell.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 14, 2013, 07:51:54 AM

Kelly was better at the college level.  Hey , I know...lets compare Schiano to Jim Harbaugh.  That should be fun.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 14, 2013, 09:21:19 AM

Kelly was better at the college level.  Hey , I know...lets compare Schiano to Jim Harbaugh.  That should be fun.

You can't compare the football programs at their respective schools. Now they're coaching at the same level. You obviously favor Kelly. It figures.

Greg Schiano is a man of character. Chip Kelly isn't.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 14, 2013, 09:37:42 AM

I don't favor one over the other and I don't think Kelly will be successful in he NFL but at the college level Kelly had Oregon at a higher level than Rutgers

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 14, 2013, 02:10:43 PM

Oregon had a pretty decent marketing campaign behind them that may have titled the playing field just a bit.   ;D

Turn the page.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 14, 2013, 03:03:41 PM

True but Kelly got that gig for what he did in New Hampshire. 

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 14, 2013, 03:37:40 PM

Chip Kelly won in college, Greg Schiano's record was mediocre in a horribly weak conference.  Now, who is the better NFL coach?  Nobody knows.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 14, 2013, 04:31:17 PM

Schiano, unlike Kelly & Carrol didn't take their NFL job because of impending NCAA violations at their college.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 14, 2013, 09:17:42 PM

Schiano, unlike Kelly & Carrol didn't take their NFL job because of impending NCAA violations at their college.

Like I said, Greg Schiano is a man of character. He doesn't renege on a promise. He's a man of his word.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 14, 2013, 09:29:19 PM

Got to be able to call plays and rally talent.

Chip has a lot of proVing to do.

S is on wobbly legs as a play caller.

But IMO, Chip is going to get slapped if he attempts to gadget and swing linemen to the hashmark in the NFL.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 14, 2013, 09:30:11 PM

Neither.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 14, 2013, 09:46:02 PM

Like I said, Greg Schiano is a man of character. He doesn't renege on a promise. He's a man of his word.

You talk as if you have known him personally for years.....

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 14, 2013, 09:48:04 PM

IKR?

He could be a complete lying sack of crap. In college he had an awful rep as a bully.

Who knows? 

I doubt he does.

ingey1968

Starter

#14 : July 14, 2013, 09:57:14 PM

I like  Schiano so far but i really dont get the massive love the guy is getting in this forum. What has he actually done to this point?   Not a whole hell of alot. While i do think he is a better coach then Morris, At the end of the day its all about wins and losses and Morris had a winning season with less talent.  GS deserves praise when he can guide this team to a record over .500.  until then he gets none.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano vs Kelly « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools