Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Manziel leaves Manning Passing Academy early, but reports of partying are denied « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 28, 2013, 06:39:50 PM

Manziel will be an awesome QB in the NFL. I doubt he runs it as much, but the guy hypes up his team and can throw the ball anyway.

I say if freeman fails, manziel should be number one on the "want" list for the bucs. Bridgewater is OK, but I really don't see the differance from freeman, or glennon for that matter.

If we're going to start over because it didn't work, why not change the way we're doing things?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 28, 2013, 06:41:58 PM

I don't think there is a chance in hell that Schiano would draft a QB like Manziel.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 28, 2013, 06:43:48 PM

Kinda messed up he only gets a half of game when Ohio State got a whole season ineligibility for tatoos. I guess his name and SEC is more important than some Big 10 team.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 28, 2013, 06:45:12 PM

All about the $$$ when it comes to the NCAA. It's no secret.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 28, 2013, 07:19:41 PM

Kinda messed up he only gets a half of game when Ohio State got a whole season ineligibility for tatoos. I guess his name and SEC is more important than some Big 10 team.

Welcome to the era of the south.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS#Yearly_national_championship_selections_from_major_selectors

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 28, 2013, 07:46:17 PM

He's going to last until the 3rd round if he keeps acting like an idiot....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

tmac87

Starter
#21 : August 28, 2013, 07:50:47 PM

He just pwned the NCAA....and Dez gets suspended a year for going to dinner with Deion Sanders. lmao

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 28, 2013, 09:07:41 PM

The NCAA has some odd rules.  And the real problem arises, when they pick and choose which ones they enforce.  Johnny gets a 30 minute suspension?  All those guys are making money however they can. And I can't say I blame them.  I am not far removed from being a starving college student myself.  Its rough.

Clowney and Bridgewater have lots of stuff on ebay for sale.  But the NCAA turns there back on that type of thing. Head in the sand.

As far as football skills go, I would take Bridgewater over Johnny every time. Johnny is awful slight.  It wouldn't surprise me if he got injured in his first NFL game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Supreme

Starter

#23 : August 28, 2013, 09:16:14 PM

Dude has some red flags building up.  I think by the time the 2014 draft rolls around, Bridgewater will be the top QB available.
Bridgewater is already better than him NFL wise. David Fales is probably better than all of them though.

I'm very high on David Fales as well as an under the radar prospect as well. He carried a talentless SJSU team on his back last season and elevated the offense as a whole.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 28, 2013, 09:17:50 PM

He's going to last until the 3rd round if he keeps acting like an idiot....

That stuff doesn't bother me at all. He is just a kid trying to market himself.  Its not drugs or alcohol which would be much worse.

But he very well could last to the 3rd round.  But it wouldn't be because of the hype. It would be the result of his football skills.  Johnny has a bodyguard with him every time he steps outside.  Everywhere on the A&M campus there will be a guy who will try to pick a fight with him.  Some smuck wanting to see his name in the news.  And he will always walk away, the right thing to do.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 29, 2013, 01:10:31 AM

I don't think there is a chance in hell that Schiano would draft a QB like Manziel.

I do.

He wants to win over just about everything, and schiano loves that in his players. Manziel isn't committing "real" crimes either, just some dumb college rules that state he can't make money off his own name. We gotta talk to AH or OJ if we want to talk to real criminals.

Plus, you're kinda making a bold assumption that schiano would still be here after the guy that signed him (mark, not glazers), and freeman are gone.

If it goes really, really bad, schiano will be gone too.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 29, 2013, 01:20:10 AM

I thought it was an admission of guilt, but not really.

He met with the NCAA people, and they told him they are still investigating the matter.  And it would take around 2-3 months to finish the investigation. And he would have to sit out that whole time.

OR.....take a 30 minute suspension right now,  and they would throw the whole case out the window.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 29, 2013, 08:12:07 AM

Right now, for me, Bridgewater is the clear #1 QB prospect and it's not even close. Manziel might be the the 4th or 5th. He has a lot to prove before I would rank him higher than that.

I'm really curious to see how Marcus Mariota does this year without Chip Kelly. I'm hoping they have him do more passing and less running in the new offense. If he does well enough this year, he could come out early and challenge Bridgewater as the #1 QB in the draft. The guy really looks like a Kap 2.0

youngone

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 29, 2013, 08:17:20 AM

The NCAA is a joke.. Spoiled kid gets off with a half game suspension, but Ohio state gets multiple games for tattoos, Dez Bryant gets a season long suspension for having dinner, and they have been yanking Miami around for 3 years now.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Manziel leaves Manning Passing Academy early, but reports of partying are denied « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools