Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official "Don't Draft CJ" thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

redtab78

Pro Bowler
: March 22, 2007, 05:50:08 PM

I just wanted to see who all here does not wanna draft CJ in our first pick of the draft.....

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

#1 : March 22, 2007, 05:51:10 PM

I would take him if JT has gone and no one will trade with us........so my preference is NOT drafting CJ.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#2 : March 22, 2007, 05:54:44 PM

treason!

#3 : March 22, 2007, 06:00:00 PM

make a Don't draft JT thread too while you are at it

#4 : March 22, 2007, 06:04:03 PM

We have actually had this discusion and the JT:CJ ratio is about 75% to 25% on the board.  If you take out the under 18 year-olds that ratio probably rises to 85% to 15% in JTs favor.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 22, 2007, 06:05:26 PM

I am not against drafting CJ...

Baghead #2

#6 : March 22, 2007, 06:06:42 PM

I am not against drafting CJ...

I don't think anyone is truly against drafting CJ, but most aren't having wet dreams at the thought of CJ in Pewter.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 22, 2007, 06:10:28 PM

CJ is a player we can draft AFTER we've lost the shot at:

Jamarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Joe Thomas
Gaines Adams

Since we draft at #4, we should get any of those guys before we touch Calvin.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#8 : March 22, 2007, 06:13:30 PM

yea because majority of yall think great lineman only come in the 1st round

Franchise LOT are predominantly early first round guys, and they NEVER hit FA.  CJ is a special talent at WR, but don't under estimate how dominating JT is at his position as well.  CJ declined some of the combine skill tests because he knows he has weaknesses in his game.  JT did everything at the combine and looked head-and-shoulders above the other O-linemen in attendance.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 22, 2007, 06:13:43 PM

I don't think anyone is truly against drafting CJ, but most aren't having wet dreams at the thought of CJ in Pewter.

I really wish WR was a high priority, he'd be a great addition. Too bad he can't block DE's or pressure the opposing QB..

#10 : March 22, 2007, 06:17:13 PM

We have actually had this discusion and the JT:CJ ratio is about 75% to 25% on the board.  If you take out the under 18 year-olds that ratio probably rises to 85% to 15% in JTs favor.

I must've missed that discussion.

[JT did everything at the combine and looked head-and-shoulders above the other O-linemen in attendance.

like his dominating 24 reps of 225?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 22, 2007, 06:21:29 PM

Don't do it!  Drafting a WR or RB in the top 5 is a waste.

#12 : March 22, 2007, 06:22:09 PM

I wasn't sold on the guy in the beginning, but after reading what a few people on here said and watching numerous scouting reports the past month or so I want this guy BADLY at this point(cause he would be a huuuuuge addition to this offense)!!

#13 : March 22, 2007, 06:40:54 PM

yea because majority of yall think great lineman only come in the 1st round

Franchise LOT are predominantly early first round guys, and they NEVER hit FA.  CJ is a special talent at WR, but don't under estimate how dominating JT is at his position as well.  CJ declined some of the combine skill tests because he knows he has weaknesses in his game.  JT did everything at the combine and looked head-and-shoulders above the other O-linemen in attendance.

The thing is their are "Franchise LOT" next year and not a rarity in CJ. Route running is the only flaw in his game anything else is just bs,the kid can play,period. I believe we had AD in '05 and I believe Caddliac put up great #'s.. Point is that season we didn't have a franchise tackle and we still ran the ball efficentely and suprisngly passed it pretty well.

#14 : March 22, 2007, 06:44:53 PM

Don't do it!  Drafting a WR or RB in the top 5 is a waste.
Right you forgot LT.
LT taking in the top 10 since Jones and Pace are all good but not "franchise LOT"
Jordan Gross
Bryant McKinne hes pretty good but not "dominating"
Joe Thomas is pretty good but  did not "dominate" like others have did
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official "Don't Draft CJ" thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools