Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official "Don't Draft CJ" thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

#15 : March 22, 2007, 06:56:53 PM

like his dominating 24 reps of 225?

I think it was 28 reps, which was right where he should be with his arm length.  Last time I check there are no benches and weights in a NFL field BUT there are defensive linemen AND he absolutely dominated in the skill drills. 

Watching his footwork compared to the other O-linemen predicted to be drafted in the top two rounds was enlightening.  Most of them shuffle awkwardly from side-to-side, JT's feet were like a sewing machine, smooth and fast, and everyone that saw it commented.

#16 : March 22, 2007, 07:01:37 PM

The thing is their are "Franchise LOT" next year and not a rarity in CJ. Route running is the only flaw in his game anything else is just bs,the kid can play,period. I believe we had AD in '05 and I believe Caddliac put up great #'s.. Point is that season we didn't have a franchise tackle and we still ran the ball efficentely and suprisngly passed it pretty well.

OMG you can't be serious.   ???  Caddy took the NFL by storm his first 4/5 games, but they shut him down once the tape was out.  What has he done in the last 28 games, what as our offense done in the last 28 games. 

Poor O-line = Poor offensive (with or without CJ)

Same goes for the D, our secondary looked awful last year but the real problem was zero pressure on the QB.  If you can't dominate in the trenches you don't win football games.

#17 : March 22, 2007, 09:54:59 PM

Lol ok MJS, maybe he won't get the ball that much, hell that would be worse than the Randy-Ratio. ;D But, look at Marvin Harrison. He's involved in an offense that spreads the ball around and has limited oppurtunities. Look what he does with those few chances. Same with the Randy Moss of 5 or so years ago when he would get thrown the ball 3-4 times a game, and convert at least 2 into huge gains, even td's.

Just for fun lets compare CJ’s 160 receptions with the best WRs in the game today:

Marvin Harrison – 92
Chad Johnson - 77
TO – 72
Steve Smith – 57

** average through their careers

All of those guys are proven NFL WRs that can get separation, which you can’t say about CJ.  It is plain crazy to think CJ will get more than 80 receptions a season throughout his career.  CJ is a big boy but he lacks separation so his receptions will be tough on the body. 

#18 : March 22, 2007, 07:07:28 PM

The thing is their are \\\"Franchise LOT\\\" next year and not a rarity in CJ. Route running is the only flaw in his game anything else is just bs,the kid can play,period. I believe we had AD in \\\'05 and I believe Caddliac put up great #\\\'s.. Point is that season we didn\\\'t have a franchise tackle and we still ran the ball efficentely and suprisngly passed it pretty well.

OMG you can't be serious. ??? Caddy took the NFL by storm his first 4/5 games, but they shut him down once the tape was out. What has he done in the last 28 games, what as our offense done in the last 28 games.

Same goes for the D, our secondary looked awful last year but the real problem was zero pressure on the QB. If you can dominate in the trenches you don't win football games.
PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING ON THE SUBJECT ANY MORE!
Uh,yes mother****** im serious. Heard of player injuries? Heard of youth on the oline? I don't think you do since you think you just easily plug in a rook LT and the offense starts to click. Uh,like I sad,injuries??Hello where the **** is your head at,our best pass rusher was hurt? Looks like someone needs to preach what you teach^^^

#19 : March 22, 2007, 07:02:51 PM

like his dominating 24 reps of 225?

I think it was 28 reps, which was right where he should be with his arm length.  Last time I check there are no benches and weights in a NFL field BUT there are defensive linemen AND he absolutely dominated in the skill drills. 

Watching his footwork compared to the other O-linemen predicted to be drafted in the top two rounds was enlightening.  Most of them shuffle awkwardly from side-to-side, JT's feet were like a sewing machine, smooth and fast, and everyone that saw it commented.

yea im sure the DE was really trying to attack the QB

#20 : March 22, 2007, 07:04:42 PM

it was edited boid.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 22, 2007, 07:07:49 PM

The thing is their are "Franchise LOT" next year and not a rarity in CJ. Route running is the only flaw in his game anything else is just bs,the kid can play,period. I believe we had AD in '05 and I believe Caddliac put up great #'s.. Point is that season we didn't have a franchise tackle and we still ran the ball efficentely and suprisngly passed it pretty well.

OMG you can't be serious.   ???  Caddy took the NFL by storm his first 4/5 games, but they shut him down once the tape was out.  What has he done in the last 28 games, what as our offense done in the last 28 games.  

Same goes for the D, our secondary looked awful last year but the real problem was zero pressure on the QB.  If you can't dominate in the trenches you don't win football games.
PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE COMMENTING ON THE SUBJECT FURTHER!

#22 : March 22, 2007, 07:09:15 PM

Uh,yes mother****** im serious. Heard of player injuries? Heard of youth on the oline? I don't think you do since you think you just easily plug in a rook LT and the offense starts to click. Uh,like I sad,injuries??Hello where the **** is your head at,our best pass rusher was hurt?

WOW, the new punk is an Internet hard man...I am so impressed.  ROFLMAO@U

<click> 4 swift

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 22, 2007, 07:11:35 PM

The thing is their are \"Franchise LOT\" next year and not a rarity in CJ. Route running is the only flaw in his game anything else is just bs,the kid can play,period. I believe we had AD in \'05 and I believe Caddliac put up great #\'s.. Point is that season we didn\'t have a franchise tackle and we still ran the ball efficentely and suprisngly passed it pretty well.

OMG you can't be serious. ??? Caddy took the NFL by storm his first 4/5 games, but they shut him down once the tape was out. What has he done in the last 28 games, what as our offense done in the last 28 games.

Same goes for the D, our secondary looked awful last year but the real problem was zero pressure on the QB. If you can dominate in the trenches you don't win football games.
PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING ON THE SUBJECT ANY MORE!
Uh,yes mother****** im serious. Heard of player injuries? Heard of youth on the oline? I don't think you do since you think you just easily plug in a rook LT and the offense starts to click. Uh,like I sad,injuries??Hello where the **** is your head at,our best pass rusher was hurt?
And so adding CJ makes the offense click how?  Caddy needs a good run blocker.  Garcia/Simms/Gradkowski needs to be upright, or have time to make his reads.  Joe THomas, as a rookie, can pay dividends almost immediately...rookie WRs opn the other hand, tend to not have seasons that alter the course of a season.  Bear in mind that Clayton had a great year, but on a losing team.  Moss was a game changer, but he had a lot around him to make it happen.

Rookie D-linemen, and O-lineman are very capable of making impacts immediately.

And for all the rude comments you hurled at me, that little ostrich of yours should bury its head back in the sand.  In the TBBBB area of the beach.

Oh BTW, Caddy ran pretty decently for sure.  BUt AD regressed. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 22, 2007, 07:13:25 PM

And WTF does inuries on the defense have to do with how the offense performs "none-too-swift"?

#25 : March 22, 2007, 07:13:32 PM

that little ostrich of yours should bury its head back in the sand.  In the TBBBB area of the beach.

funniest line I have seen in a while..   ;D

#26 : March 22, 2007, 07:14:01 PM

Uh,yes mother****** im serious. Heard of player injuries? Heard of youth on the oline? I don\'t think you do since you think you just easily plug in a rook LT and the offense starts to click. Uh,like I sad,injuries??Hello where the **** is your head at,our best pass rusher was hurt?

<click> 4 swift
riding those nutsackz,imperrsive. I guess that what happens when you live in your grandma's basement,just roam the forums much?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 22, 2007, 07:15:31 PM

Uh,yes mother****** im serious. Heard of player injuries? Heard of youth on the oline? I don\'t think you do since you think you just easily plug in a rook LT and the offense starts to click. Uh,like I sad,injuries??Hello where the **** is your head at,our best pass rusher was hurt?

<click> 4 swift
riding those nutsackz,imperrsive. I guess that what happens when you live in your grandma's basement,just roam the forums much?
Hey MJS, how dare you live in your grannies basement!   ;)

What a tool you are Swift.  Calling out MJS is not the best way to make your visit here anything more than one filled with insults...

#28 : March 22, 2007, 07:18:39 PM

So cute boid and mjs holding hands,this is great.. Ive never seen men so dedicated to each other

#29 : March 22, 2007, 07:19:48 PM

Hey MJS, how dare you live in your grannies basement!  ;)

With the rising homeowners insurance down here, that might be a viable option......NOW I just need to dig her up, and convince her to relocate to Florida.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official "Don't Draft CJ" thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools