Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adopt-A-Player 2013 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#30 : July 18, 2013, 07:06:51 PM

I'm in but I demand Bowers. This isn't negotiable

You're in. I don't blame you on Bowers, he's a monster in the shower. That man applies body wash better than any other DL in the NFL, in my opinion.
Really dude?  That's an image I could of lived without.  Turn in your man card.
Thats a running joke thats been around as far back as I can remember.

Roughly 3 months.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 18, 2013, 08:37:09 PM

The four of you have been added and I'll keep a tally of all the players suggested.

Bench, I hear where you're coming from on Revis, but he's going to be such a high profile player this season that I want to see the super-fan perspective. We don't pick the players until rosters are set, though, so maybe you can convince me before then.

Well, nothing is 100%.

However, I'm banking that Schiano would rather let the faster, more in-the-doghouse Wright play slot coverage.

They have to make something out of banks for the first pick (even if it was the second round), they'll slide protection to his side IF he gets man handled, and just judging by Banks previous college ballhawking abilities, Schiano will have a tough time placing him anywhere else (and they're NOT going to sit him, he cannot play slot, and they aren't moving revis).

I mean, it's not set in stone or anything, but I'm pretty sure Banks will be the #2 CB for the season B4e.

That's a good point. You think Banks might be a more interesting subject for us?

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 18, 2013, 08:39:08 PM

Considering the tendencies of people here to focus on either a positive or negative aspect of a player, I would recommend that you get two "watchers" for each player and have one be an optimist and the other play Devil's Advocate.  It's not likely you're going to get an accurate impression of Freeman's play from SparkyBuc, for example -- every INT would be the fault of the WRs and every missed pass due to racism.

Well I appreciate your optimism and like your idea, I don't think we'll get 20 committed participants our first year. I'll keep it in mind for next season, though.

As for the second part of your post, that's exactly why I'd want SparkyBuc covering Freeman. Keep in mind that I'm also a sadist.

pljlsplltt

Second String

#33 : July 18, 2013, 08:44:41 PM

That's cool, you can have him. If no one has claimed Gerald McCoy I will take him. Another thing we coukd do is write a prediction on how you think your adopted Buc is gonna perform this season, and see at end of season how they hold up.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 18, 2013, 09:39:35 PM

That's cool, you can have him. If no one has claimed Gerald McCoy I will take him. Another thing we coukd do is write a prediction on how you think your adopted Buc is gonna perform this season, and see at end of season how they hold up.

I like that a lot!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 19, 2013, 03:17:56 PM

B4E...It think in addition to this...I feel that you should do a weekly shower report and rank the top ten and the bottom ten on the team.
You could rank it using variables such as:
Amount of lather.
Amount of soap needed.
Amount of steam generated.
Eye contact.
Meat gazing.
Post shower cleanliness.
etc...

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 19, 2013, 03:44:45 PM

B4E...It think in addition to this...I feel that you should do a weekly shower report and rank the top ten and the bottom ten on the team.
Amount of lather.
Amount of soap needed.
Eye contact.
Meat gazing.
Post shower cleanliness.
etc...

I might add this in for next year, or as a post-season report if we make it to the playoffs. Honestly, typing all of that one-handed would give me carpal tunnel.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#37 : July 19, 2013, 07:06:40 PM

Amount of lather.
Amount of soap needed.
Eye contact.
Meat gazing.
Post shower cleanliness.
etc...
I assumed everyone kept a mental catalog of these things?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 19, 2013, 09:36:18 PM

No one has the access/info like B4E.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 19, 2013, 09:49:34 PM

I would like to do this but not sure about the lag in time. Most Bucs games are played at 1:00 am local time so I will be asleep during the games but will rewatch them this year on NFLN. When are you going to break it all down? If Monday is cool I can do it.

Two players I would like to watch are Banks and VJax. Alternately I naturally watch OL on every play and can watch any/all of them. Let me know if you can use me B4E.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 19, 2013, 09:51:39 PM

Great Idea B4E. This will make the board much more knowledgable. Would like to watch Lavonte as well. See if he can clean up his pass d.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 19, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Nobody pick my boy Brian Leonard now. I got dibs.

you won't have to fight anyone but B-fink for him

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 20, 2013, 03:54:37 PM

I would like to do this but not sure about the lag in time. Most Bucs games are played at 1:00 am local time so I will be asleep during the games but will rewatch them this year on NFLN. When are you going to break it all down? If Monday is cool I can do it.

Two players I would like to watch are Banks and VJax. Alternately I naturally watch OL on every play and can watch any/all of them. Let me know if you can use me B4E.

In my head I was thinking we would post them on day after a game, so that timeline should work well. This isn't supposed to be about up-to-the minute reporting, just a way for all of us to keep watch on who we think are interesting players.

Thanks for the compliment! I think it will be a great thing to have around and should spark some fun debate. Want to join in?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 20, 2013, 08:15:10 PM

The four of you have been added and I'll keep a tally of all the players suggested.

Bench, I hear where you're coming from on Revis, but he's going to be such a high profile player this season that I want to see the super-fan perspective. We don't pick the players until rosters are set, though, so maybe you can convince me before then.

Well, nothing is 100%.

However, I'm banking that Schiano would rather let the faster, more in-the-doghouse Wright play slot coverage.

They have to make something out of banks for the first pick (even if it was the second round), they'll slide protection to his side IF he gets man handled, and just judging by Banks previous college ballhawking abilities, Schiano will have a tough time placing him anywhere else (and they're NOT going to sit him, he cannot play slot, and they aren't moving revis).

I mean, it's not set in stone or anything, but I'm pretty sure Banks will be the #2 CB for the season B4e.

That's a good point. You think Banks might be a more interesting subject for us?

Now that Wright is gone, what do you think? LJ is the only other option if you're already covering revis.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 21, 2013, 11:09:02 AM

Well, nothing is 100%.

Now that Wright is gone, what do you think? LJ is the only other option if you're already covering revis.

No, I was saying Banks instead of Revis.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adopt-A-Player 2013 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools