Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Safeties May Get Picked On « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

freddy

Hall of Famer
#60 : July 18, 2013, 04:09:28 PM

LMAO @ Freddy paying for PFF, and still not being able to use the site properly.

LMAO at Briggsy at being so lame......Does it still hurt when I owned you last time?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#61 : July 18, 2013, 04:10:32 PM

P.S. - PFF also ranks Barron as the 9th best Run coverage safty in the league. Not bad for a rookie.
Great. Should really come in handy trying to win the 1968 Super Bowl.
Also, by my eyes PFF ranks Barron #21 against the run, so not sure where you got #9.

Hrmm, then you need to get your eyes checked...

Check signature stats, Safeties, Run Stop %. Barron is #9 and Barber at #10.  I'll gladly post a pic for you later, unless you'd like to look again and retract yet another erroneous "fact".
10-4. I was looking at their general sorting of all safeties.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#62 : July 18, 2013, 04:11:02 PM

LMAO @ Freddy paying for PFF, and still not being able to use the site properly.

LMAO at Briggsy at being so lame......

You two should place a wager on who can better navigate through the PFF website....
: July 18, 2013, 04:12:33 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#63 : July 18, 2013, 04:12:03 PM

P.S. - PFF also ranks Barron as the 9th best Run coverage safty in the league. Not bad for a rookie.
Also, by my eyes PFF ranks Barron #21 against the run, so not sure where you got #9.

Hrmm, then you need to get your eyes checked...

Check signature stats, Safeties, Run Stop %. Barron is #9 and Barber at #10.  I'll gladly post a pic for you later, unless you'd like to look again and retract yet another erroneous "fact".
10-4. I was looking at their general sorting of all safeties.

See, not hard to admit your mistake now was it.  Thats a good first step. Maybe Briggs can give you lessons on how to use the site?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#64 : July 18, 2013, 04:12:29 PM

Also notice how FRG completely forgot to respond to his very own PFF contradicting his "facts" that Barron is the 3rd worst safety in the league. Priceless.
1. I did respond by saying that Atari Bigby, Jordan Babineaux, and Quentin Mikell are currently unemployed and Danny McCray, Mike Adams, Roman Harper, and Tavon Wilson are not projected as starters in 2013. So if you're excited that the #7 pick in the draft is better than those guys, knock yourself out.

2. I never said Barron was the 3rd worst safety. I said he gave up the 3rd most first downs and touchdowns, which is 100% fact.

But you failed to repond to PFF ranking Barron at 37 of 59, a far cry from one of the worst in the league that you continue to imply.  Also, you continue to try and use half truths to paint a full story.  According to your use of the facts, I'm a better safety than Barron because I gave up zero 1st downs or TD's last year.  If the facts are not put into a proper context, then they simply are not accurate facts.  Ignoring the number of snaps over which that 24 was counted makes that number 24 useless. That is exactly why PFF, in that very same article that you partially quoted, says the same thing and then states the # vs snaps.  But every time, you skip over that part.
Again, if it makes you feel better that the #7 pick in the draft is better than 3 guys who have been kicked to the curb and 4 more who have been relegated to backups, good for you.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#65 : July 18, 2013, 04:13:07 PM

You two should place a wager on who can better navigate through the PFF website....

We all know what would happen.  Freddy loses, welches, and makes up a fantasy scenario where he never lost and welched.

The delusion is comical.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#66 : July 18, 2013, 04:13:29 PM

I would, but he would welch on the bet, then try to alter previous posts and fabricate other users quotes to claim innocence. You know, his usual routine.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#67 : July 18, 2013, 04:15:13 PM

You are correct.  Barron is rated #21 against run.  On the run stop percentage, which is a completely different metric, Barron is rated 9th.  Your confusion is understandable since it was called incorrectly by PFF's subscriber known as Freddy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#68 : July 18, 2013, 04:15:19 PM

We all know what would happen.  Freddy loses, welches, and makes up a fantasy scenario where he never lost and welched.

The delusion is comical.

Lol.

*leans back, shoves popcorn in mouth*

"This should be good"

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#69 : July 18, 2013, 04:17:05 PM

The delusion is comical.

Lol.

*leans back, shoves popcorn in mouth*

"This should be good"

Nah Chance, not going any further, I'm sure he has already cried to the Moderators to get the posts deleted. After all, his next banning, which would be what, his 4th or 5th might be permanant.  He can't risk that.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#70 : July 18, 2013, 04:18:21 PM

Ten pages of back and forth b*tching or it didn't happen.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#71 : July 18, 2013, 04:19:10 PM

Fire starter

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#72 : July 18, 2013, 05:25:16 PM

Check their stats??
Sorry, but PDs and INTs do not accurately show if a player is good/poor in coverage.

But they do show that they aren't as one-dimensional as they are made out to be. 

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#73 : July 18, 2013, 05:39:19 PM

Didn't PFF analyze Goldsons snaps and it showed he played centerfield like 75% of the plays last year?  I think they are severely under rating his coverage skills just because he can hit.

Yeah, lol. I too keep reading articles with this notion that Goldson is a liability in coverage (can you believe one columnist wrote that  Eric Reid --  a rookie -- be an easy replacement for the departure of Goldson?), but I just don't see it. I've watched my fare share of 49ers games over the past couple of years and Dashon Goldson has always impressed me with his hard hitting & solid coverage. Sure he has made mistakes & had some bad games (most notably the Superbowl) but hasn't Ed Reed?
Don't go that far Ed Reed is/was a legend. Basically, there are at best 5 safeties who are really, really good in coverage and then there's everyone else. Goldson would be in the top of "everyone else". He's still pretty good but can get beat.

I am well aware of what Ed Reed is, that is why I used him to make my point. You see, even the greatest players make mistakes. Since Dashon Goldson made his latest errors on such a big stage, all of these national writers are over exaggerating his flaws in coverage. He is still a one of the most solid safeties in the NFL both in terms of coverage and the physicality of his game. Im very happy he is a Buc.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#74 : July 18, 2013, 05:39:58 PM

It is a lot like swimming through a sea of bullshlt , so I can understand their confusion.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Safeties May Get Picked On « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools