Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WRIGHT RUNS OUT OF CHANCES WITH BUCS, TRADED TO NINERS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: July 19, 2013, 05:21:53 PM

Eric Wright's one-year troubled Buccaneers career ended on Friday with the announcement of a trade to the 49ers. Wright was suspended in 2012 for four games after testing positive for Adderall. PewterReport.com can confirm that Wright was arrested earlier this month in L.A. prompting the team to cut ties.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8980:&Itemid=15

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 19, 2013, 05:23:51 PM

Drug dealing rapist and chronic drunk driver.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : July 19, 2013, 05:26:38 PM

I tweeted to him that he was a goner but he didn't believe me.

#notbuccaneermen

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 19, 2013, 05:29:07 PM

I see the board losers have taken this thread over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 19, 2013, 05:33:22 PM

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

I might bet on Leonard Johnson winning #Bucs No. 2 CB job. Will tackle, get physical. Good traits for Revis bookend. Not impressed by Banks.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

RT @Prguy5520 You're not impressed with johnthan banks based on what? ... watching him play football.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 19, 2013, 05:38:58 PM

lol @ "watching him play football"

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#6 : July 19, 2013, 05:47:54 PM

Big risk trading players that have proven themselves in the past before training camp even starts.  It leaves your team exposed if players get injured at that position. I, personally, would have waited until end of training camp to trade him. His value also would have increased if starting CBs on other teams got injured. Flip side is he is he would have been taking reps from players who will see the field in regular season.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 19, 2013, 05:59:50 PM

Big risk trading players that have proven themselves in the past before training camp even starts.  It leaves your team exposed if players get injured at that position. I, personally, would have waited until end of training camp to trade him. His value also would have increased if starting CBs on other teams got injured. Flip side is he is he would have been taking reps from players who will see the field in regular season.

The guy was a suspension waiting to happen. Couldn't depend on him after multiple chances.  Good riddance. Suprised anyone would disagree w/ the move.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 19, 2013, 06:26:49 PM

Should never have been on the roster in the first place.  Good riddance.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 19, 2013, 06:28:50 PM

Wright is a proven turd. That is all.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 19, 2013, 06:38:15 PM

You have to draw the line somewhere.  The guy was on like his twentieth last chance for christ's sake.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#11 : July 19, 2013, 06:55:49 PM

Best it happened before camp. We just don't need another Talib situation.
It's time for the coaches to step up and develop a couple of these CB's on our roster now.
We demand results from the players, coaching staff is not exempt.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 19, 2013, 06:59:29 PM

Agree- he had already exceeded his last chance allowance - I was stunned to see him accepted back by Dom and Schiano.  I think this is a GREAT message to send to players who wish to play for the buccaneer franchise. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 19, 2013, 07:04:00 PM

Banks better be the real deal or we are up shlt's creek....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 19, 2013, 07:14:41 PM

Wright was scurred anyway. Knew that he was going to be picked on all year long with Revis on the other side.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WRIGHT RUNS OUT OF CHANCES WITH BUCS, TRADED TO NINERS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools