Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ultimate Buc party house « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gone

Hall of Famer
: July 22, 2013, 04:35:11 PM

If you're moving to Hawaii, check this place out -- scroll through the pictures.

http://www.trulia.com/property/3085644576-15-1515-6th-Ave-Keaau-HI-96749#photo-11

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#1 : July 29, 2013, 01:44:02 PM

Pirate ship in the pool? Sounds like a good idea when I get rich.

Thanks for the sig Java!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 30, 2013, 09:40:20 PM

Its a nice house and everything, but in most states not named Hawaii, that house would sell for 200-300K.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 30, 2013, 10:42:00 PM

Its a nice house and everything, but in most states not named Hawaii, that house would sell for 200-300K.

Yeah.  My house here costs over 4 times what I paid for in FL and it's the same sq footage and pool, and it's in a sub-development instead of an acre. 

And that guy isn't going to get what he's asking for there, it'll get short sold.  his closest comp would have to be about 150k in that area.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 31, 2013, 12:11:24 AM

I might be moving to Hawaii in May/June of next year, but I would be in Honolulu....so I doubt that this is an option for me...oh well.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 31, 2013, 02:01:14 AM

I might be moving to Hawaii in May/June of next year, but I would be in Honolulu....so I doubt that this is an option for me...oh well.

If you end up seriously looking at it, let me know, there is a lot you need to know about and think about before you move here -- it's much more like moving to a foreign country than moving to another state.  And the remote-ness and the transience of the population (seems like half the people who live here leave within five years) makes for some unique cultural challenges.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 31, 2013, 09:57:32 AM

If you end up seriously looking at it, let me know, there is a lot you need to know about and think about before you move here -- it's much more like moving to a foreign country than moving to another state.  And the remote-ness and the transience of the population (seems like half the people who live here leave within five years) makes for some unique cultural challenges.

Will do. I should be finding out this week if Hawaii is a serious option. I would be there for 30 months on a tunneling project near Honolulu, so the leaving within 5 years would most likely apply to me, unless I loved it so much that I couldn't stand leaving. Do you enjoy living there?

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 31, 2013, 07:11:26 PM

Will do. I should be finding out this week if Hawaii is a serious option. I would be there for 30 months on a tunneling project near Honolulu, so the leaving within 5 years would most likely apply to me, unless I loved it so much that I couldn't stand leaving. Do you enjoy living there?

We love it here, although we would prefer to be back on Big Island. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 31, 2013, 08:38:13 PM

A good friend of mine, lived there until he was 20 years old.  According to him, very crowded and LOTS of rain.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 31, 2013, 09:11:30 PM

A good friend of mine, lived there until he was 20 years old.  According to him, very crowded and LOTS of rain.

It "rains" a lot, but it's very light, barely even a mist.  You don't use an umbrella.  Unless you are against the mountains on the windward side.  It is very crowded on Oahu.  Worst traffic in the nation.  The other islands are basically rural though. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 01, 2013, 10:55:25 AM

So the company that I work for had the winning bid yesterday for the job. I haven't and wont get the official word until around October of whether or not I'll be heading there or a different job in Connecticut. The job is on Oahu, but not in Honolulu like I thought. It is actually up on the North Shore.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 01, 2013, 07:39:14 PM

So the company that I work for had the winning bid yesterday for the job. I haven't and wont get the official word until around October of whether or not I'll be heading there or a different job in Connecticut. The job is on Oahu, but not in Honolulu like I thought. It is actually up on the North Shore.

Quite the difference there.  Winter in Connecticut, or winter in Hawaii ?

Its good you get to stay where you go awhile.  I am in a different city every day.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 02, 2013, 02:15:53 AM

Quite the difference there.  Winter in Connecticut, or winter in Hawaii ?

Its good you get to stay where you go awhile.  I am in a different city every day.

Nationwide, or just Florida?

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 07, 2013, 10:35:57 PM

Chace, if you have pets you should look up the quarantine and rabies testing protocols, you need to start that months before you go.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 07, 2013, 11:51:54 PM

Thanks, no pets though. If I end up coming out there, I will be coming out there on a clean slate. Won't bring much besides clothes and a few essentials. Will sell everything else.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ultimate Buc party house « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools