Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#195 : July 26, 2013, 05:23:55 PM

Seeing what having a great QB can do for a team, I don't care if they picked one every year to come in and compete to be the starter and until they found the franchise guy.
agree.  if you find the franchise guy, missing out on a 3rd round DT is meaningless in the long run.

By that logic, every draft pick should be a QB. But if that worked, then Brady wouldn't have needed that injury to the starter so he'd be recognized.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#196 : July 26, 2013, 05:29:36 PM

Lord Freesus should make a sig like that for Glennon, picturing NFC South cornerbacks looking dejected.
: July 26, 2013, 05:32:38 PM Bradspace

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#197 : July 26, 2013, 05:31:01 PM

John Jenkins, the Nose Tackle  from Georgia,  was available...He's a big upgrade over Akeem Spence....We could have saved this QB experiment for the later rounds...Glennon was a 5th rounder on some boards... so why waste a pick on a practice squad guy...

Another QB was picked before we had the chance again in 4th round. Since we rated Glennon over the rest, its quite reasonalbe to think another team would have picked Glennon instead of Barkley or even before him. 
We apparently got the guy we liked and we now want to cry about how we MAYBE picked him up one round too early? QB is the most important position in football and you want to go cheap here and maybe save a mid to late round pick?
Even if J Jenkins is a better NT than A Spence, he most likely wont save our season in 2014 and beyond when we might have no QB worth anything.

So what? Pick him in the 2nd where we picked Banks to ASSURE that we got "our guy"?

The Bucs committed a sin known as a "reach".

Glennon is a lowly rated QB in a lowly rated QB class. He is NOT as good as Seahawk's Wilson at this point.

If Glennon booms, then GREAT!

HOWEVER! The odds are stacked against that scenario. He does NOT have "franchise QB" written on him.
: July 26, 2013, 05:38:28 PM Lord Freesus

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#198 : July 26, 2013, 05:37:37 PM

Lord Freesus should make a sig like that for Glennon, picturing NFC South cornerbacks looking dejected.

You mean elated.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#199 : July 26, 2013, 05:48:13 PM

The details he has yet to grasp in this offense will take the better part of two seasons and a lot of snaps.   

I'm glad he's developing - we need quality depth at QB.  Later rather than sooner.

Exactly. Even if his pundits on this board are correct, and he and DanO are equals right now, DanO has maxed out his ability, Glennon has a lot more potential to fullfill.

They're likely to be equals if they're both maxed out.

Glennon was a 3rd rounder in the weakest QB class in recent memory.

Dan the Man was a 5th rounder in a class of Alex Smith the Game Manager, Aaron Rodgers the Great, Jason Campbell the Sad, Derek Andersen the Enigma, Ryan Fitzpatrick the Ivy Leaguer and Matt Cassel the Back Up.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#200 : July 26, 2013, 06:39:28 PM

The details he has yet to grasp in this offense will take the better part of two seasons and a lot of snaps.   

I'm glad he's developing - we need quality depth at QB.  Later rather than sooner.

Exactly. Even if his pundits on this board are correct, and he and DanO are equals right now, DanO has maxed out his ability, Glennon has a lot more potential to fullfill.

Dan the Man was a 5th rounder in a class of Alex Smith the Game Manager, Aaron Rodgers the Great, Jason Campbell the Sad, Derek Andersen the Enigma, Ryan Fitzpatrick the Ivy Leaguer and Matt Cassel the Back Up.

I do not think the amount of QB taken in the 1st round  has any effect on QB projected to go in the 3rd and after. Glennon might have been the 5 or 6 best QB in a regular draft, but would still be a 3rd-4th rounder, or lets say targeted by us there.

I did not help (or hurt) Leaf to be the 2nd best QB in Peytons draft class of 1998.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#201 : July 26, 2013, 07:02:40 PM

I do not think the amount of QB taken in the 1st round  has any effect on QB projected to go in the 3rd and after. Glennon might have been the 5 or 6 best QB in a regular draft, but would still be a 3rd-4th rounder, or lets say targeted by us there.

I did not help (or hurt) Leaf to be the 2nd best QB in Peytons draft class of 1998.

Anyone would have ponied up to have Leaf or Manning on their team in April 1998. Charlie Batch or Griese? Eh.

No one was anointing Glennon a franchise QB in april 2013. Not even the bucs.

Get where I'm going with that?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#202 : July 26, 2013, 08:44:53 PM

Anyone would have ponied up to have Leaf or Manning on their team in April 1998. Charlie Batch or Griese? Eh.

Nope, i do not see how Griese, Batch or Glennon would have been drafted higher with or without anointed franchise QBs in the 1st...because they were seen as potential starters but not anointed franchise QBs. I alos do not get how Glennon becomes a better QB by.

With more better QB Glennon would have been ranked differently(top7 instead of top3), but i do not see how he gets rated or drafted differently.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#203 : July 26, 2013, 09:33:10 PM

Nope, i do not see how Griese, Batch or Glennon would have been drafted higher with or without anointed franchise QBs in the 1st...because they were seen as potential starters but not anointed franchise QBs. I alos do not get how Glennon becomes a better QB by.

With more better QB Glennon would have been ranked differently(top7 instead of top3), but i do not see how he gets rated or drafted differently.

I'll simplify and cut the mumbo jumbo then xP

The odds of Glennon becoming a franchise QB are quite low.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#204 : July 26, 2013, 09:45:50 PM

Tom Brady was not considered a francise QB. Neither was Russell Wilson. Ryan Leaf was; Jamarcus Russell was... Scouts and GMs are not always right.
    In the draft, it's a chess game. We wanted Banks, and correctly figured he'd be there for us in round 2, as most teams look for elite speed in early CB picks. A good GM doesn't care what round he gets a player in; Glennon was a better fit for us than the remaining available QBs; stronger arm, leadership skills, et al. Likely would have been gone by our round 4 pick. We also figured a good DT would still be available in round 4, and Dom traded up to be sure we got one. No need to take that DT in round 3... 
    That gives us our trifecta, and we got Revis; nice haul in my book...

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#205 : July 26, 2013, 09:47:24 PM

And what are the odds compared to Orlovsky?
I still dont get how the round they were taken and other QBs drafted in the same year are part of the discussion.

vicious00cycle

Starter
#206 : July 26, 2013, 10:01:11 PM

Mike Glennon is a bust. So is Barron. Dom is a total idiot and Schiano is a tool. The owners are cheap. We might as well just blow this whole thing up, start fresh, and put guys like FRG and Freesus in charge, I doubt the Bucs would ever suck again...

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

freddy

Hall of Famer

#207 : July 26, 2013, 10:26:52 PM

I doubt any QB ever drafted in the 3rd round was expected to become a franchise QB.

I can not believe all the agony and grief being displayed over a 3rd round pick. I don't think I've seen this amount of complaining about a 3rd round pick since, well ever.  Even Myron Lewis didn't garner page after page in thread after thread all pronouncing doom and gloom.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#208 : July 26, 2013, 11:08:56 PM

And what are the odds compared to Orlovsky?
I still dont get how the round they were taken and other QBs drafted in the same year are part of the discussion.

The more highly touted a guy is by scouts, the more likely he is to be a franchise QB. You can't deny that, right?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#209 : July 26, 2013, 11:16:47 PM

Mike Glennon is a bust. So is Barron. Dom is a total idiot and Schiano is a tool. The owners are cheap. We might as well just blow this whole thing up, start fresh, and put guys like FRG and Freesus in charge, I doubt the Bucs would ever suck again...

Oh boy. Time for Freesus says!

Freesus says, "Mike Glennon was a reach. I highly doubt he become a franchise QB, but if he does, then great! Huzzah!"

Freesus says, "Barron did OK. I think he'll get better"

Freesus says, "Dom is a great GM"

Freesus says, "Schiano was a bit harsh at first and I had an issue with that. But now that he's established control, he's being more agreeable. Yay!"

Freesus says, "The owners/Gruden/Allen were cheap in the past. Now they're getting us the right guys."

It's better to keep quiet and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt v00c. Put words in my mouth again and I'll have to school you ;P

Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools