Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26

youngone

Hall of Famer
#90 : July 24, 2013, 11:24:23 AM

There's no such thing as covering your azz at the QB position. Either you have a franchise QB or you don't. If Freeman doesn't do enough in 2013 to get extended and they start Glennon in 2014 and he isn't a franchise QB, there's no "Oh well he was only a 3rd round pick what do you expect?" That will mean six seasons for Mark Dominik with no playoffs and three for Schiano. Someone will be getting fired. You don't get a lifetime to find a franchise QB or Gruden would still be here.

Gruden did not even draft the QB he liked. You either try to get a franchsie QB or you do not not. If not you have little chance to get one though.
And if you try and get your franchise QB in the 3rd round when all the other teams gets theirs in the 1st, well, good luck to you.
We drafted our Franchise in the 1st and drafted his back up or insurance in the 3rd.... And if the franchise is not the answer we'll probably be drafting one in the 1st next year, but we'll have a promising young guy that knows our system already at the start of next season for sure no matter what. What's so hard to understand about that?
So then we used a 3rd round pick on a player who isn't going to play. Personally, I don't enjoy drafting a new Myron Lewis every year.
He's going to compete therefor making our team better... like Schiano wants.
You don't win in the NFL by "competing". You win by being a franchise QB.
That's what we have Freeman for, and if not... Maybe Glennon can be that guy but atleast we have him here to find out.

Stop trying to act like you're smarter than the guys that are paid to do this... They know their plan and direction for the team.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#91 : July 24, 2013, 11:25:45 AM

There's no such thing as covering your azz at the QB position. Either you have a franchise QB or you don't. If Freeman doesn't do enough in 2013 to get extended and they start Glennon in 2014 and he isn't a franchise QB, there's no "Oh well he was only a 3rd round pick what do you expect?" That will mean six seasons for Mark Dominik with no playoffs and three for Schiano. Someone will be getting fired. You don't get a lifetime to find a franchise QB or Gruden would still be here.

Gruden did not even draft the QB he liked. You either try to get a franchsie QB or you do not not. If not you have little chance to get one though.
And if you try and get your franchise QB in the 3rd round when all the other teams gets theirs in the 1st, well, good luck to you.
We drafted our Franchise in the 1st and drafted his back up or insurance in the 3rd.... And if the franchise is not the answer we'll probably be drafting one in the 1st next year, but we'll have a promising young guy that knows our system already at the start of next season for sure no matter what. What's so hard to understand about that?
So then we used a 3rd round pick on a player who isn't going to play. Personally, I don't enjoy drafting a new Myron Lewis every year.

this is classic FRG silly ^^^^  Glennon = Myron Lewis, one not playing because of lack of talent and one hopefully not playing because our starter is playing like a franchise QB and healthy . . . . .  yeah . . .  they are the same . . . insurance versus bust . . .pfft . .

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#92 : July 24, 2013, 11:27:34 AM

cant you guys understand that FRG cant lose this argument?  best case scenario is glennon blows up and is a 10 year allpro - FRG just says, "we'll i guess he is part of the 4% of the 3rd round QB's over 6'6" drafted after the first 40 picks who actually did good".  and then he can say since he is a Bucs fan he was rooting for the guy to succeed the entire time.  worst case scenario is glennon flames out and FRG can be known as the guy who said glennon was a worthless pick.  win/win!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#93 : July 24, 2013, 11:29:09 AM

Stop trying to act like you're smarter than the guys that are paid to do this... They know their plan and direction for the team.
There are 31 other teams who have a plan and direction, too. If too many of their plans are better than your plans, you're getting fired. Every year 5-8 NFL coaches who know a lot more than me get fired because their plan didn't work.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#94 : July 24, 2013, 11:31:25 AM

There are 31 other teams who have a plan and direction, too. If too many of their plans are better than your plans, you're getting fired. Every year 5-8 NFL coaches who know a lot more than me get fired because their plan didn't work.
So this plan isn't working already?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#95 : July 24, 2013, 11:31:48 AM

wait....doesn't Dom change his plan constantly when the previous one fails?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#96 : July 24, 2013, 11:34:32 AM

Ummmm.... Wouldn't you do the same?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#97 : July 24, 2013, 11:36:41 AM

We don't know yet. But we do know the entire NFL had the chance to draft Glennon twice and roughly ten teams who don't have franchise QB's had three opportunities and decided against it. We'll eventually find out if Schiano is smarter than everyone else or we're going to killed by all the real QB's.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#98 : July 24, 2013, 11:38:52 AM

You don't win in the NFL by "competing". You win by being a franchise QB.

If the competion features franchise QBs and Glennon wins it, what is Glennon then?
If the competition does not feature franchise QB, then Glennon is just tallest midget. But no one better was availalable to us then. Thank god we just used a 3rd rounder on him and did not waste a 1st rounder or more on the 2nd placed guy, right?

Just talking about franchise QBs won't get you one. We need to act. Drafting the guys you like sounds like nice concept don't you think? This is what the did here and will do in 2014 again. But i have no clue how good they are at predicting future success of QB prospects, What picks the use on the guys the like does not make those guys better players.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#99 : July 24, 2013, 11:42:36 AM

We don't know yet. But we do know the entire NFL had the chance to draft Glennon twice and roughly ten teams who don't have franchise QB's had three opportunities and decided against it. We'll eventually find out if Schiano is smarter than everyone else or we're going to killed by all the real QB's.
The whole NFL passed on Brady, Kap, Wilson multiple times as well.. What's your point?

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#100 : July 24, 2013, 11:44:14 AM

Here's hoping Freeman lights it up and this is all a moot point. But regardless whoever is behind center I'll root for them just like I did for guys like Simms, King and Robosack Johnson.... though he was hard to root for.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Not living, just killing time\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

freddy

Hall of Famer
#101 : July 24, 2013, 11:49:14 AM

The whole NFL passed on Brady, Kap, Wilson multiple times as well.. What's your point?

He is just complaining to complain. Don't think I have ever seen FRG talk positive about a player.  If so, it is even a lower percentage than the # of 3rd round QB's that turn into quality starters.  This whole conversation about a player that no one has ever seen take a NFL snap and declaring him bust now is just plain silly.  First people complain about Dan O and his weak arm, now they tout his experience, leadership and rocket arm.  People complained about the lack of depth and competition, then complain as soon as the team attempts to increase the competition and depth. The only thing that is a fact in this conversation is that had the Bucs waited until the 4th or 5th or later to draft a QB, people would be complaining that they didn't use a 3rd to get the QB that they wanted.  Some people just can't be happy.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#102 : July 24, 2013, 11:57:01 AM

I'd give Glennon a chance to beat out Freeman for the job.  I'm not impressed by Freeman.  I think a solid prospect would beat him out.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#103 : July 24, 2013, 12:00:25 PM

I'd give Glennon a chance to beat out Freeman for the job.  I'm not impressed by Freeman.  I think a solid prospect would beat him out.
That's called believing in competition.. Some logical people poo poo on such a thing.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#104 : July 24, 2013, 12:02:58 PM

Ummmm.... Wouldn't you do the same?

Lmao ... What that definition of insanity?

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools