Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#135 : July 24, 2013, 07:37:28 PM

When it comes to drafting QBs it is black and white.

LMAO a double entendre similar to something that Java would say.  :o

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#136 : July 24, 2013, 08:45:09 PM

So much hate for the guy.  At worst we have a backup qb on the cheap that fits our offense.  That is fine for a 3rd.  Anything more than that and he's a steal.  Time will tell.

It's not really hate for Glennon. We (I) are upset about the Giants snatching the talented DLmen we needed to draft while we went and got Glennon.

If that's the case , you should be happy , because the Giants already have so much depth on the Dline they cant possibly keep them all. Those talented D-lineman will end up on the PS where Dom can do his patented steal.

That does have some truth to it :) Though I'd rather have Damontre Moore or Johnathan Hankins already drafted and here.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#137 : July 24, 2013, 10:19:55 PM

then why in the world did the seahawks draft wilson?  why in the world did the redskins draft cousins?  the pats mallett?  the broncos osweiler?

The Seahawks didn't have a starting QB. They had traded for a guy that play two games in 4 years and never took a snap in Seattle. They thought Wilson was a starter and they took him. They were right.

Osweiler...no idea! Lol. I mean Manning is almost 40 so I get drafting a guy you can groom and hopefully start in 2 or 3 years.....but Osweiler in the 2nd!?!? Wow. That was worse than Napoleon in the 3rd.

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#138 : July 24, 2013, 10:22:25 PM

So much hate for the guy.  At worst we have a backup qb on the cheap that fits our offense.  That is fine for a 3rd.  Anything more than that and he's a steal.  Time will tell.

It's not really hate for Glennon. We (I) are upset about the Giants snatching the talented DLmen we needed to draft while we went and got Glennon.

If that's the case , you should be happy , because the Giants already have so much depth on the Dline they cant possibly keep them all. Those talented D-lineman will end up on the PS where Dom can do his patented steal.

That does have some truth to it :) Though I'd rather have Damontre Moore or Johnathan Hankins already drafted and here.

Or Stedman Bailey, or Logan Ryan, or Corey Lemonier , or Brandon Williams, or.....well you get the point.

Draft Aaron Donald

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#139 : July 24, 2013, 10:26:43 PM

The Seahawks didn't have a starting QB. They had traded for a guy that play two games in 4 years and never took a snap in Seattle. They thought Wilson was a starter and they took him. They were right.
Osweiler...no idea! Lol. I mean Manning is almost 40 so I get drafting a guy you can groom and hopefully start in 2 or 3 years.....but Osweiler in the 2nd!?!? Wow. That was worse than Napoleon in the 3rd.
the seahawks did give flynn a 3 year 20 mil contract.  i gotta think they were planning on him to be the guy and hopefully wilson would pan out.  i also dont think if they thought wilson was such a stud they would have let 2 rounds go before taking him.  i think the bucs see glennon as the seahawks saw wilson.  possibly great guys...but definitely hard workers with with all the skills and an adequate ceiling at worst.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#140 : July 24, 2013, 10:28:50 PM

Or Stedman Bailey, or Logan Ryan, or Corey Lemonier , or Brandon Williams, or.....well you get the point.
its easily possible that ogletree, morgan, and spence are better than those guys.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

sammich

Starter

#141 : July 25, 2013, 03:04:18 AM

I keep seeing in this thread that QBs have about a 10% chance to be good.  The number isn't important- it could be 2% or 20%- but doesn't logic reason that the more times you try the more likely you are to have success?  Don't the good teams generally draft a QB before they need him?

I never watched Glennon play ball, but everything I've read says he has potential.  He doesn't have to start this year.  I'm certain his presence alone has made Free work a little harder.  So to sum it up we have a young QB with potential that the staff likes and he doesn't have to start this year.

I don't see what there is to complain about. 

The same community that calls this a passing league and says the QB is far and away the most important player on the team is mad about drafting one.  You guys need to make up your mind.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#142 : July 25, 2013, 05:37:23 AM

its easily possible that ogletree, morgan, and spence are better than those guys.
doubtful

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#143 : July 25, 2013, 06:49:09 AM

the seahawks did give flynn a 3 year 20 mil contract.  i gotta think they were planning on him to be the guy and hopefully wilson would pan out.  i also dont think if they thought wilson was such a stud they would have let 2 rounds go before taking him.  i think the bucs see glennon as the seahawks saw wilson.  possibly great guys...but definitely hard workers with with all the skills and an adequate ceiling at worst.

It was widely accepted before the draft that Wilson had everything you could want in a QB except for height. He was basically considered a 5'10" Andrew Luck. There was no doubt about his talent, just his height. I could find 50 articles saying he would be a 1st round pick if he was 4 inches taller. That is entirely different than Napoleon Dynamite. Comparing the two is laughable.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#144 : July 25, 2013, 07:37:01 AM

It was widely accepted before the draft that Wilson had everything you could want in a QB except for height. He was basically considered a 5'10" Andrew Luck. There was no doubt about his talent, just his height. I could find 50 articles saying he would be a 1st round pick if he was 4 inches taller. That is entirely different than Napoleon Dynamite. Comparing the two is laughable.

True . Glennon is definitely not having to worry about his height.  :P

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#145 : July 25, 2013, 08:29:06 AM

This is true. It's one thing to say "so-and-so was drafted in this round and turned out to be good, so this other player could be good, too!", but it does help to investigate why a successful player is drafted in a certain slot and see if that applies to the other player. You're right, everyone said Wilson had all you want but height. It turns out he doesn't need height, so he truly has everything you want. Glennon has height so that's not why he lasted until the 3rd. So that means there's another reason all the teams who don't have good QB's passed on him three times.
: July 25, 2013, 08:38:05 AM Feel Real Good

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#146 : July 25, 2013, 08:32:55 AM

True . Glennon is definitely not having to worry about his height.  :P

I read an article that said his great great grandfather was a giraffe.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#147 : July 25, 2013, 08:36:54 AM

I keep seeing in this thread that QBs have about a 10% chance to be good.  The number isn't important- it could be 2% or 20%- but doesn't logic reason that the more times you try the more likely you are to have success?  Don't the good teams generally draft a QB before they need him?
Logic also tells you have have 22 starters and 53 players on your roster and only so much money and draft picks to acquire good players, so picking a player at a position where history tells you there's a 10% chance of that player being good over positions where a 3rd round pick might give you a good player 20%, 30%, or 40% of the time can be not the most efficient way to build a team.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#148 : July 25, 2013, 08:55:01 AM

Logic also tells you have have 22 starters and 53 players on your roster and only so much money and draft picks to acquire good players, so picking a player at a position where history tells you there's a 10% chance of that player being good over positions where a 3rd round pick might give you a good player 20%, 30%, or 40% of the time can be not the most efficient way to build a team.

Glennon + a potential 1st rounder>> just a 1st rounder

Again, when did the bucs state they would not ALSO roll the dice in next years draft AFTER they have seen Glennon for a year?

The higher chance of a 1st rounder does not matter anymore once he proved to suck. We have no QB for 2014 and QB is the most important position in football.  We have to find one soon and next years draft does not even guarantee us getting a better PROSPECT than Glennon.

Just useing a 1st rounder on a QB is not a efficient way to build a team at all. You just need to look at this years draft. Taking one with your 1st round pick wont make him a better player. You need to explore every single way to find a franchise QB. One first rounder in one specific year most likely wont cut it, as if Glennon keeps us from picking one next year any way.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#149 : July 25, 2013, 09:07:29 AM

This is true. It's one thing to say "so-and-so was drafted in this round and turned out to be good, so this other player could be good, too!", but it does help to investigate why a successful player is drafted in a certain slot and see if that applies to the other player. You're right, everyone said Wilson had all you want but height. It turns out he doesn't need height, so he truly has everything you want. Glennon has height so that's not why he lasted until the 3rd. So that means there's another reason all the teams who don't have good QB's passed on him three times.

Apparently it wasnt more concerning than Wilsons height alone. But then we are back to how to evaluate QB.  The round he got picked in does not make the player.

It might explain why we should not have picked Glennon, but it does not tell us why we should not ALSO try to fill our gapping hole at QB with a QB other teams passed on until the 3rd round.
We have no QB for 2014. The 2014 draft guarantess nothing, not a better prospect than Glennon and definitly not a franchise QB.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools