Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Retired Buc takes Clowney's side on the new Clowney Rules « previous next »
Page: 1 2

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 25, 2013, 01:56:03 PM

I'm so glad Eric is still telling it like it is. I love that dude.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#16 : July 25, 2013, 03:16:45 PM

That was a nice hit.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 25, 2013, 04:38:08 PM

I got a good laugh when the title was retired Buc, then it turned out to be LeGrand.   LOL!
Lol I did too

Well, technically speaking.. he is.  8)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 25, 2013, 07:29:09 PM

I actually agree with some of the rules they've put in to stop hitting. The crap that James Harrison was doing was dirty and he should've been called for spearing (which has always been illegal) 100 times out of 100. Leading with the top of your helmet has never been legal which makes some of these other rules ridiculous. Why not just enforce the rule that's been in the league for what, 20 years? Seriously, it's pathetic.

You can't hit receivers who jump for the ball anymore, runningbacks can't lower their heads. Can't even make contact with the QB anywhere other than the waist or arm. If they properly called spearing like they should've been this whole time, there'd be no need for this other crap.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#19 : July 25, 2013, 09:15:53 PM

I guess the issue is that he lowered his helmet. But he lowered it AT THE BALL, not at the player

I'll take that style of hit over the Ruud-style "grab the guys hips from behind" tackle any day.

Ruud-style "grab the guys hips from behind" ...  Perhaps this explains some of Rudd's most ardent supporters...

(Sorry, I couldn't resist...)

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 26, 2013, 03:02:55 AM

I'm so glad Eric is still telling it like it is. I love that dude.

+1

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Retired Buc takes Clowney's side on the new Clowney Rules « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools