Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tarell Brown lost $2M over missed 49ers workouts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #45 : July 29, 2013, 06:53:44 AM »

You pay the agent a chunk of your salary in order to have him do his duties. Such as getting you a better contract deal.

So a "better" contract deal is a deal where the agent doesn't make sure you get the bulk of your salary?    That agent failed big time.   It's 100% the agent's fault here.

No fault of the employee for not reading his contract? XD

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #46 : July 29, 2013, 06:57:15 AM »

How often does this sort of thing happen? Not very often. First time I've ever heard of it in the decades that I've been following the sport.  Several people dropped the ball - the team included. 

Don't think it would happen to the Dominik/Schiano - I think they have an exit-interview with every player and discuss the season/off season (or maybe Maddon does that with the Rays' players). 

But I can tell you one thing, all teams will put it into their routine, all agents will be combing over contracts, and I bet all players will be looking at their contracts from now on.

Lesson learned by all parties involved. 

Octagenarian

Starter

« #47 : July 29, 2013, 07:05:43 AM »

How often does this sort of thing happen? Not very often. First time I've ever heard of it in the decades that I've been following the sport.  Several people dropped the ball - the team included. 

Don't think it would happen to the Dominik/Schiano - I think they have an exit-interview with every player and discuss the season/off season (or maybe Maddon does that with the Rays' players). 

But I can tell you one thing, all teams will put it into their routine, all agents will be combing over contracts, and I bet all players will be looking at their contracts from now on.

Lesson learned by all parties involved.

Actually, I think it's 100% the agent's fault.  He should be fired by every client he has for that horrible error.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #48 : July 29, 2013, 11:29:18 AM »

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/07/28/could-mistake-be-an-opportunity-for-tarell-brown

Excerpt:

Without the dramatic reduction in Brown’s deal, the 49ers would have little chance in re-signing him. The team is trying to save cap dollars to re-sign quarterback Colin Kaepernick and pass rusher Aldon Smith. But now they could possibly sign Brown to an extension, which could restore Brown’s two mil and allow the 49ers to keep Brown beyond this season.
Also, Brown is worth re-signing. Not only is he the team’s best cornerback, he’s the most exemplary person in the locker room and probably the entire organization.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2013/07/27/how-much-will-49ers-cornerback-tarell-browns-blunder-cost-his-former-agent

Excerpt:

While Brown has undoubtedly taken a huge financial hit based on the blunder, his former agent may be in for a rude awakening as well.  One football agent told FORBES that he has already contacted all of Overstreet’s remaining clients, who are perceived to be ripe for the taking.  However, that agent advises against being too quick to place the blame on Brown’s former agent.  ”The player signed the contract, and as a player you need to know what you signed,” said the agent who spoke on condition of anonymity.  ”If Overstreet actually told [Brown] he didn’t have to show up though..that’s significant.  If I am Overstreet, I would be looking at my agent malpractice policy.”

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #49 : July 29, 2013, 12:51:23 PM »

Locker room leader, starter, best DB - that's why I posted that you don't want to screw him over like that youngone poster said to do.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #50 : July 29, 2013, 01:18:33 PM »

Locker room leader, starter, best DB - that's why I posted that you don't want to screw him over like that youngone poster said to do.
Lol you knew the whole time right?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #51 : July 29, 2013, 01:28:43 PM »

That report is from a blogger, right?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #52 : July 29, 2013, 02:00:34 PM »

That report is from a blogger, right?

Blogger broke the initial story.

And first blogger referenced above writes for the local paper and has covered the Niners for ages - he's practically an expert on anything concerning the team.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #53 : July 29, 2013, 02:06:42 PM »

Fulfilling contract = screwing over in the nurse's world.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #54 : July 29, 2013, 05:24:48 PM »

Sounds like they will work it out.  Resign him long term with the 2mil bonus included.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Octagenarian

Starter

« #55 : July 29, 2013, 06:31:05 PM »

If I am Overstreet, I would be looking at my agent malpractice policy.

His career as an agent is in jeopardy.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #56 : July 29, 2013, 06:38:27 PM »

Sounds like they will work it out.  Resign him long term with the 2mil bonus included.
smart move by the Niners - they are considered an upper class organization - team like the Bengals, Cowboys, Raiders, Titans would have screwed him over. Bucs would have done it the guy's name was Eric Wright or K2 or Jerramy Stevens.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #57 : July 29, 2013, 07:01:28 PM »

smart move by the Niners - they are considered an upper class organization - team like the Bengals, Cowboys, Raiders, Titans would have screwed him over. Bucs would have done it the guy's name was Eric Wright or K2 or Jerramy Stevens.

We screw over knuckleheads? Gewd.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #58 : July 29, 2013, 07:06:10 PM »

when it's in the team's best interst, yepper

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #59 : July 29, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »

when it's in the team's best interst, yepper

IDK man.  They gave Wright quite a few chances, and he still managed to screw it up.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tarell Brown lost $2M over missed 49ers workouts « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools