Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bridgewater interview « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 30, 2013, 08:03:08 AM

Manziel can throw people.

He beat Bama in Bama. He is legit. But the guy might be Jeff George in terms of his composure and smarts. (Different skill sets, but physically superior to most QBs in terms of what they bring)

He needs to realize that he can still hang out. He just needs to be smarter, and less frequent (less public) about it as well.

But this Bridgewater is an accurate passer, can drop the ball into narrow alleys and windows, is a natural leader, and will take a hit and keep ticking, unabated.

Mentally, he is the exact opposite of Heisman.

I'd be happy with either, but Bridge is a worthy and safer prospect.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 30, 2013, 08:12:13 AM

I'm not saying Manziel is good or bad yet. It's too early to tell...but it's not too early for Bridgewater. That guy is a stud.

With Manziel, for one I don't think he is really 6'1" 200lbs. He's probably under 6ft and more like 185lbs. Now Russell Wilson showed short QBs can be great, but Russell is a well put together, thick built guy. He's every bit of his 206lbs listed weight. Plus he has a football IQ and work ethic that are off the charts, along with the maturity and leadership of a ten year vet. Manziel hasn't shown any of those qualities.

Right now Manziel is a short, scrawny kid that runs around like a chicken with it's head cut off....and also throws the ball sometimes. On top of that, he has shown that he is still very immature and his work ethic is questionable at best. It's not a successful recipe for NFL success. He has a lot to prove before he is even considered a 2nd round pick, much less a top 10 pick. He's definitely not even the 2nd best QB prospect for next year's draft at this point.

Meanwhile, Bridgewater has the size, the IQ, the maturity, the arm, the decision making, the accuracy, and if need be...the wheels. He does everything well and has proven he is a legit pocket passer that also has great ability to run, but only when he has too. Unless he comes out and does a 180 this year and is just horrible, or has a major injury...the guy will be the #1 pick in the draft .  (Maybe #2 after Clowney  ;) )
: July 30, 2013, 08:16:29 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 30, 2013, 08:15:45 AM

Manziel can read a field. And his throwing while going live is peerless.

He is a dumbass lazy college kid. Ultimately that means...

(To Be Continued)

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#18 : July 30, 2013, 08:17:49 AM

Manziel

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 30, 2013, 08:19:06 AM

Manziel
If Manziel were black, you would say he sucks.

Obvious racist is obvious. And oblivious.

Spare us. Just jump off...you are never fixing your drug problem.

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#20 : July 30, 2013, 08:19:38 AM

I love RG3.

(Boid proven wrong yet again.)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 30, 2013, 08:22:01 AM

You can't pick and choose. You act like a racist then you are a racist. Period. There is no cherry picking. This isn't a "Race Draft".

Fool, reevaluate yourself. You are a racist and a drug addict.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#22 : July 30, 2013, 08:27:17 AM

You can't pick and choose. You act like a racist then you are a racist. Period. There is no cherry picking. This isn't a "Race Draft".

Don't forget "lady boy pros" addict as well.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 30, 2013, 08:32:38 AM

Don't forget "lady boy pros" addict as well.
Yup. What a Got Damn train wreck. Why does it even bother?  I feel bad for him.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 30, 2013, 06:14:49 PM

Manziel seems like an incredibly risky pick as of right now. He runs with the same level of fearlessness as RG3, yet isn't quite as athletic and isn't nearly as smart. I've always been outspoken against the idea that EVERY running QB will get killed in the NFL, but in his case it's pretty much true. Unless Manziel learns to pick his fights better and not try to juke everyone, he'll die out there. IF he figures that out and learns to use his legs as a secondary weapon like Wilson, then you've got a potentially great QB on your hands. Still, as of now I wouldn't consider him early in the 1st round at all.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 30, 2013, 08:32:21 PM

Johnny will be the better QB, but he's not the "safest" pick anymore because of off the field dumbness.
This kills me, it really does. When he gets a DUI or knocks a bouncer out, I'll give a crap.

Regardless, I think Teddy is a better player. UF had a sick defense last year (that absolutely shut Manziel down in the second half of that game) and Teddy just made a joke out of it.

I like Glennon but Freeman or not I really wish we were 100% looking at a QB this year. So much talent that bring a lot of different things to the table.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 30, 2013, 08:34:24 PM

I wouldn't say Manziel is a sideshow....Dude is a football player , period, just a natural football player with a knack for making plays .

Whether that translates on the next level remains to be seen ....it didn't for Tebow.
Trivia:

Who has more 300 yard passing games in the post season since out Super Bowl - Tebow or the Bucs?

Who has more playoff victories since our Super Bowl - Tebow or the Bucs?

Fantasy football and ESPN have just ruined the game

youngone

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 30, 2013, 08:41:47 PM

Manziel seems like an alcoholic waiting to happen. His dad even says we worries about him going off the deep end.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/30/johnny-manziels-dad-worries-it-could-all-come-unraveled/

McCoy93

Starter

#28 : July 30, 2013, 08:43:59 PM

I like what i saw from Bridgewater last year espiecally in the bowl game against UF. He's gonna be under the microscope this year but i don't know how he ranks against past prospects such as luck and RGIII

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 30, 2013, 08:46:27 PM

I like what i saw from Bridgewater last year espiecally in the bowl game against UF. He's gonna be under the microscope this year but i don't know how he ranks against past prospects such as luck and RGIII
I think he's better than Luck but IMO, RG3 was a once in a lifetime prospect. Knee might change things but in my eyes he was the LeBron James of the NFL as far as potential.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bridgewater interview « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools