Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bridgewater interview « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

McCoy93

Starter

#30 : July 30, 2013, 08:51:31 PM

I like what i saw from Bridgewater last year espiecally in the bowl game against UF. He's gonna be under the microscope this year but i don't know how he ranks against past prospects such as luck and RGIII
I think he's better than Luck but IMO, RG3 was a once in a lifetime prospect. Knee might change things but in my eyes he was the LeBron James of the NFL as far as potential.

right now i want to put him right around sam bradford when he came out from OU which is pretty damn good. Bridgewater i believe has the best chance of fighting clowney for the top spot next year;

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 04, 2013, 08:46:44 PM

Anyone see Manziel is being investigated for some autograph signing crap? Might not be eligible to play this year.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 04, 2013, 11:33:30 PM

Anyone see Manziel is being investigated for some autograph signing crap? Might not be eligible to play this year.
1) Hate the NCAA
2) If this is true, I take back everything I said. Dude is dumb as hell. Huge difference between autographing things for a broker and selling your own game worn jersey like AJ Green did.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 04, 2013, 11:47:46 PM

I hate college football in general because of this type of nonsense. The colleges make millions of football but the kids who play aren't allowed to sell their own property, trade their own property for tattoos, sell their own signature, ect, ect....really? If my autograph was worth something, you better believe I'm signing a few hundred pictures and selling em on ebay. It's MY signature.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 04, 2013, 11:52:34 PM

I hate college football in general because of this type of nonsense. The colleges make millions of football but the kids who play aren't allowed to sell their own property, trade their own property for tattoos, sell their own signature, ect, ect....really? If my autograph was worth something, you better believe I'm signing a few hundred pictures and selling em on ebay. It's MY signature.
and you can do that...you just cant play CFB anymore.  its not nonsense, its limiting unfair advantages.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 05, 2013, 12:03:29 AM

and you can do that...you just cant play CFB anymore.  its not nonsense, its limiting unfair advantages.
I understand both sides to this coin. But it's why black and white rules are stupid.

Manziel selling autographs is not the same as AJ Green selling his jersey and neither are the same as a booster giving a kid a cadillac and none of those are the same as an alum recognizing a kid at the mall and buying him a burger. Yet the NCAA views all of those as the same thing.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 05, 2013, 03:32:29 AM

I understand both sides to this coin. But it's why black and white rules are stupid.

Manziel selling autographs is not the same as AJ Green selling his jersey and neither are the same as a booster giving a kid a cadillac and none of those are the same as an alum recognizing a kid at the mall and buying him a burger. Yet the NCAA views all of those as the same thing.

I'm not sure you're 100% right about it, but it sure does seem like the NCAA runs things that way from what I've seen.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 05, 2013, 09:58:40 AM

I think it's stupid and NCAA players should be able to sell their autographs if they want to.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 05, 2013, 10:01:53 AM

How does selling my autograph or jersey give me an advantage on the football field? That is ridiculous.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 05, 2013, 08:00:28 PM

How does selling my autograph or jersey give me an advantage on the football field? That is ridiculous.
if the boosters at texas will pay $50 for every signature while the boosters at a&m will only pay $25, where do you think manziel would play his college ball?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bridgewater interview « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools