Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bridgewater interview « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: July 29, 2013, 06:46:33 PM

I think some team is going to be VERY lucking next year. This kid is gonna be something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaCmCXBNpJE

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 29, 2013, 08:02:10 PM

Cue the freepologist bashing of Bridgewater in 3....2.....1.....

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 29, 2013, 08:15:36 PM

Cue the freepologist bashing of Bridgewater in 3....2.....1.....

xd, thats what Freepologist are doing, they bash QBs like Bridgewater

But let me start. Bridgewater has little chance to play here next year. I wonder why...probably because i consider Freeman as unquestionable great franchise QB or Bridgewater a 100% bust, right?

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 29, 2013, 08:20:29 PM

Seems like a good kid.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 29, 2013, 08:36:11 PM

Ya,  the more I find out about him, the more I like him.  Between him and Johnny Whatshisname, I think Bridgewater is the much safer pick.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 29, 2013, 09:05:31 PM

Johnny will be the better QB, but he's not the "safest" pick anymore because of off the field dumbness.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 29, 2013, 09:11:50 PM

Johnny will be the better QB, but he's not the "safest" pick anymore because of off the field dumbness.

I don't think the off field stuff amounts to a hill of beans. Its the measurable's that swing it Teddy's way.  He is huge, Freeman size.  Speaks well. stays out of trouble.  Short QB's are always going to be a risk in today's NFL.  Sure, Russell Wilson is tearing it up, but I think he is the exception.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 29, 2013, 10:06:35 PM

Johnny will be trouble from the day he is drafted. He'll be Tebow 2.0 as far as the media circus goes and that's because of all the off field antics. Tebow at least got attention because he was a character on the field. Bridgewater is no doubt the safer pick and it's possible that doesn't just include off field issues.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 30, 2013, 02:12:38 AM

I don't think the off field stuff amounts to a hill of beans. Its the measurable's that swing it Teddy's way.  He is huge, Freeman size.  Speaks well. stays out of trouble.  Short QB's are always going to be a risk in today's NFL.  Sure, Russell Wilson is tearing it up, but I think he is the exception.

Apparently you aren't helping your argument mentioning freeman around these here parts. Just saying man.

Physical tools mean little in the NFL. Sure, they help, but there is a natural instinct that cannot be developed, and you damn sure need to be a quick thinker to play the QB position.

So, for this reason, I would like to stay away from Bridgewater. He seems mentally slow to me, and because of his similarities to Freeman's physical attributes it would be a negative to bring in the same type of player. What does everyone think, that bridgewater is a super-freeman? If not, then I think many need to rethink their drafting plans.

I'm doing just that after seeing how much of an idiot Johnny can be.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 30, 2013, 05:46:19 AM

Meh!  Freeman 2.0.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 30, 2013, 07:29:33 AM

We will never be picking near high enough .....don't get your hopes up, anyone.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 30, 2013, 07:32:02 AM

Bridgewater will be a damn fine QB, but I still think Mariota from Oregon will be the best of the bunch.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 30, 2013, 07:34:00 AM

LOL@ you guys that think Manziel is in the same category as Bridgewater. Not even close. Manziel is a college side show that is great fun to watch, but until proven otherwise.....just a college side show.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 30, 2013, 07:37:37 AM

I wouldn't say Manziel is a sideshow....Dude is a football player , period, just a natural football player with a knack for making plays .

Whether that translates on the next level remains to be seen ....it didn't for Tebow.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 30, 2013, 07:54:48 AM

I think Manziel's game is suited for college ball and below. Not that that's a bad thing. He's obviously pretty talented and I'm sure he was one of the best on every team he's ever played on up to this point in his life.

Some team will probably draft him and he'll get a chance based on what he did in college. He'll probably have a mediocre career and make just enough special plays to make you think he's going to be elite at some point, but he'll never quite get there.

Hide Tools Show Tools