Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florida Bus Attack « previous next »
Page: 1 2

spartan

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 07, 2013, 07:29:19 PM

No, but I'm sure it will once the Department Of Justice decides to get involved.

Like that is ever going to happen. The victim is white.

Seriously though, that is a half serious statement because although I don't think race had anything to do with this, this is how race baiting has an impact. I do feel that if the roles were switched the DOJ would be all over this, and what is more, there would be people trying to make it a race issue. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 07, 2013, 07:57:48 PM

Leaves a bad taste in my wallet, too.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 08, 2013, 12:25:05 PM

Driver should be fired end of story.

he retired. I think he was in his mid 60s and he followed the protocol, but I agree that it seems like he would pull the bus over and dive in. Three teenage boys probably too much for him, but he's still got to do it.
The bus driver needs to be fired.   If he retired or tries to retire, take away his pension.   His behavior was inexcusable.

Wrong wrong and wrong.

If the driver gets involved and one of the kids gets a boo-boo on his knee because of the drivers action, then the driver is charged with assault on a minor and the punks parents sue him and the school board and then Jesse Jackson and Sharpton accuse the driver of being an "uncle tom" or "black George Zimmerman" for engaging in violence against "innocent black youths" to defend an obvious racist white kid...yada yada yada.

The driver had 2 choices with 3 possible outcomes

1. He attempts to breakup the fight and

a. he gets seriously hurt and because he didn't follow "protocol" the county refuses to pay for his medical treatment
    b. one of the punks gets hurt and he is fired w/o benefits for assault and battery on a minor and the lawsuits follow
    c. no one is hurt (but the white kid) and the fight stopped, but outrage at his "vigilante efforts" results in his firing.

2. He does nothing and

a. the victim is hurt, a few parents gripe, story buried on page 7 and soon forgotten
   b. he is asked to "retire" a few parents gripe, story buried on page 8 and soon forgotten
   c. he is commended for following protocol, a few people gripe, story buried on page 9 and soon forgotten

In today's absurdly litigious society, getting involved and coming to someone's aid is wrong. Doing what is right = wrong. Doing nothing = right.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 08, 2013, 12:41:06 PM

doing nothing is unfortunately safer, but it aint right

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 08, 2013, 12:46:36 PM

In today's litigious society, right is no longer right

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 08, 2013, 02:36:37 PM

and that is a shame, no doubt

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#21 : August 08, 2013, 11:57:07 PM

That's why American citizens sat calmly, allowing terrorists to fly airplanes into the world trade center carrying no weapons other than case cutters...

Makes you proud doesn't it?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 08, 2013, 11:59:36 PM

That's why American citizens sat calmly, allowing terrorists to fly airplanes into the world trade center carrying no weapons other than case cutters...

Makes you proud doesn't it?

that is such a dumb comment, even by your low standard Java

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#23 : August 09, 2013, 07:29:59 AM

I have no doubt that people did not react to those terrorists because they were afraid of being sued if someone got hurt as a result of their actions.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 09, 2013, 01:34:53 PM

I have no doubt that people did not react to those terrorists because they were afraid of being sued if someone got hurt as a result of their actions.

lmao

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 13, 2013, 12:57:36 PM

I can see that some might have felt the need to be "accepting" during the course of the terrorist planning and initial implementation - I don't know that it got to the level of fearing litigation.  There isn't much doubt about the litigation efforts have gone beyond where most folks would find reasonable. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florida Bus Attack « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools