Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obamacare Shoes Begin To Drop . . . « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#165 : October 23, 2013, 07:37:12 AM

I sell Data management software to the Govt. about 5 million per year. / They call me every Sept. when budgets hit. They buy 5 mil per year that they don't need as they have hundreds of unused concurrent licenses. They buy because if the department doesn't spend it they lose it. / Then they pay maintenance on the unused licenses at about 20% of the license cost per year. / Pays me about $200k in commish just off that purchase every year. 

I wont turn down the money, but when they say they run lean and tight budgets, I laugh. This is just a tiny example or Govt spending. / If someone runs on tightening things up,he wil not get voted in by the people as they will fear loss of their handouts.

This type of overspending happens at level of government.  And the liberals still think there's a revenue problem, not a spending problem.

Can you name the last Republican President with a budget surplus? I know you are old, but you can't be that old. You might have to google it.

Conservatives don't balance the budget. They just overspend on different things. The conservative folk hero Ronald Reagan's right hand man coined the phrase "deficits don't matter". Funny how all of the sudden they are all that matter when the other side is doing it.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#166 : October 23, 2013, 07:53:26 AM

I sell Data management software to the Govt. about 5 million per year. / They call me every Sept. when budgets hit. They buy 5 mil per year that they don't need as they have hundreds of unused concurrent licenses. They buy because if the department doesn't spend it they lose it. / Then they pay maintenance on the unused licenses at about 20% of the license cost per year. / Pays me about $200k in commish just off that purchase every year. 

I wont turn down the money, but when they say they run lean and tight budgets, I laugh. This is just a tiny example or Govt spending. / If someone runs on tightening things up,he wil not get voted in by the people as they will fear loss of their handouts.

This type of overspending happens at level of government.  And the liberals still think there's a revenue problem, not a spending problem.

Can you name the last Republican President with a budget surplus? I know you are old, but you can't be that old. You might have to google it.

Conservatives don't balance the budget. They just overspend on different things. The conservative folk hero Ronald Reagan's right hand man coined the phrase "deficits don't matter". Funny how all of the sudden they are all that matter when the other side is doing it.

Of course , because it's currently an impossible feat . The beast has grown too large and too many are dependent upon suckling at it's teats. Conservatives wouldn't balance it either , agreed....but right now WC is going to tell us how the Santa Claus party, Demorats ( free stuff for everyone ), is going to balance the budget....waiting ....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#167 : October 23, 2013, 08:41:53 AM

Problem is that by "make this country great again" he means set it up so they can pull the exact same crap again. And it will come out of our pockets, again.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#168 : October 23, 2013, 09:25:34 AM

Good answer. Good move to dodge the Republican/Democrat issue. Can you name the last "Conservative" to balance a budget? Conservatives like to pretend that they have the answer to solve deficit woes, but they don't, and they have proven that they do not, for over 50 years.

The last truly Conservative President, fiscally anyways, was probably Calvin Coolidge. 

You have a problem using the words conservative/liberal synonymously with Republican/Democrat.  While there aren't many conservative Dem's, there are plenty of liberal/progressive Republicans.  That's one of the many reasons why this country's finances are as gawd-awful as they are.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#169 : October 23, 2013, 11:53:37 AM

two wrongs = right . . . . ..  a winning formula for us all!

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#170 : October 23, 2013, 07:22:54 PM

Is that the standard?  No, overspending and dealmaking in Washington DC is not solely with one party, I see where you acknowledged the liberal vs conservative label is the one being offered.  I do not think that was being used to be clever, but rather a matter of fact.  Cleaning up the spending would be beneficial to all who pay taxes. 

Now - to get that clean up started... and the spending taking place and proposed by the current administration is less than helpful

: October 23, 2013, 07:35:42 PM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#171 : October 30, 2013, 07:34:47 PM

Good answer. Good move to dodge the Republican/Democrat issue. Can you name the last "Conservative" to balance a budget? Conservatives like to pretend that they have the answer to solve deficit woes, but they don't, and they have proven that they do not, for over 50 years.

The last truly Conservative President, fiscally anyways, was probably Calvin Coolidge. 

And what a swimming success story that presidency was.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#172 : October 31, 2013, 02:19:24 PM

It was called the Roaring 20's because it sucked, I'm sure.  Spare me your rewriting of history.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#173 : October 31, 2013, 06:19:01 PM

Back to the topic at hand....

Obama is a flaming bag of poop. He makes Schiano look like a master genius.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#174 : October 31, 2013, 06:28:19 PM

+1

mwk

Practice Squad

#175 : November 01, 2013, 06:45:18 AM

Looks like Obamacare had 6 people signup on the first day. What a roaring success that was!

mwk

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#176 : November 01, 2013, 07:27:54 AM

Sounds like the Coolidge admin...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#177 : November 01, 2013, 02:42:12 PM

It will suck to be a successful 27 year old when having to buy health insurance.  Surely they will write it off as what goes around comes around in 35-40 years. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#178 : November 01, 2013, 04:13:37 PM

It was called the Roaring 20's because it sucked, I'm sure.  Spare me your rewriting of history.

No need to rewrite history. All one needs to do is read it as it's written. The "roaring twenties" was a time of gross income disparity and rampant speculation that lead to artificial stock market gains. (sound familiar?) The unsustainable prosperity of the era masked the serious economic issues that finally came to a head in 1929. The crash of 1929 was almost completely due to the laissez faire practices of the Coolige administration, who did absolutely nothing to address the negative economic indicators that telegraphed the oncoming depression. I mean, seriously. The Great Depression hit only a few months after Herbert Hoover was sworn in. Do you think it was his policies that lead to it?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#179 : November 02, 2013, 10:37:04 AM

What we are learning about the Affordable Care Act is that it has nothing to do with affordable.
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obamacare Shoes Begin To Drop . . . « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools