Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I hope Gruden has learned his lesson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gone

Hall of Famer
: October 22, 2006, 11:06:38 PM

Yeah, cuz we all know Bryant is MONEY from over 50...

escobar

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 22, 2006, 11:05:37 PM

Once again today when we were in field goal range, Gruden elected to punt the ball instead of attempting a 52 yard field goal. Two times against the Saints he did the same thing. We lost the Saints game because of it and today we basically had to trade in a 52 yard attempt for a 62 yard attempt. If he is going to stick with Bryant then he needs to trust him and use him. Going against the #1 ranked offense in the league, you are going to need all the points you can get. To get into fg range and pass it up with the hopes that your defense can hold them is assanine in my opinion. Hopefully Gruden learned his lesson today and lets Bryant attempt long fg's from now on.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 22, 2006, 11:09:34 PM

You can't blame Gruden for playing the percentages. Before today, Bryant had done nothing to give him any confidence and you don't want to giva a good offense a short field.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 22, 2006, 11:11:38 PM

That's not the point. If Gruden would have trusted him on the two attempts he passed up in the Saints game, Bryant may have made one of them and we might be sitting here at 3-3 right now. The Bush punt return wouldn't have made a difference whatsoever.  Today when Westbrook ran that pass in for a TD the first thing I thought of was our punt on their 35 earlier in the game.  Just think about it. We were at the 35 and didn't attempt a fg, only to HOPE to get back to the 35 on our last drive. How assanine is that? We were already there and we passed it up. I hope Gruden realizes that tomorrow when he goes over the tape.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 22, 2006, 11:13:03 PM

To get into fg range and pass it up with the hopes that your defense can hold them is assanine in my opinion. Hopefully Gruden learned his lesson today and lets Bryant attempt long fg's from now on.

I don't think it was assanine at the beginning of the year to expect this defense could hold a 17 point lead (especially one they created with INT-TDs), but clearly it's a moot point going forward.   [banghead]

bucs8ball

Starter

#5 : October 22, 2006, 11:28:03 PM

I think Gruden will have much more trust in Bryant from here on out!

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#6 : October 22, 2006, 11:41:18 PM

well bryant proved one thing, he is CLUTCH

i couldnt believe it, just made my season thus far

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 22, 2006, 11:44:09 PM

He has gone from having one of the weakest legs in the NFL to the 2nd longest FG in NFL history.  His kick offs were also about twenty yards deeper than usual, two were out of the endzone.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 23, 2006, 12:18:14 AM

He has gone from having one of the weakest legs in the NFL to the 2nd longest FG in NFL history.  His kick offs were also about twenty yards deeper than usual, two were out of the endzone.

It was that trip to Carolina he took on the day off this week...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 23, 2006, 12:21:25 AM

It was that trip to Carolina he took on the day off this week...

hmmmmm..........the thought crossed my mind.  :o

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 23, 2006, 12:22:24 AM

I think Gruden just has nightmares of all those missed gramatica field goals........

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 23, 2006, 12:50:51 AM

Lests face it, before this game, Bryant wasnt really all pro. And despite Ronde's 2 TDs, the Iggles were running all over the Bucs D. I'm guessing Gruden trusted Bidwell more than Bryant at that point in time. YOu can basically see from the cameras that Gruden didn't want to put Bryant out there when Grand coudn't convert that 3rd. But maybe now, Gruden won't be so worried about the field goals missing the uprights..

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#12 : October 23, 2006, 12:56:05 AM

Let's face it, we all held out hope before the snap.....but anyone who says they were confident Bryant would make that kick is a liar!!!!!!!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 23, 2006, 01:04:48 AM

Let's face it, we all held out hope before the snap.....but anyone who says they were confident Bryant would make that kick is a liar!!!!!!!!!

I thought he had no chance in hell of making it.  :o 

Bryant had shown nothing to suggest he could hit a FG over 50 yards.  I have watched him warming up and his leg strength was pathetic.  His kick offs usually land between the 10 and 20 yard lines, and all of a sudden he bangs two out of the endzone today.   ???

lets hope this is the start of a long career with the Buccs.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#14 : October 23, 2006, 01:07:54 AM

I thought he had no chance in hell of making it.  :o 

Bryant had shown nothing to suggest he could hit a FG over 50 yards.  I have watched him warming up and his leg strength was pathetic.  His kick offs usually land between the 10 and 20 yard lines, and all of a sudden he bangs two out of the endzone today.   ???

lets hope this is the start of a long career with the Buccs.

Long career????? No way. Take what you can get and move on. We need a new kicker A.S.A.P. You can't take away what he did today, but let us not forget he was O-fer this season greater than 40 yards.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I hope Gruden has learned his lesson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools