Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not much substance to Obama's Change « previous next »
Page: 1

jbear

Pro Bowler

: August 14, 2013, 10:25:52 PM

Mainstream media finally calling Nobel peace prize winning President a hypocrite. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dougbandow/2013/07/29/with-its-foreign-policy-the-obama-administration-is-turning-hypocrisy-into-an-art-form/2/

I know that progressives, democrats, liberals, whatever you identify your views with, will not see this yet but I think many others see the writing on the wall.  The 2008 election slogan was nothing but a teaser for the end of America as we knew it.  Republicans as we knew them are clearly, on the way out. The old guard like John McCain or Chris Christie looking more out of touch by the day.  Democrats, perhaps because they are currently in power are yet to recognize the earth shattering political pole shift that's going to happen over the next decade.  Main stream media, is slowly beginning to grasp small elements that hint at the shift in public thinking but this is going to be a wild ride.  Hillary won't be the face of the Democratic party in 16 if it is to exist beyond the decade.  American Imperialism is over and Egypt is one of the early flash points. 

: August 15, 2013, 04:08:04 PM jbear

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 15, 2013, 12:04:18 PM

The GOP is a divided mess...the libertarians, moderates, and religious right can't agree on anything anymore.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#2 : August 15, 2013, 03:13:23 PM

Yeah but the new republican party can agree with forward thinking Democrats. http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/rand-paul-dems-call-for-halt-aid-to-egypt-95577.html   I'm telling you, some people won't appreciate how big of a change we're in for until its passed them by.
: August 15, 2013, 03:24:42 PM jbear

jbear

Pro Bowler

#3 : August 15, 2013, 03:37:40 PM

The gist of what I'm trying to say is that I think Democrats are slow to realize just how much the shift in the Republican party is going to affect their own party.  You can't be a Barrack Obama, Hillary Clinton, GWB clone when the Republican party is suddenly on your extreme left on many issues. 

Some people are still in denial about what's happening to the Republican party but when you have a pragmatist like Newt Gingrich trying to reinvent himself as a libertarian leaning, pro civil rights Republican you know something's up.   http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/newt-gingrich-rand-paul-ted-cruz-95053.html

Gingrich:
I consistently have been on the side of having the courage that Rand Paul and Ted Cruz have, and I think its sad to watch the establishment grow hysterical, but frankly theyre hysterical because they have no answers,

He's talking about the "Establishment" Republican party.... Newt freakin Gingrich?  If you're a democrat you better get ready for a whole new game. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not much substance to Obama's Change « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools