Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Hillsborough county a Tampa citizens finance a Ray's stadium? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Runole

Hall of Famer
: August 15, 2013, 10:16:22 AM

Is it finally time for the public to say NO to such private Pork that does little if anything for the taxpayer?

Saw an excellent documentary on the Nets basketball arena in Brooklyn..     Suggest anyone that can watch the documentary and see how a few people can rob and steal from the public outrageously without even the courts doing anything.

Talk about a Pig in Poke!      Just like the silly Disney, Busch Gardens bullet train "loser"  the public must be forever diligent to stop such nonsense.  Thank God that piece of pork was stopped.   Likewise the monorail from New Tampa to downtown Tampa to the airport.     Another sign of hope for the diligent and aware public.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 15, 2013, 10:28:56 AM

"Thank God that piece of pork was stopped."

Why such hatred for pork? Are you Muslim or something?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 15, 2013, 10:56:09 AM

"Thank God that piece of pork was stopped."

Why such hatred for pork? Are you Muslim or something?

Pork in this context is not referring to that delicious and delectable meat in which Muslims are in deathly fear.  Rather it is referring to the wasteful use of Money( pork in this context) to fill the pockets of those individuals that are involved in such private enterprise. The money( pork) is of course coming out of taxpayers wallets.   Hopefully, this explanation will help in you understanding the comment better.

Glad to be of help in this educational exercise for you. Hopefully, this will aid you in learning the difference in how the word can be used.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 15, 2013, 11:18:17 AM

So you're saying that Muslim terrorists are for filling the pockets of those individuals that are involved in private enterprise?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 15, 2013, 06:32:02 PM

So you're saying that Muslim terrorists are for filling the pockets of those individuals that are involved in private enterprise?

Since obviously you are intellectually challenged by my explanation, I suggest you go to some Special education center and perhaps they can help with your learning and reading comprehension abilities.
I am really not qualified to teach the severely retarded and I apologize for being far too challenging for your very limited mental capacities.   Fight on little trooper! Don't give up!  You can do it if you try!

Of course there is another possibility?  That you are just a A-hole acting stupid.   If that is the case you are  an embarrassment to anyone with ethics and honesty and what is defined as a "Loser" .

I often taught pupils that reveled in their stupidity.  You seem to have that characteristic.  Unlike teachers today I never gave out gold stars to such pupils..

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 15, 2013, 06:42:51 PM

"I often taught pupils that reveled in their stupidity."

A teacher like that must be hard to find. They were lucky to have someone so knowledgeable in the field.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 15, 2013, 07:09:29 PM

"I often taught pupils that reveled in their stupidity."

A teacher like that must be hard to find. They were lucky to have someone so knowledgeable in the field.

Actually, I would suggest you go to any public school classroom today and talk to just about any teacher not ethically challenged like yourself.    Thankfully the majority of the teaching profession is not ethically challenged.

Again just because I had an occasional pupil like yourself that reveled in their stupidity, they were actually in a  minority when I taught.    One teacher I am close friends with referred to them as "Dead Babies". You probably were in one of his classes.  :D

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 15, 2013, 07:48:26 PM

Get help.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 15, 2013, 07:55:07 PM

Well, if I'm a dead baby, I have one last request. I would like to be wrapped in bacon. If you don't support murderers and terrorists, it's the only way to go.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 16, 2013, 10:59:52 AM

Get help.

Who?

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 16, 2013, 11:01:01 AM

Since obviously you are intellectually challenged by my explanation, I suggest you go to some Special education center and perhaps they can help with your learning and reading comprehension abilities.
I am really not qualified to teach the severely retarded and I apologize for being far too challenging for your very limited mental capacities.   Fight on little trooper! Don't give up!  You can do it if you try!

Of course there is another possibility?  That you are just a A-hole acting stupid.   If that is the case you are  an embarrassment to anyone with ethics and honesty and what is defined as a "Loser" .

I often taught pupils that reveled in their stupidity.  You seem to have that characteristic.  Unlike teachers today I never gave out gold stars to such pupils..

Good stuff.......lmao.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 16, 2013, 12:41:15 PM

Good stuff.......lmao.

What would be nice would be for those being A-holes leave the thread and actually deal with the question put forth.    Personally, I am against any public funding for a stadium in Tampa for the Rays.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 16, 2013, 12:53:00 PM

Good stuff.......lmao.

What would be nice would be for those being A-holes leave the thread and actually deal with the question put forth.    Personally, I am against any public funding for a stadium in Tampa for the Rays.

I'm against it as well.......Bucs can't even sell out...we'll be paying for RJS for years to come........This area is not baseball friendly.....too many transients loyal to their old teams.....

Runole

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 16, 2013, 03:36:13 PM

Good stuff.......lmao.

I'm against it as well.......Bucs can't even sell out...we'll be paying for RJS for years to come........This area is not baseball friendly.....too many transients loyal to their old teams.....

If you can see it or read about it there was an excellent documentary about the basketball stadium for the NY Nets in Brooklyn.    That really captures the mindset of these carpet bagging pro teams and their owners.    Just like the Busch/Disney bullet train that travels at 39MPH Ave and costs 30-50 dollars a person to ride that was thankfully defeated, the taxpayers of Hillsborough and Tampa must be continually diligent because you can guarantee those running Hills and Tampa are lining up for their wallets to be fattened to push through taxes on the citizens to build  a stadium for the Rays.   Time to say NO!
Taxpayers do not need to be subsidizing major Pro teams unless they are actually sharing the profits.  ( THAT ISN'T EVER GOING TO HAPPEN!) ;) :D

I do believe it would be possible to build a stadium for the Rays in Tampa but it will take far more than what is currently on the table.  The first thing that needs to be done is to kick the Yankees out of Tampa and expand their stadium to accommodate the Rays. Move the Yankees to the Trop.  Why not?     It would give St Pete something to do with that boondoggle.    That really is the only viable solution because Tampa can not be run by TWO baseball teams competing with each other.   Like RJS the location is perfect for accessibility and traffic flow.    The other sites suggested all look like financial losers that are more interested in helping the parking lot mafias running those areas. jmo

Oh and I agree with your transient statement.  Anyone that has lived in Florida for the last 60 years knows the history of Spring time baseball in Florida and of course so many transplants that will never consider the Rays any better than their 2nd favorite team. Baseball is a funny sport that way and I don't think any sport has more loyal fans to where they came from.
: August 16, 2013, 03:39:24 PM Runole

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 17, 2013, 03:47:17 PM

I think this city deserves their money back for Raymond James so absolutely not for a new Rays stadium.  The Bucs should have a Gerald McCoy glasses night so everyone can see the video screen.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Hillsborough county a Tampa citizens finance a Ray's stadium? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools