Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Fan. No Troll. Start Glennon. Really. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#135 : August 17, 2013, 11:19:50 AM

Good thing Schiano makes the decisions and not the Red Board xD

Tho I am curious what Glennon will look like against 1's. The recent success of rookie QBs is intriguing.

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#136 : August 17, 2013, 11:20:30 AM

And people called me a troll.....

You are a troll.

Naw my brotha, just a Mike Glennon supporter. and a big time bucs fan!!
nah....you're a Troll

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#137 : August 17, 2013, 11:21:02 AM

Two images I can't get out of my head:

Freeman panicking at any sign of pressure
Glennon calmly maneuvering in the pocket looking down field.

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#138 : August 17, 2013, 11:22:21 AM

Tho I am curious what Glennon will look like against 1's. The recent success of rookie QBs is intriguing.

He is a superstar playing against the scrubs...

Only a Knucklehead would trade Freeman to start this guy...

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#139 : August 17, 2013, 11:25:10 AM

He is a superstar playing against the scrubs...

Only a Knucklehead would trade Freeman to start this guy...

Maybe we could trade Freeman and Glennon for Brady. Put enough drugs in the Patriot front office's drinks and anything can happen.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#140 : August 17, 2013, 11:40:01 AM

I'd trade Freeman for a 2nd round pick today

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#141 : August 17, 2013, 12:12:55 PM

Probably doesnt have that kind of value since he is in last year if contract and its late in the game for this year. 

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#142 : August 17, 2013, 12:27:10 PM

I think you could get a second pretty easily for Freeman. Anyone that would trade for him would do so intending to sign a new deal.

I was really impressed with Glennon last night and I was definitely not in favor of the pick. His arm is impressive, he looked confident in the pocket, even when it was collapsing on him. That said, Freeman played six snaps, was sacked on two of them (one was definitely his fault, though the alternative was throwing it away which also wouldn't excite the fans) and threw a perfect ball to Ogletree that he dropped.

It's frustrating, the lack of playing time or success of the first team, but it's still such a tiny sample size this offseason. For whatever reason, the coaching staff has decided that the first team didn't need work in the first two preseason games.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#143 : August 17, 2013, 12:38:33 PM

Glennon can throw deep jump balls just as good as Freeman. I say trade Freeman now while he still has any value, role with Glennon and Dan the Man. If Glennon is horrible, then we'll get Bridgewater. Suffering through another frustrating year of Freeman and going 7-9 or 8-8 doesn't do anything for us. Too much talent on this team to drag it out another year.

I doubt Dominik would do that but I'm with you.  I will say if Freeman has a few bad games Schiano won't hesitate to put Glennon in.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#144 : August 17, 2013, 12:43:32 PM

Two images I can't get out of my head:

Freeman panicking at any sign of pressure
Glennon calmly maneuvering in the pocket looking down field.

1000%

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#145 : August 17, 2013, 12:45:24 PM

I look at it this way; name just ONE thing Freeman does better than Glennon. I can't think of one, either... Freeman used to run downfield real well, a known Glennon weakness, but haven't seen that from Freeman in over a year.
   And Glennon in just  a few practices and a few quarters of NFL football is clearly as talented as Freeman, showing better command and leadership, is soaking up our playbook at a startling rate, AND each time out is gaining confidence right before our eyes.

Freeman has some serious ramping up to do, and soon, or I have to conclude a change will be forthcoming, and it could be before the end of this season...

Snook

Hall of Famer

#146 : August 17, 2013, 12:55:51 PM

Why are people so against Glennon starting?

Glennon is the more accurate passer.  No one can argue that.

Soooo...

We either watch Freeman play and make rookie mistakes

OR

We watch Glennon play and make rookie mistakes.

I choose Glennon.  Its been long enough for Freeman.  it doesn't take 5 years for guys to develop into good QBs.  You either are or you aren't.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#147 : August 17, 2013, 12:55:57 PM

I look at it this way; name just ONE thing Freeman does better than Glennon. I can't think of one, either... Freeman used to run downfield real well, a known Glennon weakness, but haven't seen that from Freeman in over a year.
   And Glennon in just  a few practices and a few quarters of NFL football is clearly as talented as Freeman, showing better command and leadership, is soaking up our playbook at a startling rate, AND each time out is gaining confidence right before our eyes.

Freeman has some serious ramping up to do, and soon, or I have to conclude a change will be forthcoming, and it could be before the end of this season...

Well, I suppose starting over for the millinoth time should spark some interest for those that are just born.....

Snook

Hall of Famer

#148 : August 17, 2013, 12:56:35 PM

Exactly.

If we're going to watch a statue in the pocket, I also choose Glennon.  Freeman sucks.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#149 : August 17, 2013, 12:58:00 PM

Well, I suppose starting over for the millinoth time should spark some interest for those that are just born.....

We start over with Freeman EVERY year.  He's in his 5th year and looked like a rookie last night.  Its a joke.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Fan. No Troll. Start Glennon. Really. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools