Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Fan. No Troll. Start Glennon. Really. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#195 : August 18, 2013, 08:44:48 AM

Btw I'd consider it a steal to get a 2nd for him.

A Smith went for a bit more than a 2013 2nd rounder.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#196 : August 18, 2013, 08:45:49 AM

I don't think it's a longshot. If we made the calls and let everyone know Freeman was available, I'd bet money that some desperate team would call back immediately.

Before Friday's game you were calling me an idiot for wanting Glennon to start. Now you are talking about trading Freeman. HA...HA...

He was busy talking Freeman 24/7, instead of QB.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#197 : August 18, 2013, 09:00:42 AM

Follow my posts back more than three weeks or shut up Qaz. You are obviously completely ignorant on my Freeman stance. I was using all my will power to not give up on Freeman and give him one last chance. I was trying to be fair, but he is obviously the same guy. Through the first two preseason games he has looked worse than many team's back ups....including our back up.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#198 : August 18, 2013, 09:04:26 AM

Follow my posts back more than three weeks or shut up Qaz. You are obviously completely ignorant on my Freeman stance. I was using all my will power to not give up on Freeman and give him one last chance. I was trying to be fair, but he is obviously the same guy. Through the first two preseason games he has looked worse than many team's back ups....including our back up.

JD, just curious, at this moment in time, do you still consider Glennon a wasted pick?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#199 : August 18, 2013, 09:09:04 AM

He may end up being better as good as Peyton one day. Vjack and Mike Williams will really help him.

LOL.

In all honesty I think he is another Joe Flacco ...very similiar games - whch is a good thing.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#200 : August 18, 2013, 09:19:34 AM

JD, just curious, at this moment in time, do you still consider Glennon a wasted pick?

I still think waiting until the 4th round to take a QB would have been better, but I will admit Glennon has looked better than I expected. I'm still not sold on him, but I am sold on the fact that Freeman is not the future and I am tired of wasting time with him.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#201 : August 18, 2013, 09:22:58 AM

A lot of people wanted us to trade a 3rd round pick for Mallett this offseason , and I honestly think Glennon looked like the better player in that game.

Not a wasted pick at all.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#202 : August 18, 2013, 09:25:24 AM

Nice, we can now talk about 'WHO ELS?E', instead of Freeman? I already was willing to give up on Freeman mid of last season...what took you so long?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#203 : August 18, 2013, 09:32:16 AM

A lot of people wanted us to trade a 3rd round pick for Mallett this offseason , and I honestly think Glennon looked like the better player in that game.

+1, all the guys hating the Glennon still did not come up with a explaination how we get the QB we wanted (Glennon) in the 4th round.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#204 : August 18, 2013, 09:43:38 AM

Nice, we can now talk about 'WHO ELS?E', instead of Freeman? I already was willing to give up on Freeman mid of last season...what took you so long?

Like I said nub, if you don't know my stance for more than 3 weeks ago...you should shut up. I was over Freeman after the Redskins game last season. rAlso, I can't understand the first part of your post because I don't speak your language.

danimal09

Starter

#205 : August 18, 2013, 09:57:30 AM

My take on the QB position has change slightly as well after the pats game. Though not as dramatically as most here. Its easy for us to say start Glennon because we are fans and therefore always right, we don't have consequences for our actions. Coach Schiano and staff are doing the prudent thing which is respectable as well as frustrating at times. They have to be throughout With Freeman because he has shown the potential to be elite and letting him go and him coming to age on another team would make fools of them, and we would crucify Dominik and Schiano for not knowing their own players talent. If you really put yourself in their position it is not that easy of a change to make when your livelihood depends on it.

That being said I did like what Glennon did in the game. He has some learning to do for sure, such as decision making and getting comfortable with the game speed. It was only one good performance and not overwhelmingly so either, but i will say that I was impressed with his accuracy and it seems that in that regard he may be better than free, as that seems to be Freeman's most inconsistent attribute.

In conclusion I want to see if Free can do it consistently this year, but if all fails I am glad we have Glennon who looks to have potential as well.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#206 : August 18, 2013, 10:05:09 AM

Like I said nub, if you don't know my stance for more than 3 weeks ago...you should shut up. I was over Freeman after the Redskins game last season. rAlso, I can't understand the first part of your post because I don't speak your language.

You wanted to give Freeman a chance three weeks ago? This was you stance? Suprising to me.

Then, why all this 'hate' towards the guys supporting Freeman, calling them Freepologist, homers, nubs, unable to accept the truth, claiming him as an unquestionable great franchise QB etc?

But after you not being obsessed by Freeman anymore, are we now able to talk about which other QBs are available to us, who to start?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#207 : August 18, 2013, 10:11:21 AM

As someone who would have been fine with trading the 3rd rounder for the meth-head......+1

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#208 : August 18, 2013, 11:18:20 AM

+1, all the guys hating the Glennon still did not come up with a explaination how we get the QB we wanted (Glennon) in the 4th round.

Well you see. They write his name on a card and take it up to the staff members.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#209 : August 18, 2013, 11:18:58 AM

I'm really excited for the Miami game. Freeman will be the same guy he's always been, Glennon will play the 4Q well, and I'll get to come on here and hear more excuses for Freeman like:

Even though every other good QB is playing well in the preseason, its only preseason for Josh so it doesn't matter
Glennon was only playing against back ups! Freeman had to play against the big tough starters
Give Josh 5 games. Then, once 1/3 of the season is over, we'll see about improving the team

Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Fan. No Troll. Start Glennon. Really. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools