Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Fan. No Troll. Start Glennon. Really. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#270 : August 19, 2013, 04:57:04 PM

Its time to ride that wave , guys.

WOW you are on the Free-wave too?  COOL! Welcome aboard.  Just ride with Nassib and Class Act, just follow their lead and you will be smart too.  Cannon is in as well bro

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#271 : August 19, 2013, 06:06:28 PM

Schiano said himself awhile back that Freeman was too slow in his decision making. That isn't something you can coach up. He just doesn't have it. Time to quit making excuses and move on.

It was Schiano that said he needed to get quicker and we all agree there...

100% wrong on your assessment though - One of the FEW things you CAN 'coach up' is speed of decision making.     Comes with familiarity, comfort, knowledge and repetition in an offense.

I disagree Melon. I mean, as a QB gets more accustom to his scheme/play book/verbiage....it's common sense to think he will play faster. I agree with that.

However, being a great QB is mostly cerebral. If a guy has that ability to scan the field, process the information, and make the right decision in less than 3 seconds....it is usually pretty easy to see. Guys like Brady and Manning have this ability is spades. It's why they are great. It is not something that can be taught or learned. It is an innate ability that very few people have.

Arm power, accuracy, leadership, work ethic, mobility....these things are all important, but with out the ability to quickly scan the field and make the right decision....all that stuff is useless

This is how I feel. This is how I have always felt about QBs. So now that I am absolutely convinced that Freeman lacks this ability, I am done. Over it. Time to move on.

Draft Aaron Donald

Ryan Nassib

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#272 : August 20, 2013, 01:08:26 PM

Its time to ride that wave , guys.

Really good post man. You have been on a roll lately.

The Cannon Rides the Wave, Do You?? 2013: The Dream Season

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#273 : August 24, 2013, 08:19:39 PM

Ready to bump this thread

Ryan Nassib

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#274 : August 24, 2013, 08:22:38 PM

GLENNON CANNON

The Cannon Rides the Wave, Do You?? 2013: The Dream Season

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#275 : August 24, 2013, 09:07:13 PM

I'm not down with starting Glennon, but Freeman looks like **CENSORED** tonight.

gone

Hall of Famer
#276 : August 24, 2013, 09:15:15 PM

What I want to know is where this "Wonder Josh" we heard about all through camp went?  THe guy who undersrtands the playbook so much better, makes quicker and better decisions, is super accurate?  It's almost like we shouldn't trust JBF or something.

gone

Hall of Famer
#277 : August 24, 2013, 09:16:45 PM

I'm not down with starting Glennon, but Freeman looks like **CENSORED** tonight.

Yeah, I do NOT want him thrown into the fire too quickly.  Even if he sucks play Josh for a while to give him some time.  Just make sure you don't crap the season doing it.  And who knows, maybe Josh will pull his head out of his ass and make it a moot point.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#278 : August 24, 2013, 09:27:04 PM

Please.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#279 : September 29, 2013, 02:51:51 PM

We know what we have in Josh. Mike can still grow as a player. And might be better already.
Your insight

Page: 1 ... 17 18 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Fan. No Troll. Start Glennon. Really. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools