Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who'd You Ratha Have as Our QB in 2014? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#90 : August 18, 2013, 11:09:15 PM

Hate, you're going to dismiss Rivers career long probowl numbers because of the past two seasons where he had a terrible offense?

Yes. And if you actually watched him play, you'd see me was a major contributor to that terrible offense.

Comparing Mark Sanchez to him is just stupid.

I didn't turn the ball over 47 times in the last 32 games, he did.
No, but what you did do is conveniently leave out TD-Int ratio, completion percentage, passing yards, sacks taken, or  QB rating, but instead are comparing only turnovers where Rivers had a career high 15 fumbles on his historically weak offense and offensive line. I highly doubt he'd have 15 fumbles here, and that is clearly one of your biggest concerns of his since total turn overs in year 2011 and 2012 is the only thing your mentioning about him.

I mention that because what i see from him is a rapid decline in his ability to play QB. Can't just a guy today on what he did 3 years ago. Along with an apparent loss of zip on his ball, he seems to have lost his mojo as well. If he's as good at you suggest, he'd remain a Charger......but his current skillset will see to it that that doesn't happen. Mark those words!!

I'll take the visual over stats for sure, stats never tell the real story, and I havent watched Rivers enough these last couple of years, so I will definitely have to check this out. I'm finding it real hard to believe that he wouldnt be good for us, and Im assuming his decline has a lot to do with his team, but like like I said, I won't write off what you're saying yet.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#91 : August 18, 2013, 11:12:56 PM

I'll take the visual over stats for sure, stats never tell the real story, and I havent watched Rivers enough these last couple of years, so I will definitely have to check this out. I'm finding it real hard to believe that he wouldnt be good for us, and Im assuming his decline has a lot to do with his team, but like like I said, I won't write off what you're saying yet.

Well if you haven't watched him play, your argument is baseless. You're forming your beliefs off of Rivers, the name. I'm forming mine on what i've seen. Dude has become awful....and played like crap while VJax was still there. Next year, he'll be stinking it up in different colors....Thank God it won't be Red & Pewter.

-------------------------------------------------------

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#92 : August 18, 2013, 11:19:06 PM

Well if you haven't watched him play, your argument is baseless. You're forming your beliefs off of Rivers, the name. I'm forming mine on what i've seen. Dude has become awful....and played like crap while VJax was still there. Next year, he'll be stinking it up in different colors....Thank God it won't be Red & Pewter.
Since I mostly argued straight stats, my argument would not be baseless at all. its based on stats. I just conceded to you by saying I let stats take a backseat you're personal judgment form a visual standpoint, but I could easily still argue this because you have not addressed the stats I mentioned or the lack off support he had.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#93 : August 18, 2013, 11:25:50 PM

I'm not gonna argue stats from 3 years ago

-------------------------------------------------------

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#94 : August 18, 2013, 11:30:37 PM

I'm not gonna argue stats from 3 years ago
You don't have to, let me quote myself..

"No, but what you did do is conveniently leave out TD-Int ratio, completion percentage, passing yards, sacks taken, or  QB rating, but instead are comparing only turnovers where Rivers had a career high 15 fumbles on his historically weak offense and offensive line."

Thats not 3 years ago

Ryan Nassib

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#95 : August 19, 2013, 01:00:39 AM

There are really not that many qbs that AREN't better than Freeman. That dude has no clue how to ride a wave.

The Cannon Rides the Wave, Do You?? 2013: The Dream Season

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#96 : August 19, 2013, 05:33:55 AM

Maybe its Rivers teams holding down his stats, but then how much did the loaded teams of the past made River look good in 1st place?
 Freeman gets critizied for just being made by his awesome weapon saswell, still Vjax had his best season here. Actually Freeman just had for one single year with a talented offense, while his favourite weapons at WR, RB, TE were cut and do not play anywhere else either.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who'd You Ratha Have as Our QB in 2014? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools