Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could the Bucs be thinking about moving on from Bowers.......already?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 19, 2013, 07:34:05 PM

I think the real problem is that we keep drafting these big run stuffing LDEs instead of elite pass rushers.

That is what Schiano wants but Means is the exception.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 19, 2013, 07:41:00 PM

Some interesting numbers

For the first 2 preseason games:

Bowers is getting 1 QB hurry for about every 16 snaps played
Bennett is getting 1 QB hurry for about every 34 snaps played

You might want to re-check your numbers or else you are intentionally misrepresenting them.

Bennett:  34 snaps, 1 hit, 1 hurry  = 1 disruption per 17 snaps
Bowers:  65 snaps, 4 hurries = 1 disruption per 16.25 snaps

Even those numbers don't tell the whole story, though, because you are looking at total snaps, including run plays.
For just pass rushing snaps:

Bennett:  10 snaps, 1 hit, 1 hurry  = 1 disruption per 5 pass rush snaps
Bowers:  41 snaps, 4 hurries = 1 disruption per 10.25 pass rush snaps

Bennett is disrupting the QB twice as often as Bowers

The loser has always had problems comprehending the information he pays PFF for.  You would think after being pummeled for years he would catch on, but no dice.

Nice pwnage.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 19, 2013, 07:53:13 PM

Some interesting numbers

You might want to re-check your numbers or else you are intentionally misrepresenting them.

Even those numbers don't tell the whole story, though, because you are looking at total snaps, including run plays.

Lol brad, you see, I just did what Drama queen and his girl friend does all the time, posting accurate, but slightly incomplete facts. Based on hurries alone, my facts are spot on.  The best part , Mrs Biggs took it hook line and sinker.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 19, 2013, 08:00:08 PM

Lol brad, you see, I just did what Drama queen and his girl friend does all the time, posting accurate, but slightly incomplete facts. Based on hurries alone, my facts are spot on.  The best part , Mrs Biggs took it hook line and sinker.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

"My point was to show how Bennett has out-played Bowers in every facet.  I meant to make myself look like an idiot"

You can make this stuff up.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 19, 2013, 08:02:18 PM

Some interesting numbers

So the whole story is that one of them sucks and one of them sucks a little less ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 19, 2013, 08:03:27 PM

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

"My point was to show how Bennett has out-played Bowers in every facet.  I meant to make myself look like an idiot"

You can make this stuff up.

Lol, apparently you can since you just made up that quote.  You' re slipping a Biggsy, at least before you were better at disguising it when you fabricated quotes.  You must be really butt hurt to be losing it this bad. Take a deep breath little one, it won't sting for long.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#36 : August 19, 2013, 08:09:42 PM

/eats popcorn

The quest for .500 begins...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 20, 2013, 11:57:22 AM

Welcome Scott to the Bucs family!  Bowers has some more competition now.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 20, 2013, 12:05:00 PM

I think the real problem is that we keep drafting these big run stuffing LDEs instead of elite pass rushers.

To be fair Jdouble. We have addressed DE with high picks. The elite pass rushers are usually off the board by the time we pick with the exception of the Barron pick and during that point we looked good on paper at DE with Clay coming off 7.5 sacks, Bennett and Bowers starting to show some life. My how things changed huh?

In my mind, the only thing holding us from being a top 10-12 defense is our pass rush. I had faith in Bowers to setp up and do the job. It appears Schiano, Dom and myself were all wrong, at least at this very early, knee jerk reaction stage of week 2 pre-season.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

freddy

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 20, 2013, 12:37:45 PM

To be fair Jdouble. We have addressed DE with high picks. The elite pass rushers are usually off the board by the time we pick with the exception of the Barron pick and during that point we looked good on paper at DE with Clay coming off 7.5 sacks, Bennett and Bowers starting to show some life. My how things changed huh?

In my mind, the only thing holding us from being a top 10-12 defense is our pass rush. I had faith in Bowers to setp up and do the job. It appears Schiano, Dom and myself were all wrong, at least at this very early, knee jerk reaction stage of week 2 pre-season.

On the spot post!
+1

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 20, 2013, 12:47:39 PM

That is what Schiano wants but Means is the exception.

Careful...he inherited most of these guys.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 20, 2013, 01:02:26 PM

I'm not saying there was a pass rusher available at #5 or #7 overall that was worth taking, but you absolutely do not make decisions on top 10 picks based on one average season from a former first rounder who doesn't have the highest of ceilings and two developmental players who hadn't done much of anything to that point. You draft players in the top 10 because you think they have elite talent to be cornerstones for 10 years.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 20, 2013, 01:04:10 PM

Kyle Moore and Gholston would be the only two legit run stuffing DE's on Dominik's watch, unless I'm forgetting someone. Bowers and Clayborn both had peak seasons in college with a lot of sacks.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 20, 2013, 01:15:03 PM

Kyle Moore and Gholston would be the only two legit run stuffing DE's on Dominik's watch, unless I'm forgetting someone. Bowers and Clayborn both had peak seasons in college with a lot of sacks.

+1
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could the Bucs be thinking about moving on from Bowers.......already?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools