Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Welcome aboard, no trolls allowed! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Ryan Nassib

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#15 : August 19, 2013, 12:54:31 PM

Did someone say Mike Glennon will lead us to the superbowl?

The Glennon Cannon. 2013 : The Dream season

The Cannon Rides the Wave, Do You?? 2013: The Dream Season

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#16 : August 19, 2013, 01:03:19 PM

If any year has been "the year" in the past 10 years, its this year.  And I know i'm saying this with 20/20 hindsight, but cmon, look at the factors going into this year!!

- Schiano, a football coach's football coach, entering his 2nd year, scheme is installed
- Sullivan, the guy who helped turn eli manning set giants passing records and helped turn eli into a refined all pro passer, who runs a relatively complicated offensive system, is coming into his second year with the team; freeman and the receivers should be much more "on the same page"
- All signs point to Freeman having a great second season in this scheme

- Donald Penn is in shape and hungry and solid as ever, Carl Nicks should at least be at 80% health, which is more than servicable, Zutt is solid, Davin is healthy, Dotson has really come into his own.  And then we have Carimi as depth
- Doug has already proven he is an elite NFL player in just 1 season (running behind backups, mind you), and now it seems he has solid depth behind him with change of pace backs like Leonard (rutgers alum) and Hillis, and solid, grind it out runner Mike James

- No reason to foresee VJax not turning in another stellar season, despite just getting paid, MWill still seems hungry and humble, hopefully will crack 1000 yards this season.  Behind him, Ogletree and Underwood have shown flashes.
- Every time tom crabtree touches the ball its for 40 yards+, should see a few wildcard plays from him this year

- Our 3rd overall drafted DT is healthy and is transforming into complete beast mode now entering his 4th year
- Next to him, seems we hit on our 4th round draft pick as Spence seems to play the tilted nose perfectly
- AC is healthy and pushing people around
- DTN has a high motor, and bowers will play 3rd down

- Lavonte David is a complete beast at the ROLB
- Foster is solid, only lacks a little in pass coverage (good thing we have Goldson behind him)
- Watson or Casillas will fill in fine, Watson has shown flashes in the blitzing game and also in special teams blocking punts

- We have Darrelle Revis and you don't, boom, suck it
- Banks looks to be the real deal and is not afraid to tackle
- Goldson speaks for himself and is a leader from the back end
- Barron should have a much more comfortable role this year and should flourish

- Dimke seems to be quite consistent so far
- Koenen is solid as ever
- Between Eric Page and Michael Smith, we seem to have the answer at KR/PR

I mean... its just all there!!  What's not to be excited about!?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 19, 2013, 01:15:04 PM

'DTN has a high motor, and bowers will play 3rd down"

Having second and third stringers trying to fill a starter's role isn't exactly a positive in my view. You also seem to be overestimating our LB corp. Other than that, the rest is feasible if overly optimistic.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#18 : August 19, 2013, 01:16:33 PM

'DTN has a high motor, and bowers will play 3rd down"

Having second and third stringers trying to fill a starter's role isn't exactly a positive in my view. You also seem to be overestimating our LB corp. Other than that, the rest is feasible if overly optimistic.

f*ck it, that's the way I see things

and yeah, obviously DTN isn't "best case scenario", but every team has their holes, and this being one of them, I don't think its SO SO bad
: August 19, 2013, 01:19:09 PM beardmcdoug

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#19 : August 19, 2013, 01:25:11 PM

I must be really **CENSORED**ty at reading signs.................

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 19, 2013, 04:37:35 PM

If any year has been "the year" in the past 10 years, its this year.  And I know i'm saying this with 20/20 hindsight, but cmon, look at the factors going into this year!!

- Schiano, a football coach's football coach, entering his 2nd year, scheme is installed
- Sullivan, the guy who helped turn eli manning set giants passing records and helped turn eli into a refined all pro passer, who runs a relatively complicated offensive system, is coming into his second year with the team; freeman and the receivers should be much more "on the same page"

- Donald Penn is in shape and hungry and solid as ever, Carl Nicks should at least be at 80% health, which is more than servicable, Zutt is solid, Davin is healthy, Dotson has really come into his own.  And then we have Carimi as depth
- Doug has already proven he is an elite NFL player in just 1 season (running behind backups, mind you), and now it seems he has solid depth behind him with change of pace backs like Leonard (rutgers alum) and Hillis, and solid, grind it out runner Mike James

- No reason to foresee VJax not turning in another stellar season, despite just getting paid, MWill still seems hungry and humble, hopefully will crack 1000 yards this season.  Behind him, Ogletree and Underwood have shown flashes.
- Every time tom crabtree touches the ball its for 40 yards+, should see a few wildcard plays from him this year

- Our 3rd overall drafted DT is healthy and is transforming into complete beast mode now entering his 4th year
- Next to him, seems we hit on our 4th round draft pick as Spence seems to play the tilted nose perfectly
- AC is healthy and pushing people around
- DTN has a high motor, and bowers will play 3rd down

- Lavonte David is a complete beast at the ROLB
- Foster is solid, only lacks a little in pass coverage (good thing we have Goldson behind him)
- Watson or Casillas will fill in fine, Watson has shown flashes in the blitzing game and also in special teams blocking punts

- We have Darrelle Revis and you don't, boom, suck it
- Banks looks to be the real deal and is not afraid to tackle
- Goldson speaks for himself and is a leader from the back end
- Barron should have a much more comfortable role this year and should flourish

- Dimke seems to be quite consistent so far
- Koenen is solid as ever
- Between Eric Page and Michael Smith, we seem to have the answer at KR/PR

I mean... its just all there!!  What's not to be excited about!?
great post! Good to know not everyone has bought into the pessimism around here.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 19, 2013, 04:39:47 PM

I must be really **CENSORED**ty at reading signs.................
lol, must be

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#22 : August 19, 2013, 04:44:13 PM

I agree with the thread title. We should get rid of the Freeman trolls.

+1 agreed, the freeman trolls need to either ride the wave or just quit.

Right there with you Nassib.  Only a true Free-fanatic such as yourself would want those Freeman trolls bashing Freeman out. Right on bro! Ride the Free-Wave!!!!!

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 19, 2013, 04:50:02 PM

Seriously, if you want to avoid trolls (not possible here BTW), the worst possible way to do so is to put up a big neon sign saying no trolls allowed.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Welcome aboard, no trolls allowed! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools