Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baseball player killed because teenagers were "Bored" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#195 : August 26, 2013, 04:27:38 PM

Damn it.  I set this up to be a perfectly good race baiting thread and you guys have to ruin it with your stupid gun rights discussion.

Interesting isn't it? The immediate, knee-jerk response from the "anti-race-baiting" crowd was to make it about race, rather than to question how the hell high school and middle school aged kids got their hands on firearms so easily. Perhaps because Fox News seems to have missed this inconvenient truth about this case, and we all know that they set the tone for conservative America. Never mind the fact that only one of the shooters was black. One was mixed-race, and the other was white. Fox News says "three black kids", and without a moments contemplation, the "anti-race baiters" run with it. Hypocrisy is colorblind.

I agree with you on the gun portion, but on the rest let me get this straight, your response is to accuse FoxNews of adopting the same approach that almost every other major news outlet took in the Trayvon Martin case, albeit in reverse?

I'm not accusing them of anything. It's what they did. My beef isn't with Fox News. I couldn't care less about what they report because I don't watch it. My response was to call out all of the "unbiased, anti-race baiters" who are only upset about it when the other side does it. You can characterize it however you like.
actually I was calling out your race baiting hypocrisy

I rest my case CBW. This post illustrates my point

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#196 : August 26, 2013, 04:44:40 PM

I thought that was patently obvious.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#197 : August 26, 2013, 05:06:16 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/teenagers-allegedly-murder-college-baseball-player-boredom-article-1.1431445

Here's a link to who was charged for murder Von Mises.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#198 : August 26, 2013, 05:14:00 PM

Yeah, I'm wondering how CBW went about determining their ethnicity.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#199 : August 26, 2013, 05:15:41 PM

Just a simple error I suspect

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#200 : August 26, 2013, 05:51:42 PM

Yeah, I'm wondering how CBW went about determining their ethnicity.

"At this point, the evidence does not support the theory that Christopher Lane was targeted based upon his race or nationality," Hicks said in a statement.

"The evidence is insufficient to establish that race was the primary motive in the murder of Christopher Lane."

Edwards and 16-year-old Chancey Luna have been charged with first-degree murder and face the prospect of life sentences without parole while 17-year-old Michael Jones, the alleged driver of the drive-by vehicle, has been charged with being an accessory to murder and faces a potential 45-year sentence.

Hicks noted Luna's mother and Jones were both white.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/24/chris-lane-police-believe-race-not-factor

This link has pictures of both Jones and Luna's mother. (Luna was the shooter, FYI)

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/victoria/chilling-911-call-details-final-moments-of-melbourne-baseballer-chris-lane8217s-life/story-fnii5sms-1226700172461

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#201 : August 26, 2013, 05:52:34 PM

Damn it.  I set this up to be a perfectly good race baiting thread and you guys have to ruin it with your stupid gun rights discussion.

Interesting isn't it? The immediate, knee-jerk response from the "anti-race-baiting" crowd was to make it about race, rather than to question how the hell high school and middle school aged kids got their hands on firearms so easily. Perhaps because Fox News seems to have missed this inconvenient truth about this case, and we all know that they set the tone for conservative America. Never mind the fact that only one of the shooters was black. One was mixed-race, and the other was white. Fox News says "three black kids", and without a moments contemplation, the "anti-race baiters" run with it. Hypocrisy is colorblind.

I agree with you on the gun portion, but on the rest let me get this straight, your response is to accuse FoxNews of adopting the same approach that almost every other major news outlet took in the Trayvon Martin case, albeit in reverse?

I'm not accusing them of anything. It's what they did. My beef isn't with Fox News. I couldn't care less about what they report because I don't watch it. My response was to call out all of the "unbiased, anti-race baiters" who are only upset about it when the other side does it. You can characterize it however you like.

By being a race baiting hypocrite? Solid strategy.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#202 : August 26, 2013, 05:56:34 PM

Geezuz CBW . . .  how can you accuse him of that AFTER your de**CENSORED**able conduct in the TM thread where you did PRECISELY what you are accusing him of . . . . . . .  get the point yet?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#203 : August 26, 2013, 06:00:04 PM

Geezuz CBW . . .  how can you accuse him of that AFTER your de**CENSORED**able conduct in the TM thread where you did PRECISELY what you are accusing him of . . . . . . .  get the point yet?

Vince, how can you accuse me of this AFTER your de**CENSORED**able behavior in every thread you participate in? Get the point yet?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#204 : August 26, 2013, 06:00:47 PM

"Hicks noted Luna's mother and Jones were both white."

Maybe Hicks needs to provide a link. Call me a skeptic.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#205 : August 26, 2013, 06:02:03 PM

"Hicks noted Luna's mother and Jones were both white."

Maybe Hicks needs to provide a link. Call me a skeptic.

Hicks didn't, but I already did.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#206 : August 26, 2013, 06:05:38 PM

Vince, how can you accuse me of this AFTER your de**CENSORED**able behavior in every thread you participate in? Get the point yet?

I am not accusing you of anything, I was MOCKING you for being such a freaking political hack that you can'tt get out of your own way.  LMAO

Your thoughts are so driven by your political agenda that you are actually walking into a buzzsaw and smiling about it.  That is the point the other poster made so simply.  You are so angry at anyone with the opposite political view that you honestly dont care or take notice of  the fact that you are accusing him of . .  well . . . being you.

You really are a dumb azz . .  . or you dont care.  lol, you choose which one . . or both.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#207 : August 26, 2013, 06:37:18 PM

I am not accusing you of anything, I was MOCKING you for being such a freaking political hack that you can'tt get out of your own way.  LMAO

Your thoughts are so driven by your political agenda that you are actually walking into a buzzsaw and smiling about it.  That is the point the other poster made so simply.  You are so angry at anyone with the opposite political view that you honestly dont care or take notice of  the fact that you are accusing him of . .  well . . . being you.

You really are a dumb azz . .  . or you dont care.  lol, you choose which one . . or both.

Actually, you moron, I am accusing him of criticizing me for doing something by way of doing the exact same thing. It's kinda like harassing a guy for being gay because you saw him at a gay bar when you were there too. You seem to be incapable of grasping simple concepts, which is surprising given how simple-minded you are.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#208 : August 26, 2013, 06:49:07 PM

Actually, you moron, I am accusing him of criticizing me for doing something by way of doing the exact same thing. It's kinda like harassing a guy for being gay because you saw him at a gay bar when you were there too.

my God the irony is almost too much to take.

POINT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CBW's HEAD

spartan

Hall of Famer
#209 : August 26, 2013, 08:10:14 PM

2. Beg to differ. I agree there is a lot of money to be made on firearms, but not for the reason you give. Supply and demand. If there was not a market for them, there would not be as much money.  What's more, the ironic thing is the more gun control comes into the conversation, the greater the demand.

3. Being a signed up member of the NRA, this is not the "propaganda" I get. They fight and seek support for what they perceive as challenges to the 2nd Amendment, but not in the manner you seem to imply. At least not in the stuff they send me.

4. We will see. I am thinking the NSA is giving the NRA a whole lot of latitude right now.

#2  and #3-  NRA-driven fiction

(cue dumb azz Buggsy claiming I am "derailing" the thread by responding to your comments)

In YOUR opinion. Mine differs and I am not some feeble minded fool who is easily distracted.
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baseball player killed because teenagers were "Bored" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools