Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baseball player killed because teenagers were "Bored" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16

spartan

Hall of Famer
#210 : August 26, 2013, 08:16:35 PM

"At this point, the evidence does not support the theory that Christopher Lane was targeted based upon his race or nationality," Hicks said in a statement.

"The evidence is insufficient to establish that race was the primary motive in the murder of Christopher Lane."

Which was exactly the situation with Trayvon Martin, but it not stop some, sorry, many running with the racist meme did it? Which if you have not noticed is the actual criticism in this case, not the fact the kids are black. FWIW, if you had not noticed I am on record twice in this thread that one of the kids looks white to me so it would be hard IMO to run with this. I have pretty much kept my much shut in that regard.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#211 : August 26, 2013, 08:18:09 PM

Damn it.  I set this up to be a perfectly good race baiting thread and you guys have to ruin it with your stupid gun rights discussion.

Interesting isn't it? The immediate, knee-jerk response from the "anti-race-baiting" crowd was to make it about race, rather than to question how the hell high school and middle school aged kids got their hands on firearms so easily. Perhaps because Fox News seems to have missed this inconvenient truth about this case, and we all know that they set the tone for conservative America. Never mind the fact that only one of the shooters was black. One was mixed-race, and the other was white. Fox News says "three black kids", and without a moments contemplation, the "anti-race baiters" run with it. Hypocrisy is colorblind.

I agree with you on the gun portion, but on the rest let me get this straight, your response is to accuse FoxNews of adopting the same approach that almost every other major news outlet took in the Trayvon Martin case, albeit in reverse?

I'm not accusing them of anything. It's what they did. My beef isn't with Fox News. I couldn't care less about what they report because I don't watch it. My response was to call out all of the "unbiased, anti-race baiters" who are only upset about it when the other side does it. You can characterize it however you like.
actually I was calling out your race baiting hypocrisy

By being a race baiting hypocrite? Solid strategy.

Geezuz CBW . . .  how can you accuse him of that AFTER your de**CENSORED**able conduct in the TM thread where you did PRECISELY what you are accusing him of . . . . . . .  get the point yet?

Vince, how can you accuse me of this AFTER your de**CENSORED**able behavior in every thread you participate in? Get the point yet?

I am not accusing you of anything, I was MOCKING you for being such a freaking political hack that you can'tt get out of your own way.  LMAO

Your thoughts are so driven by your political agenda that you are actually walking into a buzzsaw and smiling about it.  That is the point the other poster made so simply.  You are so angry at anyone with the opposite political view that you honestly dont care or take notice of  the fact that you are accusing him of . .  well . . . being you.

You really are a dumb azz . .  . or you dont care.  lol, you choose which one . . or both.

Actually, you moron, I am accusing him of criticizing me for doing something by way of doing the exact same thing. It's kinda like harassing a guy for being gay because you saw him at a gay bar when you were there too.

my God the irony is almost too much to take.

Irony is you pretending to be a non-partisan arbiter of "truth" who is looking for meaningful debate sans politics when all you do is talk about politics. You were at the gay bar too.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#212 : August 26, 2013, 08:19:44 PM

"At this point, the evidence does not support the theory that Christopher Lane was targeted based upon his race or nationality," Hicks said in a statement.

"The evidence is insufficient to establish that race was the primary motive in the murder of Christopher Lane."

Which was exactly the situation with Trayvon Martin, but it not stop some, sorry, many running with the racist meme did it? Which if you have not noticed is the actual criticism in this case, not the fact the kids are black. FWIW, if you had not noticed I am on record twice in this thread that one of the kids looks white to me so it would be hard IMO to run with this. I have pretty much kept my much shut in that regard.

At least I got the race of the parties involved right, and FTR, I still think Zimmerman racially profiled Martin. So criticize me all you want for it. It matters to me not...

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#213 : August 26, 2013, 11:40:15 PM

I still think Zimmerman racially profiled Martin.

Is that wrong?   Look at crime statistics in the US and the profiling is understandable.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#214 : August 26, 2013, 11:51:20 PM

At least I got the race of the parties involved right, and FTR, I still think Zimmerman racially profiled Martin. So criticize me all you want for it. It matters to me not...

1. on the bold . .  truer words never typed, you are shameless
2. on Zimm . . .do you still think he called TM a "**CENSORED**," wasn't injured, etc. ?
3. see #1 for answer to #2

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

spartan

Hall of Famer
#215 : August 27, 2013, 08:43:57 AM

I still think 1 is white, but have heard he was bi-racial. My eyes say different though and I won't change my mind until I see evidence to the contrary. However, both of the other kids who actually did the shooting are definitely African American and to try and say otherwise is misleading IMO.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#216 : August 27, 2013, 09:32:36 AM

When did that start to matter to the racebaitors?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#217 : August 27, 2013, 12:17:04 PM

CBW, your stuff works with Buggsy . . . way to swing for the fences! You've got a real future here in The Cove

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#218 : August 27, 2013, 04:48:12 PM

I still think 1 is white, but have heard he was bi-racial. My eyes say different though and I won't change my mind until I see evidence to the contrary. However, both of the other kids who actually did the shooting are definitely African American and to try and say otherwise is misleading IMO.

The shooter's mother is actually white. There are pics of her in the link I posted. Chancey Luna I believe is his name.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#219 : August 27, 2013, 04:59:23 PM

So if your mother is white: If you're the shooter, you're white. If you're the President, you're black.

This is confusing. What if Obama shoots someone? Is he still black, or does that make him white?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#220 : August 27, 2013, 07:08:11 PM

So if your mother is white: If you're the shooter, you're white. If you're the President, you're black.

This is confusing. What if Obama shoots someone? Is he still black, or does that make him white?

Why don't you look at your manufactured equation again and tell me.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#221 : August 27, 2013, 07:51:07 PM

I'm asking the manufacturer.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#222 : August 27, 2013, 08:32:59 PM

I'm asking the manufacturer.

You should look at the quote above. The manufacturer's name is on it. I think the name's a reference to a 20th century, quasi-fascist economist, to help narrow it down.

FTR, I could give a flying fig what race you choose to call the shooter. His mother is white though, which would suggest to me that he wasn't just looking to off whitey, because if he was, all he would have had to do was wait until momma bear let her guard down.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#223 : August 27, 2013, 08:44:18 PM

There's no difference between killing a random stranger and killing your mother? Damn, man, you have got the hyperbole machine at full throttle. All I was doing was pointing out the difference in your view on two individuals of mixed race. One you consider black and the other you consider white. Seemed a bit curious so I was wondering what your justifications for it were. Guess I hit a sore spot.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#224 : August 27, 2013, 08:58:54 PM

There's no difference between killing a random stranger and killing your mother? Damn, man, you have got the hyperbole machine at full throttle. All I was doing was pointing out the difference in your view on two individuals of mixed race. One you consider black and the other you consider white. Seemed a bit curious so I was wondering what your justifications for it were. Guess I hit a sore spot.

Not at all. Of course what I said was hyperbole. It was said in jest to illustrate a point. But since you can't seem to tell the apples from the oranges, perhaps a more direct approach is required.

What race you want to call him is irrelevant. Call him black, white, purple, or Spider-Man for all I care. What's relevant is that his mother is white. That isn't conjecture, it's a fact. So trying to play up the racial aspect of a case where someone is shot by someone whose mother is the same race as the victim isn't an apples to apples comparison with the Trayvon Martin case, no matter how much the right-wing blogosphere would wish it to be.

Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baseball player killed because teenagers were "Bored" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools