Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baseball player killed because teenagers were "Bored" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16

spartan

Hall of Famer
#60 : August 22, 2013, 10:55:08 AM

Btw, that "illegal" gun used by those law breaking teens . . .  it started out legal, right?  Somebody bought it legally

Prove it.

e.g I doubt all those nice new automatic weapons and RPG's owned by the Mexican drug cartels were ever purchased legally.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#61 : August 22, 2013, 10:56:57 AM

because maybe they felt it would save them from an F-16 . .  .

Which is fine an dandy and works wonders when it's all parked up. When it's in the air you simply keep your head down.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#62 : August 22, 2013, 11:12:31 AM

Btw, that "illegal" gun used by those law breaking teens . . .  it started out legal, right? 

Yes, just like the machete used to decapitate that British soldier or the Ammonium Nitrate fertilizer that Tim McVeigh used or the nails in the Olympic Park bombing or the pressure cookers used in Boston.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#63 : August 22, 2013, 11:22:28 AM

"Which is fine an dandy and works wonders when it's all parked up. When it's in the air you simply keep your head down."

Or shoot the tanker that delivers the fuel. That's the problem with occupying a country, all of your supply lines run through enemy territory.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#64 : August 22, 2013, 11:33:04 AM

"Which is fine an dandy and works wonders when it's all parked up. When it's in the air you simply keep your head down."

Or shoot the tanker that delivers the fuel. That's the problem with occupying a country, all of your supply lines run through enemy territory.

Just smear pork fat on the tanker and the bad guys will leave it alone

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#65 : August 22, 2013, 11:39:12 AM

Btw, that "illegal" gun used by those law breaking teens . . .  it started out legal, right?  Somebody bought it legally

Prove it.

e.g I doubt all those nice new automatic weapons and RPG's owned by the Mexican drug cartels were ever purchased legally.

Cmon now  Spartan. .  . the OVERWHELMING amjority of the 300 million some odd gu7ns in thsi country ABSOLUTELY started out as legal sales . . . .  absolutely absurd . . .  we are talking about kids on the street npot drug cartels

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#66 : August 22, 2013, 11:51:24 AM

Btw, that "illegal" gun used by those law breaking teens . . .  it started out legal, right? 

Yes, just like the machete used to decapitate that British soldier or the Ammonium Nitrate fertilizer that Tim McVeigh used or the nails in the Olympic Park bombing or the pressure cookers used in Boston.

JG?  that is a response I would expect from somone of lesser intelligence.

It is true that those things all started out as legal items BUT all of those things serve regular and legitimate non-violent purposes AND were legal while possessed, but more imrtantly it is not a defense to a gun problem to say "well, we have a problem with fertilizer too," unless that lessen we all learned from our parents, "two wrongs dont make a right," was nonsense.

Having to resort to that argument is essentially an admission that there isnt much one can credibly say to confront the fact that we have way too many guns in this country (one for every man, woman, child, baby, incompetent and senior citizen) and we dont have them because of a Constitutional issue, we have them because of a profit motive. . . .  plain and simple.  You and other might have LEGITIMATE constituional concerns about the right to bear arms BUT you are all used as pawns by an entity who respresewnts manufacturers.

Motivated people will find ways to kills, whether by machete (happened while I was there, incidentally) or by making a bomb, but that doesnt mean we should make things easy for killers.  Right now there are not 300 million machetes in the UK or the US, even though they serve a non-violent purpose, and there are not 300 million bombs sitting around in the US . .  .. that is why the teens used a gun . .  guns are easy to get in this country . .  . very easy . . .too easy . .  and because of that there are too many . . .   THAT'S THE OBVIOUS, UNDENIABLE POINT.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#67 : August 22, 2013, 11:54:18 AM

Damn it.  I set this up to be a perfectly good race baiting thread and you guys have to ruin it with your stupid gun rights discussion.

Leave it up to the Cheesy One to derail a thread.

Poor Scarecrow . .  it must be tough being you

I have no doubt that Obama can't relate to this one.   At least not to the victim.

I have a friend living in Australia and he claims Australians are really pissed off about this event and a nationwide boycott on vacations to the USA is being pushed by their citizens.   Who could blame them when the US alllows thugs like that to run wild in the street with the guns they bought legally the day before.

You have a link to a story that says that 3 underage teens legally bought that gun "the day before"?

I agree that this sounds more like "rectal oration" than truth

I'm guessing that 15, 16 and 17 year old kids aren't legally going to be buying a gun anywhere.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#68 : August 22, 2013, 12:07:09 PM

The root of many social ills in this country, particularly as involve youth, is AWFUL, NEGLIGENT, GROSSLY IRRESPONSIBLE . . .  parenting:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/22/opinion/granderson-criminal-kids-responsibility/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The long-term solution to many problems is to improve parenting, but that is a very, very complex issue.  It should be the #1 priority in this country though, even though it is not something that can be changed over night or easily

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#69 : August 22, 2013, 12:20:17 PM

I love when this halfwit tries to talk down to people.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#70 : August 22, 2013, 12:27:04 PM

I love when this halfwit tries to talk down to people.

I was thinking of you when I wrote that part in bold. Uncharacteristic response for JG?, as I noted, but commonplace for you. Now, go ask someone to explain to you what "commonplace" means. lol.

Btw, like the way you just breezed by your prior error and moved right on to calling me a name. That's sort of your basic mode on the boards.  Storm in to a thread and post something stupid, then when someone points out your post was stupid  or wrong. .  . . ignore your error and call that poster a "halfwit"

Oh scarecrow . .  I must say you do make me laugh. . . .  hope you dont lose control and get susspended again any time soon.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#71 : August 22, 2013, 12:38:01 PM

Having to resort to that argument is essentially an admission that there isnt much one can credibly say to confront the fact that we have way too many guns in this country (one for every man, woman, child, baby, incompetent and senior citizen) and we dont have them because of a Constitutional issue, we have them because of a profit motive. . . .  plain and simple.  You and other might have LEGITIMATE constituional concerns about the right to bear arms BUT you are all used as pawns by an entity who respresewnts manufacturers.

If you really want to have a sensible conversation on the subject, starting it off with the assertion that you don't understand because you're an ignorant fool is not normally a successful strategy.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#72 : August 22, 2013, 12:39:59 PM

Poor Scarecrow . .  it must be tough being you

I have no doubt that Obama can't relate to this one.   At least not to the victim.

I have a friend living in Australia and he claims Australians are really pissed off about this event and a nationwide boycott on vacations to the USA is being pushed by their citizens.   Who could blame them when the US alllows thugs like that to run wild in the street with the guns they bought legally the day before.

You have a link to a story that says that 3 underage teens legally bought that gun "the day before"?

I agree that this sounds more like "rectal oration" than truth

I'm guessing that 15, 16 and 17 year old kids aren't legally going to be buying a gun anywhere.

It is, especially when someone doesn't read the thread properly and goes barking up totally the wrong tree.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#73 : August 22, 2013, 12:41:31 PM

Vin, you can't make the argument that guns are different from those other items because they have legitimate uses, until you successfully prove that guns don't have legitimate uses. You've never been able to make that argument, and likely never will. So instead, you just skip that step and pretend that it has already been established. But you're not fooling anyone.

Yes, I know, now comes the part where you try to shift the burden of establishing legitimacy onto gun owners. We've been through this many times, and you are nothing if not predictable.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#74 : August 22, 2013, 12:44:36 PM

It is, especially when someone doesn't read the thread properly and goes barking up totally the wrong tree.

But some of us enjoy the hilarity that ensues when that dumbass dog goes barking up the wrong tree.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baseball player killed because teenagers were "Bored" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools