Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baseball player killed because teenagers were "Bored" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#105 : August 22, 2013, 04:27:46 PM

You say getting rid of the guns is easier than solving the psychological and social problems of all these murders. I say it would be just as difficult, or even more difficult. No one will argue against a plan to reduce criminal behavior (provided it is cost effective) but a very sizable group will oppose a plan to take their guns. So politically, reducing the # of guns is more difficult just to get started. Then you have the practical and logistical problem of collecting and disposing of hundreds of millions of guns. And I would bet some of those gun's owners are going to be fully cooperative.

Let's say you do manage to reduce gun ownership by 90% which is equivalent to Columbia. Will our homicide rate drop to that of Columbia? Oh wait, Columbia's homicide rate is 9 times that of the US. How can a country with very low gun ownership levels (Columbia at 5.9 guns/100 citizens) have a gun related homicide rate of 27.1 (per 100,000 people) and the US with a ownership rate of 94+/100 only have a gun-homicide rate of 3.6/100,000? If guns are 16 times harder to find in Columbia, shouldn't their murder rate be lower than ours????

You are blaming an inanimate object (a gun) for bad human behavior. Gun crime is merely a symptom of a much more complex disease. We need to treat the disease, not just hide one of the symptoms.

Man, that ^^^^ is some serious BS . . . . comparing Columbia to the US . . . . JG? did you let Buggsy borrow your account?  I came back to see what your "well-reasoned" argument was an I found:

1. Tougher to change guns than human behavior .  . . because of politics .  . ::) . . . politics of a declining minority now less .  . ACCORDING TO YOU . .  lmao . . . holy two sides of your mouth Batman

Only that is not what I wrote. I wrote that it is easier to get the political ball rolling on behavioral change, because no one opposes that, than to change the gun laws.

Cmon now, you changed the equation to suit your argument.  I said that behavioral chnages take l,onger AND should not be to the exclusuon of  other solutions.  If we accept that there is political resistance to gun law changes (a truism) , does that actually mean that the chnange in gun restriction laws is more difficult and less time consuming than BEHAVIORAL change? Cmon now, that was my point with the added notion that gun owners/advocates want to take the position that there should be no effort to chage gun laws at all becauser the real problem is behavioral changes.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#106 : August 22, 2013, 04:33:19 PM

I will respond to the rest for sure, but here's a simple intellectual honesty test for many here.  Who "accepts that 300 million guns is too many?"   Just quote this and post your acceptance if you do.  My guess is that fear will keep most of the very ardent gun supporters from posting their acceptance of that fact JG?, but you can start, if you want? Do you accept as fact that "300 million guns is too many?"

Looking forward to the responses. Illuminator? Spartan? Buggsy (although someone may need to help him)?

(cue the evasive  "there arent 300 million guns" type responses . . to a very simple question.)

300 million is not too many because it ignores the realities of life.

A friend of mine is loaded (excuse the pun) and has about 20-30 guns. He goes hunting for a gazelle thing in Argentina, Elephant hunting in Africa, hog hunting in Georgia, duck hunting in NE, Elk hunting in Canda etc etc etc. All require different caliber and types of guns.

I have 12 and counting because the guns my kids can shoot, the guns my wife can shoot and the guns I can shoot are completely different. If you don't realize that then to be honest you have no business in this discussion.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#107 : August 22, 2013, 04:33:38 PM

Let's say you do manage to reduce gun ownership by 90% which is equivalent to Columbia. Will our homicide rate drop to that of Columbia? Oh wait, Columbia's homicide rate is 9 times that of the US. How can a country with very low gun ownership levels (Columbia at 5.9 guns/100 citizens) have a gun related homicide rate of 27.1 (per 100,000 people) and the US with a ownership rate of 94+/100 only have a gun-homicide rate of 3.6/100,000? If guns are 16 times harder to find in Columbia, shouldn't their murder rate be lower than ours????

I never wrote that either. I never implied that. I specifically wrote that there is CLEARLY a difference between the US and Columbia because their gun ownership rate is 10% of the US rate and yet their gun murder rate is 9 times ours. Clearly it is not about gun ownership rates or the number of guns, but some other difference between US and Columbia.

I said you compared the US to Columbia FOIR THE PURPOSES OF IMPLYING that there is no correlation between gun owneship rates and murder rate . . .  by comparing the US to Colombia . .  lmao . . . .  C',on JG? What a load of crap. First is the shift between gun owneship and MURDER rate as opposed to gun violence and you chose . . .  . . COLUMBIA . . . .  roflmao . . . that's a totally nonsensical and debunked and, frankly, Buggsy-like argument.  You should have compared the US to Rwanda

The lengths some will go . .  wonder why

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#108 : August 22, 2013, 04:36:07 PM

Of course there's no shame, no accountability, no honesty and no desire to reason. It's all posturing and emotion. He's been at this silly game for months and nothing's changed w/ him There's been no argument made today that hasn't already been made in the past. It doesn't matter.

He has issues. Serious issues. His problems aren't guns but the dysfunction taking place in his own head.

lmao at at freaking dumb azz TRUTHER saysing someon else has issues.  What a freeaking joke.  Hey Durango, tell us how the government bombed the WTC?

LMAO

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#109 : August 22, 2013, 04:39:19 PM

I will respond to the rest for sure, but here's a simple intellectual honesty test for many here.  Who "accepts that 300 million guns is too many?"   Just quote this and post your acceptance if you do.  My guess is that fear will keep most of the very ardent gun supporters from posting their acceptance of that fact JG?, but you can start, if you want? Do you accept as fact that "300 million guns is too many?"

Looking forward to the responses. Illuminator? Spartan? Buggsy (although someone may need to help him)?

(cue the evasive  "there arent 300 million guns" type responses . . to a very simple question.)

300 million is not too many because it ignores the realities of life.

A friend of mine is loaded (excuse the pun) and has about 20-30 guns. He goes hunting for a gazelle thing in Argentina, Elephant hunting in Africa, hog hunting in Georgia, duck hunting in NE, Elk hunting in Canda etc etc etc. All require different caliber and types of guns.

I have 12 and counting because the guns my kids can shoot, the guns my wife can shoot and the guns I can shoot are completely different. If you don't realize that then to be honest you have no business in this discussion.

do the math Spartan, use the NYT article posted by JG (even though Wayne says its not true!) and then start with 30,000 deaths a year by guns.

Only gun people say more guns dont equal more gun deaths.  Its like saying you'll find more trees in  a desert than a forest.  OF COURSE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE MORE GUN VIOLENCE THE MORE GUNS YOU HAVE . . . . the guy who just walked into a school in Atlanta picked up the AK-47 froma friend's house . .  . . availability . . . . simple concept . . . . I can buy an AK-47 online . . . .no questions asked  . .  lmao

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#110 : August 22, 2013, 04:43:59 PM

There's our boy! You knew it was coming. Just as predictable as the sunrise. He makes Bacon-Boy over on the other thread actually sound sane.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#111 : August 22, 2013, 04:47:15 PM

Here we go around again one more time.

Majority of gun deaths are suicide. Of non-suicides, majority of deaths are gang related. Idiot just rehashes the same **CENSORED** over and over. Completely disprove it, and he'll be back with it again, unchanged, in a few weeks. Primary difference between him and Runole is that Vin's stupidity is tenacious and persistent.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#112 : August 22, 2013, 04:58:48 PM

do the math Spartan, use the NYT article posted by JG (even though Wayne says its not true!) and then start with 30,000 deaths a year by guns.

Only gun people say more guns dont equal more gun deaths.  Its like saying you'll find more trees in  a desert than a forest.  OF COURSE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE MORE GUN VIOLENCE THE MORE GUNS YOU HAVE . . . . the guy who just walked into a school in Atlanta picked up the AK-47 froma friend's house . .  . . availability . . . . simple concept . . . . I can buy an AK-47 online . . . .no questions asked  . .  lmao

You asked why people would legitimately want lots of guns. In fact you pushed the question/insinuation a number of times thinking nobody would respond. Well, I did and you ignored it because it destroyed your premise.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#113 : August 22, 2013, 05:01:23 PM

Btw, that "illegal" gun used by those law breaking teens . . .  it started out legal, right? 

Yes, just like the machete used to decapitate that British soldier or the Ammonium Nitrate fertilizer that Tim McVeigh used or the nails in the Olympic Park bombing or the pressure cookers used in Boston.

JG?  that is a response I would expect from somone of lesser intelligence.

I love when this halfwit tries to talk down to people.

Good observation    That same half wit is more concerned about desecrating some dead Muslim terrorist over 100's of American lives destroyed by the subhuman Muslim that is actually afraid of pork fat!

Go figure! Heaven forbid Islam would be offended?? for one of their insane own being handled this way?

Very strange indeed.     

VIn Bucs people in the news...

http://www.jihadwatch.org/

Pork Fat rules!!

http://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/nutrition/2013/05/14/why_lards_healthier_than_you_think.html

http://journal.livingfood.us/2009/07/04/lard-is-a-healthier-substitute-for-imitation-crisco-or-margarine/

Butter isn't bad either..

http://journal.livingfood.us/2009/07/04/lard-is-a-healthier-substitute-for-imitation-crisco-or-margarine/

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/01/enjoy-saturated-fats-theyre-good-for-you.aspx

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#114 : August 22, 2013, 05:03:52 PM

It's a recurring theme. He asks a question, claims no one will answer it, then ignores anyone who does. Later, he'll ask the same question again and claim no one will answer it.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#115 : August 22, 2013, 05:04:14 PM

I said you compared the US to Columbia FOIR THE PURPOSES OF IMPLYING that there is no correlation between gun owneship rates and murder rate . . .  by comparing the US to Colombia . .  lmao . . . .  C',on JG? What a load of crap. First is the shift between gun owneship and MURDER rate as opposed to gun violence and you chose . . .  . . COLUMBIA . . . .  roflmao . . . that's a totally nonsensical and debunked and, frankly, Buggsy-like argument.  You should have compared the US to Rwanda

The lengths some will go . .  wonder why

lmao at at freaking dumb azz TRUTHER saysing someon else has issues.  What a freeaking joke.  Hey Durango, tell us how the government bombed the WTC?

LMAO

Seriously, can anybody tell the difference between these two loons?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#116 : August 22, 2013, 05:32:22 PM

"Only gun people say more guns dont equal more gun deaths.  Its like saying you'll find more trees in  a desert than a forest.  OF COURSE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE MORE GUN VIOLENCE THE MORE GUNS YOU HAVE . . "

Note that in your first sentence you say gun deaths, then, in the third sentence you switch to gun violence. Multiple studies agree that as gun ownership has increased, gun violence has gone down. Not that facts matter to you...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#117 : August 22, 2013, 06:15:06 PM

Back on topic (absolutely a racial hate crime)

Edwards, who has been charged with first-degree murder, posted racist tweets saying he hated white people in the months before the shooting.

Edwards posted statements on his Twitter feed including a comment on April 29 where he tweeted "90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM".

Edwards also weighed when George Zimmerman was acquitted over the death of Trayvon Martin.

"Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!:) lol sh*t ima keep sleepin sh*t! #ayeeee."

"Woods" is derogatory slang for white people. The feed also contains tweets glorifying violence, guns and gangs.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#118 : August 22, 2013, 06:26:17 PM

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/21/white-house-spokesman-not-familiar-with-chris-lane-murder/

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#119 : August 22, 2013, 07:03:11 PM

You asked why people would legitimately want lots of guns. In fact you pushed the question/insinuation a number of times thinking nobody would respond. Well, I did and you ignored it because it destroyed your premise.

Huh?

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baseball player killed because teenagers were "Bored" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools