Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: That monstrous hit by Bostic... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

vicious00cycle

Starter
#15 : August 21, 2013, 05:54:28 PM

No reason to bash Goodell over this stuff anymore. Can't blame the dude for covering his and the owners asses when thousands of former players are coming forward and suing the league because they didn't know that "football is a violent, and dangerous occupation".

\"He doesn\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\"

BucsSavant

Starter

#16 : August 21, 2013, 05:55:21 PM

No reason to bash Goodell over this stuff anymore. Can't blame the dude for covering his and the owners asses when thousands of former players are coming forward and suing the league because they didn't know that "football is a violent, and dangerous occupation".

Goddell has no business running the NFL. He is a suit, someone who used to get stuffed into lockers

vicious00cycle

Starter
#17 : August 21, 2013, 06:10:56 PM

Your opinion on the man is noted.

\"He doesn\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 21, 2013, 06:12:11 PM

Former players sue the league and you don't expect changes?  Really?  Also I'm pretty certain the fine money does not go to the NFL but is charitable... I'll have to find a link for that... Blame the players filing lawsuit after lawsuit before you blame the commissioner..

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 21, 2013, 06:20:50 PM

Former players sue the league and you don't expect changes?  Really?  Also I'm pretty certain the fine money does not go to the NFL but is charitable... I'll have to find a link for that... Blame the players filing lawsuit after lawsuit before you blame the commissioner..
    Exactly. Follow the $$$, folks, if you want to know where some of these rules are really springing from...
    The big problem with that rule along with so many others is the impossibility of the refs to get the calls even reasonably consistantly right, and I don't doubt they are being told if you even THINK you saw it, throw the flag...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 21, 2013, 06:27:00 PM

You think that is bad ? Look what he did to Teddy Bridgewater:

Florida Gators baby , that's just how we roll.  Ask RUnole about it , he mad .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 21, 2013, 07:34:12 PM

I mentioned that already.

As for the money going to charity...I have heard of that before in regards to some fines. Not sure a out all of them. Perhaps the fine money can go to engineers who design better, lightweight Kevlar type equipment that has better blunt force dispersion. It exists somewhere in someone's mind. Just have to pay those guys...

I still think the money should go to the victim of the vicious hit.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 21, 2013, 07:35:49 PM

That hit actually is illegal and I'm all for taking that crap out of the game. What he did to that receiver was not the same.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 21, 2013, 07:37:32 PM

That's not even tackling. That's just assault.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 21, 2013, 07:38:59 PM

That's not even tackling. That's just assault.
Exactly.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 21, 2013, 09:11:17 PM

Funny thing is he wasnt even flagged on that hit , lol

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#26 : August 21, 2013, 09:26:36 PM

sounds like helmet to helmet

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 21, 2013, 09:32:09 PM

Bostic doesn't play.

gone

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 21, 2013, 10:29:20 PM

That hit actually is illegal and I'm all for taking that crap out of the game. What he did to that receiver was not the same.

He pretty clearly led with the shoulder there.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 21, 2013, 10:49:54 PM

Yup. You two nailed it.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: That monstrous hit by Bostic... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools