Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: That monstrous hit by Bostic... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 21, 2013, 11:04:05 PM

Point is, we all know what Goodell is doing, but he is robbing these players of cash for a lot of hits we once deemed as "crushing".

It is going to be a bland game soon. No endzone dances, no big hits, can touch a QB, can't hit a receiver who is going for a snag but leaves himself exposed for doing so, no breathing on Tom Brady...the game is getting stripped of the visceral nature, and replaced with false pretense.

Have to withstand this wave of lawsuits. After that, the wave does down, and the hits will get insane again. Waiver signing ahoy!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 21, 2013, 11:13:02 PM

Point is, we all know what Goodell is doing, but he is robbing these players of cash for a lot of hits we once deemed as "crushing".

It is going to be a bland game soon. No endzone dances, no big hits, can touch a QB, can't hit a receiver who is going for a snag but leaves himself exposed for doing so, no breathing on Tom Brady...the game is getting stripped of the visceral nature, and replaced with false pretense.

Have to withstand this wave of lawsuits. After that, the wave does down, and the hits will get insane again. Waiver signing ahoy!

Yup, protecting the shield.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 21, 2013, 11:20:48 PM

Funny to watch future plaintiffs waive their claims and undermine the claims of current plaintiffs

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 21, 2013, 11:21:01 PM

sounds like helmet to helmet

A little bit of taunting at the end there.  I am sure that didn't help his cause with the league.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 21, 2013, 11:39:18 PM

Taunting is something the league is definitely trying to crack down on...which is why the refs have been warning teams about celebrating in a taunting fashion.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

tmac87

Starter
#35 : August 22, 2013, 12:49:54 AM

Goodell sucks.

Even if you get off my island, Goldson and Barron are right there. You want to go across the middle and get tattooed, it is what it is. - Revis Isle

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 22, 2013, 01:54:44 AM

Get rid of all the armor and let's have players tackle with form and drag down. That'll put a stop to the human missile crap

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#37 : August 22, 2013, 05:49:00 AM

Goodell is trying his damnedest to cover the future and current state of lawsuits V. The League.

In the process, he knows it is impossible to follow these rules when the players are at that moment, so he steals their game checks to enrich the NFL coffers and take away from the actual players. Fine the guys like 40k, but give it to the player who got hit. He is the one who deserves it. Not the league coffers.

There it is. 100% of why he is doing it.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#38 : August 22, 2013, 05:57:49 AM

I'd like to see more hits like that on short little passes to the WR's over the middle.   Personally, I hate seeing teams throwing those type of passes.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 22, 2013, 06:24:01 AM

Back in the day, that sort of "dirty" hit was a massive deterrent to a lot of smallish types looking to cross paths in the middle.

Today, it is a penalty, and a fine, and the coaches ire.

Lose your gig playing like that consistently. Better equipment is desperately needed. That is the only thing that will truly help. And post-trauma medical procedures.

Hard to stop concussions though. The suddenness of deceleration makes that brain bounce around in there like an egg yolk. But the players acknowledge, for the most part, the inherent danger of football. Time for the players to start signing concussion waivers before they suit up. They make tons of money, they need to manage it better...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 22, 2013, 07:39:49 AM

Sometimes helmet to helmet just happens in a game played this fast. I can understand throwing a flag ,  but upon review if there is no obvious premeditation and/or malicious intent to use the helmet as a projectile , there should be no fine.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 22, 2013, 07:53:53 AM

I'm not sticking up for Goodell or the new rules, because I think they both suck, but the deal is they want guys to keep their eyes up on their target all the way through a tackle. They even have a "Heads Up" program for schools now and are pushing to have all middle school and high school coaches become "Heads Up" certified. Watch one of their commercials to see the proper technique of tackling.

If you pause this video at the :35 mark you will see Bostic is looking at the ground, with the crown of his helmet aimed at the receivers head. He lead with the crown of his helmet and hit the receiver in the head/neck/shoulder area. This is not longer allowed in the NFL. It will be fined every time. The days of big hits are coming to an end and players need to focus on proper tackling fundamentals. No more hitting a guy so hard that he falls down. Gotta wrap up and drag him down or there is going to be a butt load of broken tackles and YAC.

If players don't understand this huge change in culture, and keep trying to hit hard, just lower....we will continue to see an alarming amount of lower body injuries like Dustin Keller's. These guys have to stop launching themselves, keep their eyes up, and use their arms/hands to wrap the ball carrier up and drag him down. It is what it is and it's not going back to the old ways.
: August 22, 2013, 07:58:41 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 22, 2013, 08:25:49 AM

You can blame the players for this. All these idiots suing now because they have injuries after playing football are ruining the game along with Goodell.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 22, 2013, 08:53:28 AM

Good point legend.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

midgetcoach

User is banned from postingMuted
Second String

#44 : August 22, 2013, 10:22:53 AM

Put a goshdarn skirt on them.  I can't believe what the game I love is turning into.  Guys I admire  like Jack Lambert, Lyle Alzado, **CENSORED** Butkis, John Lynch and Chuck Cecil would never be allowed to play today because the way the NFL has turned this into flag football.   

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: That monstrous hit by Bostic... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools