Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Wide Recievers have to read the defense in Sullivan's offense." « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 22, 2013, 12:27:51 PM

We drafted josh because Raheem played Xbox with him once at k state

jwash8503

Second String
#16 : August 22, 2013, 12:57:39 PM

I believe the difference between our offense and most others in the league is that our receivers have to make site reads MID-PLAY, and they have to see the same things that Freeman does and adjust accordingly.  As far as I know, the giants are the only other team that require that as part of their primary offense.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#17 : August 22, 2013, 01:37:06 PM

Looks to me like he was never worthy of a first round grade. Turns out he was awful at rushing, he only posted some positive rushing stats his last year.
Sacks count toward rushing statistics in college.

Ryan Nassib

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#18 : August 22, 2013, 01:41:13 PM

Today's lesson: Freeman excuse #86.

+1

The Cannon Rides the Wave, Do You?? 2013: The Dream Season

acacius

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 22, 2013, 01:42:50 PM

There are times where there are errant passes that are pretty clearly a result of miscommunication rather than Freeman's inconsistent accuracy.  But even when that happens, I don't think you can take it as a given that the communications error was the receiver's fault.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 22, 2013, 01:59:12 PM

Do not encourage that. Ummm - Please and thank you Chace.

I'll encourage what I please. ;)

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 22, 2013, 02:06:46 PM

Come on, guys. Everything is Freeman's fault....this is Tampa Bay....thats just how things work. Nice "excuses", though. To think that the situation could be a little more complicated than "its the QB's fault"...is laughable.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 22, 2013, 02:59:13 PM

Today's lesson: Freeman excuse #86.

sometimes it's just better to burn the books  ;)

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 22, 2013, 03:13:12 PM

Wut?

Do you mean 'what'?

midgetcoach

User is banned from postingMuted
Second String

#24 : August 22, 2013, 03:15:09 PM

Come on, guys. Everything is Freeman's fault....this is Tampa Bay....thats just how things work. Nice "excuses", though. To think that the situation could be a little more complicated than "its the QB's fault"...is laughable.

Exactly.  Your typical fan who knows nothing about football always looks to the QB position to assign blame.  Facts are facts this team had bigger issues last year than the QB.  Injuries at O-Line and holes in the secondary being two that were pretty apparent to this football eye. 

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 22, 2013, 03:17:40 PM

Looks to me like he was never worthy of a first round grade. Turns out he was awful at rushing, he only posted some positive rushing stats his last year.
Sacks count toward rushing statistics in college.

thats makes more sense, but apparently he really never rushed at all till his last year there. Where he racked up 14 rushing TDs, The 14 rushing TDs combined with the 20 passing TDs looks to me like the reason he must have gotten hype. He was a one year wonder as far as total TDs and ints go and we drafted him because of it despite all the other issues, and now he doesnt rush at all anyway... If you were to look at him in college there's no way you would say Josh Freeman fom Kansas is a first round prospect or even a good prosepct when you take away the rushing stats..
: August 22, 2013, 03:20:07 PM Pepsi

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 22, 2013, 03:20:28 PM

If the Freeman criticism on this message board is valid and beyond reproach then why do so many Free-bashers run to pro-Freeman threads to squelch and dismiss the conversation as "excuses."  Why would any Free-basher care?

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 22, 2013, 03:25:06 PM

If the Freeman criticism on this message board is valid and beyond reproach then why do so many Free-bashers run to pro-Freeman threads to squelch and dismiss the conversation as "excuses."  Why would any Free-basher care?

A better question is if everyone who posts here watches Freeman play, then how do pro-Freeman threads exist in the first place. Mind boggling...

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 22, 2013, 03:42:54 PM

A better question is if everyone who posts here watches Freeman play, then how do pro-Freeman threads exist in the first place. Mind boggling...

Pretty simple to answer. They also watch other QBs, so they know Freeman is good enough to be a starter in the NFL. There are worse guys out there that should not be allowed to start here instead of him. Without question there is reason to believe he could improve, even most of the Freeman haters are willing to give him another year... to prove himself.

Up to you now to tell me if the Freeman excuse train started first or the Freeman bashing, which would give us another explaination why some feel the need to defend him from unreasonable neagative judgement, as they seem to think he is better than the Freeman bashers try to make him look like.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 22, 2013, 03:44:50 PM

Anything less than 16-0 and Freeman is gone.

16-0 and the number 1 rated passing attack.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Wide Recievers have to read the defense in Sullivan's offense." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools