Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Pixel a Person « previous next »
Page: 1

gone

Hall of Famer
: August 23, 2013, 08:06:05 PM

New map based off census data locates based on race:

http://demographics.coopercenter.org/DotMap/index.html

you can scroll around to your location

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 11, 2013, 07:01:35 AM

Neat little map. Ty for posting.

Although, I'm not sure there is THAT many white people.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#2 : September 11, 2013, 01:01:02 PM

Phenomenal tool for those who are looking to relocate.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 12, 2013, 11:01:24 AM

Amazing how few people live in states such as Montana, the Dakota's etc. I can't remember if it was Montana or North Dakota, but I read that in one of those states each resident could have 100 acres. This has nothing to do with race but anytime I look at census info of any kind I'm reminded of how overpopulated Pinellas is.

edit: Actually I don't think I read that info, I think I heard it on the show Aerial America on the Smithsonian channel. Great show btw.
: September 12, 2013, 11:03:35 AM Escobar06

Bones

Starter
#4 : September 20, 2013, 11:20:27 PM

One thing/pixel that's not plotted. The hatchet people who chased the census takers down alleys.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 21, 2013, 06:23:36 AM

My city is pretty blue.  How come when I take my kids to the public pool it's all yellow and green?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 21, 2013, 03:28:36 PM

Phenomenal tool for those who are looking to relocate.
about a year ago the wife got a 6 figure job offer in Aberdeen MD (just north of Baltimore).  Good thing she turned it down looking at this.

Bones

Starter
#7 : September 22, 2013, 04:34:58 PM

6-figures you say?  And she turned it down all because of this dot matrix? Appears this post has paid serious dividend already.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 22, 2013, 08:43:30 PM

6-figures you say?  And she turned it down all because of this dot matrix? Appears this post has paid serious dividend already.
didn't even know about this dot matrix a year ago.  Did I know Baltimore is a craphole?  Yes.  My sister lived there for a few years while her husband was in graduate school.  Wasn't sure about the rest of Maryland or the suburbs.  Don't really know the area.  The main reason she turned it down was because she already makes almost that here in NH and there is no income tax like MD so it was basically a wash, the cost of living is higher down there, I would have to find a new job, and we probably would have to sell our house at a loss if we could even sell it at all. 

Bones

Starter
#9 : September 22, 2013, 09:57:10 PM

didn't even know about this dot matrix a year ago.  Did I know Baltimore is a craphole?  Yes.  My sister lived there for a few years while her husband was in graduate school.  Wasn't sure about the rest of Maryland or the suburbs.  Don't really know the area.  The main reason she turned it down was because she already makes almost that here in NH and there is no income tax like MD so it was basically a wash, the cost of living is higher down there, I would have to find a new job, and we probably would have to sell our house at a loss if we could even sell it at all.
In that case smart move.  My post about the dot matrix having paid dividend was really sarcasm since it maps the U.S. by race and not directly by state taxes,etc. But good for you guys for not letting money be the root of your decision on where to live.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Pixel a Person « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools