Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike James comparisons « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

pewterandred25

Practice Squad

#45 : November 05, 2013, 08:09:49 AM

I agree..let Martin get healthy, run james and Leonard and next year with a revamped o-line martin and james will be a great 1-2 punch.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#46 : November 05, 2013, 09:01:24 AM

My fear is he will be another Thomas Jones cut, and go on to thrive somewhere else.  That cut bothered me then and still bothers me.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 05, 2013, 09:16:55 AM

James was a "wasted pick" on these boards, a guy that could've been picked up as an UFA etc.; now lots of love.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

BucD

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 05, 2013, 09:24:11 AM

James was a "wasted pick" on these boards, a guy that could've been picked up as an UFA etc.; now lots of love.

That's because of that microwave society that we live in today.  People want it and they want it RIGHT NOW.

Granted that it's not everyone.

Some people tend to write others off before they're even given a respectable chance to prove themselves one way or the other.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#49 : November 05, 2013, 09:26:33 AM

That's because of that microwave society that we live in today.  People want it and they want it RIGHT NOW.

Granted that it's not everyone.

Some people tend to write others off before they're even given a respectable chance to prove themselves one way or the other.

+1

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

youngone

Hall of Famer
#50 : November 05, 2013, 09:26:45 AM

Lol I remember that.

Those people have gone in to hiding until he doesn't have a great game

watson

Hall of Famer
#51 : November 05, 2013, 09:27:17 AM

My fear is he will be another Thomas Jones cut, and go on to thrive somewhere else.  That cut bothered me then and still bothers me.
Jones was not cut.....he was a FA and signed a contract with Chicago about 2 hours after the FA period started.  But I agree losing him was bad for the team.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#52 : November 05, 2013, 10:25:13 AM

Jones was not cut.....he was a FA and signed a contract with Chicago about 2 hours after the FA period started.  But I agree losing him was bad for the team.

Jones was all in for the money.  The Bears put a princely sum on the table before anyone had a chance to counter.  As a credit to Jones, unlike so many other FA's who ink the big contract, he went out and earned his pay.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#53 : November 05, 2013, 10:39:18 AM

Back on topic, I've not seen enough of James yet to compare him to anybody.  Why do we need to always compare players anyway?
I did like the toughness and he did seem to finish off runs with that second effort that motivates your OL. 
Bottom line is both Leonard and James appear capable enough to put Martin on IR at this point.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#54 : November 05, 2013, 10:46:05 AM

Thomas Jones wasn't cut. He was a free agent.

Mike James is under contract through 2016. I wouldn't worry quite yet.

Psych

Starter

#55 : November 05, 2013, 11:58:33 AM

A change of tune, since most of this board wanted him to be cut in preseason for his poor pass blocking.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#56 : November 05, 2013, 12:07:47 PM

A change of tune, since most of this board wanted him to be cut in preseason for his poor pass blocking.

on this board, players are static  . .  they never learn or improve

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#57 : November 05, 2013, 12:10:17 PM

What's weird is that he had one great preseason game blocking, and three stinkers.

ccch

Rookie

#58 : November 05, 2013, 12:15:04 PM

Looks like James reads holes better and runs with better balance and power.   Martin looks a little faster and quicker.  Play them both and use their strengths.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#59 : November 05, 2013, 12:39:03 PM

RBs are a dime a dozen. Use them, burn them up  and then throw them away when they want the second contract.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike James comparisons « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools