Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike James comparisons « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BucFanHudson32

Second String

#15 : August 24, 2013, 11:13:34 PM

I didn't know about him Beatles when we drafted him; but, I checked him out on youtube and found him interesting enough for me.  I'm honestly been rooting for Mike Smith, but Mike James has gotten me more excited than ever!

I get this feeling the Bucs are going to cut a few fan favorites this year! I'm going to miss Mike Smith and Anthony Gaiter.  I've already lost Joe Holland.  The question is who beat him out?  Decicco?

He's gotten you excited??? TMI

BucFanHudson32

Second String

#16 : August 24, 2013, 11:13:52 PM

Bwahahahahahhahaha!

BucFanHudson32

Second String

#17 : August 24, 2013, 11:15:47 PM

Hillis gets me excited. I compare him to Mike Alstott.

If Hillis brings back memories of Alstott you have white boy envy...

Hillis couldn't sniff Mikes jock...

Bet you money even Mikey in his old shape and form of 2013 would drag Hillis backwards like a crying little girl.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 24, 2013, 11:21:34 PM

I posted in another thread, I think Hillis is on the bubble.  Leonard has looked very good.

As far as James goes, he might be headed for the PS. He is a real liability pass blocking, picking up the pass rush.  In game 1 he was in that position 5 times. And gave up 4 QB pressures and 1 QB sack.  I think he was a little better in game 2.  But against the Dolphins he looked as bad as he did in game 1.     IMO

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 24, 2013, 11:21:39 PM

The comparison to EG has more to do with his personality (i.e, selfless, team-first guy), although he appears to be well-rounded as EG was

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 24, 2013, 11:26:52 PM

Wait, James was bad tonight? I must have missed some plays, I cant recall him playing bad. I though he looked ok.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 24, 2013, 11:29:13 PM

Wait, James was bad tonight? I must have missed some plays, I cant recall him playing bad. I though he looked ok.
+1

I thought he played pretty good in pass pro.. It's not his fault the QB run right at the guy he was blocking. What was he suppose to do hold him?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 24, 2013, 11:40:29 PM

I believe he gave up a couple pressures.  I will have to go back and watch it again later.  He did in game one, thats fact.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 24, 2013, 11:44:45 PM

I believe he gave up a couple pressures.  I will have to go back and watch it again later.  He did in game one, thats fact.

Damn near got Glennon killed on a sack, just 100% pure whiffed on a blitzer that was pointed out pre-snap and he stared at the whole way.  Horrible whiff.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#24 : August 24, 2013, 11:45:28 PM

James had 7 rushes for 17 yards.   

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 25, 2013, 12:05:17 AM

Damn near got Glennon killed on a sack, just 100% pure whiffed on a blitzer that was pointed out pre-snap and he stared at the whole way.  Horrible whiff.

And I would just add, its becoming more of a trend for him, then the rare occasion.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

youngone

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 25, 2013, 12:07:30 AM

That was because of Freeman   ;)

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 25, 2013, 12:24:24 AM

He did in this game too.   James has been good running the ball but his pass blocking has been very subpar

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 25, 2013, 01:00:51 AM

After game 1 and tonight's game, I'll compare Mike James to a swinging gate.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 25, 2013, 01:01:39 AM

Practice squad

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike James comparisons « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools