Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da'Quan Bowers is a poor replacement for Michael Bennett « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17

BucsSavant

Starter

#105 : August 29, 2013, 03:23:50 PM

"He assumed they would be as good as before, or even better."

I have a bad reputation around here for calling people stupid. But damn, man, that is some stupid ish right there. It's smart to assume that players who never proved themselves to start with will come back better than ever? That is freaking idiotic.

Because they both would be healthy again, and growing as players.   I would think he hopes that for every player on the squad.  If you just went by a guy rookie season, and said ok, he sucks, lets cut him. A lot of NFL stars would of never made it.

So whose responsibility was it to work with Bowers in the off-season and MAKE SURE he came ready to be THE GUY??!!!

They've worked with him as much as the NFL will allow. It was up to HIM to not come into camp out of shape and stink the place up. Bowers has all the talent in the world and hasn't been terrible when he has played, but the Bucs but all their pass-rush eggs in his basket and so far that looks like a mistake

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#106 : August 29, 2013, 03:29:30 PM

What about Schiano inspires you to believe he is the guy to lead us to a SB?  He went 1-5 to end the season and probably 0-6 had ATL not already clinched.

Are you getting enough?

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#107 : August 29, 2013, 05:39:09 PM

I have a bad reputation around here for calling people stupid. But damn, man, that is some stupid ish right there. It's smart to assume that players who never proved themselves to start with will come back better than ever? That is freaking idiotic.

Because they both would be healthy again, and growing as players.   I would think he hopes that for every player on the squad.  If you just went by a guy rookie season, and said ok, he sucks, lets cut him. A lot of NFL stars would of never made it.

Its fine to HOPE, but you can't let hope overrule logic. They let a proven commodity walk for hope and potential, bad logic anyway you look at it.

Not really. The guy was a star in ccllege, a 5 star recruit, with a pretty good resume.  What is so odd about thinking he just might turn out to be a pretty solid NFL player?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucsSavant

Starter

#108 : August 29, 2013, 05:42:12 PM

Its fine to HOPE, but you can't let hope overrule logic. They let a proven commodity walk for hope and potential, bad logic anyway you look at it.

Not really. The guy was a star in ccllege, a 5 star recruit, with a pretty good resume.  What is so odd about thinking he just might turn out to be a pretty solid NFL player?

You're missing the point. Its fine to think that, or even expect it. It is RELYING on it that is a problem. Especially when we haven't seen it come to fruition in 2(granted, injury-plauged) years.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#109 : August 29, 2013, 05:42:31 PM

Might don't sign the paychecks, Is does.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#110 : August 29, 2013, 05:49:21 PM

So whose responsibility was it to work with Bowers in the off-season and MAKE SURE he came ready to be THE GUY??!!!

Seriously?    The guy is a 23 year old man, who made over a half million dollars in 2012.   I would hope he had enough common sense to realize his career is at a crossroads, and he needs to show something pretty quick.  I think most guys would of been working out every day of the offseason, excited about coming into this season healthy. But who knows, maybe he thought playing his guitar was more fun.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#111 : August 29, 2013, 05:53:44 PM

You're missing the point. Its fine to think that, or even expect it. It is RELYING on it that is a problem. Especially when we haven't seen it come to fruition in 2(granted, injury-plauged) years.

What should they have done different?  They had Bowers and Clayborn coming back healthy, and drafted a couple guys.

You mean they should of threw large bank at an 8 sack guy with a torn rotator cuff?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#112 : August 29, 2013, 05:54:47 PM

Might don't sign the paychecks, Is does.

Translation please?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#113 : August 29, 2013, 05:56:37 PM

What about Schiano inspires you to believe he is the guy to lead us to a SB?  He went 1-5 to end the season and probably 0-6 had ATL not already clinched.
If you are gonna put so much emphasis on the end of the year, it's worth noting how well we did in the beginning and middle.

As for schiano, I really appreciate his message and demeanor. No nonsense, knows what he wants and how he wants it done.  Can be the jerk or the father figure. He has also surrounded himself with quality veteran NFL guys, which is always wise.

It's real easy to look for the bad in everything, but its just as easy to look for the good.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsSavant

Starter

#114 : August 29, 2013, 06:06:15 PM

What should they have done different?  They had Bowers and Clayborn coming back healthy, and drafted a couple guys.

You mean they should of threw large bank at an 8 sack guy with a torn rotator cuff?

Didn't have to throw the bank. The contract he signed was 1yr 5 mil. He is worth more than that. Either way they could've done more than drafted two projects who aren't ready to contribute significantly. I like both guys but theyre not ready. They could've signed somebody else. I know nothing great was available, but anything is better than what we have now. So to answer your question, they could've done anything different. ANYTHING.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#115 : August 29, 2013, 06:12:40 PM

Didn't have to throw the bank. The contract he signed was 1yr 5 mil. He is worth more than that. Either way they could've done more than drafted two projects who aren't ready to contribute significantly. I like both guys but theyre not ready. They could've signed somebody else. I know nothing great was available, but anything is better than what we have now. So to answer your question, they could've done anything different. ANYTHING.

Bennett will make 3 mil this season. Is he worth that? Lets see how he looks this season, before putting him in the HOF.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

BucsSavant

Starter

#116 : August 29, 2013, 06:18:36 PM

Bennett will make 3 mil this season. Is he worth that? Lets see how he looks this season, before putting him in the HOF.

Even better then. IDK where you get this, I never claimed Bennett was a HOFer. Never said he was a pro-bowler. All i've said about the man is that he was a good, versatile player who is worlds better than our current DL depth. Thats it, and I don't really see how you can dispute that.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#117 : August 29, 2013, 06:24:33 PM

Even better then. IDK where you get this, I never claimed Bennett was a HOFer. Never said he was a pro-bowler. All i've said about the man is that he was a good, versatile player who is worlds better than our current DL depth. Thats it, and I don't really see how you can dispute that.

Bennett makes 3mil base for 2013, with bonus money it comes out to 4.8.   They are paying Spence, Scott, Landri, and the other new guys a fraction of that.

Bennett will make about 10 times more than those guys.  Is he 10 times the player Spence is?  Or Scott?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#118 : August 29, 2013, 06:25:26 PM

Seriously?    The guy is a 23 year old man, who made over a half million dollars in 2012.   I would hope he had enough common sense to realize his career is at a crossroads, and he needs to show something pretty quick.  I think most guys would of been working out every day of the offseason, excited about coming into this season healthy. But who knows, maybe he thought playing his guitar was more fun.

Are you saying that they aren't allowed to even check up on him?  I call BS.  If someone was keep tracking of him they would have known that he was being lazy and they need help there.  I'm sorry but even the best corners can't cover forever.  WRs will get open.  Not an if but a when.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#119 : August 29, 2013, 06:28:00 PM

Bennett makes 3mil base for 2013, with bonus money it comes out to 4.8.   They are paying Spence, Scott, Landri, and the other new guys a fraction of that.

Bennett will make about 10 times more than those guys.  Is he 10 times the player Spence is?  Or Scott?

That might be one the dumbest things ever posted on here?  You won't sign quality depth because he's not ten times better than XYZ?  Did you even read that before you hit Post? 
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da'Quan Bowers is a poor replacement for Michael Bennett « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools