Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da'Quan Bowers is a poor replacement for Michael Bennett « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17

BucsSavant

Starter

#120 : August 29, 2013, 06:29:03 PM

"He assumed they would be as good as before, or even better."

I have a bad reputation around here for calling people stupid. But damn, man, that is some stupid ish right there. It's smart to assume that players who never proved themselves to start with will come back better than ever? That is freaking idiotic.

Because they both would be healthy again, and growing as players.   I would think he hopes that for every player on the squad.  If you just went by a guy rookie season, and said ok, he sucks, lets cut him. A lot of NFL stars would of never made it.

Its fine to HOPE, but you can't let hope overrule logic. They let a proven commodity walk for hope and potential, bad logic anyway you look at it.

Not really. The guy was a star in ccllege, a 5 star recruit, with a pretty good resume.  What is so odd about thinking he just might turn out to be a pretty solid NFL player?

You're missing the point. Its fine to think that, or even expect it. It is RELYING on it that is a problem. Especially when we haven't seen it come to fruition in 2(granted, injury-plauged) years.

What should they have done different?  They had Bowers and Clayborn coming back healthy, and drafted a couple guys.

You mean they should of threw large bank at an 8 sack guy with a torn rotator cuff?

Didn't have to throw the bank. The contract he signed was 1yr 5 mil. He is worth more than that. Either way they could've done more than drafted two projects who aren't ready to contribute significantly. I like both guys but theyre not ready. They could've signed somebody else. I know nothing great was available, but anything is better than what we have now. So to answer your question, they could've done anything different. ANYTHING.

Bennett will make 3 mil this season. Is he worth that? Lets see how he looks this season, before putting him in the HOF.

Even better then. IDK where you get this, I never claimed Bennett was a HOFer. Never said he was a pro-bowler. All i've said about the man is that he was a good, versatile player who is worlds better than our current DL depth. Thats it, and I don't really see how you can dispute that.

Bennett makes 3mil base for 2013, with bonus money it comes out to 4.8.   They are paying Spence, Scott, Landri, and the other new guys a fraction of that.

Bennett will make about 10 times more than those guys.  Is he 10 times the player Spence is?  Or Scott?

He is certainly 10 times the pass-rusher, which is what we need. Spence and Landri are DT's, don't even play the same position. And while I like what i've seen out of Scott, lets see if he can keep it up in the regular season. If he could replace Bennett's 9 sacks I would be thrilled. Besides, your little salary comparision is flawed and misses the entire point i'm trying to make: Michael Bennett for 4.8 mil a year would be a positive for this team. No question.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#121 : August 29, 2013, 06:30:26 PM

Seriously?    The guy is a 23 year old man, who made over a half million dollars in 2012.   I would hope he had enough common sense to realize his career is at a crossroads, and he needs to show something pretty quick.  I think most guys would of been working out every day of the offseason, excited about coming into this season healthy. But who knows, maybe he thought playing his guitar was more fun.

Are you saying that they aren't allowed to even check up on him?  I call BS.  If someone was keep tracking of him they would have known that he was being lazy and they need help there.  I'm sorry but even the best corners can't cover forever.  WRs will get open.  Not an if but a when.

No,  I am saying why the hell would a coach feel the need to babysit a grown man?  It all on the guitar man.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#122 : August 29, 2013, 06:38:26 PM

He is certainly 10 times the pass-rusher, which is what we need. Spence and Landri are DT's, don't even play the same position. And while I like what i've seen out of Scott, lets see if he can keep it up in the regular season. If he could replace Bennett's 9 sacks I would be thrilled. Besides, your little salary comparision is flawed and misses the entire point i'm trying to make: Michael Bennett for 4.8 mil a year would be a positive for this team. No question.

Bennett is 10 times better than Scott?   Scott already has 33% of Bennetts production in one game.

I just don't get the love affair with Bennett.  IIRC, he has already been banged up a bit this preseason.  Lets see how his numbers look after the season. That is if he makes it through the season with that torn rotator cuff.  Will he earn that 4.8mil?   Doubt it.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#123 : August 29, 2013, 06:38:47 PM

Seriously?    The guy is a 23 year old man, who made over a half million dollars in 2012.   I would hope he had enough common sense to realize his career is at a crossroads, and he needs to show something pretty quick.  I think most guys would of been working out every day of the offseason, excited about coming into this season healthy. But who knows, maybe he thought playing his guitar was more fun.

Are you saying that they aren't allowed to even check up on him?  I call BS.  If someone was keep tracking of him they would have known that he was being lazy and they need help there.  I'm sorry but even the best corners can't cover forever.  WRs will get open.  Not an if but a when.

No,  I am saying why the hell would a coach feel the need to babysit a grown man?  It all on the guitar man.

This is the same pool of people that 78% go bankrupt after football.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#124 : August 29, 2013, 06:44:18 PM

This is the same pool of people that 78% go bankrupt after football.

A lot of them may need financial guidance,. and I wouldn't have a problem with that.

But a guy that can't get motivated to stay in shape when he is making millions?   I would guess Schiano was none too thrilled with that outcome.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#125 : August 29, 2013, 06:49:45 PM

My point is we were depending GREATLY/HUGELY on this guy.  Everyone knew this.  I put it on Bowers first then our front office for not having a decent back up plan after they have been burned multiple times already.  This FO just isn't that good.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#126 : August 29, 2013, 06:58:34 PM

Bennett is 10 times better than Scott?   Scott already has 33% of Bennetts production in one game.

Whoa there big fella. Time out man. You can't compare a pre season game to regular season production.

That's way off base. That's not anywhere near a valid analysis. To the contrary. Bennett had 9 real sacks last year which I think is more than Scott has had in a 6 year career.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#127 : August 29, 2013, 08:34:44 PM

Whoa there big fella. Time out man. You can't compare a pre season game to regular season production.

That's way off base. That's not anywhere near a valid analysis. To the contrary. Bennett had 9 real sacks last year which I think is more than Scott has had in a 6 year career.
google.

bennett has 15 career sacks in 4 seasons.  scott has 16.5 in 5 seasons. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsSavant

Starter

#128 : August 29, 2013, 09:47:28 PM

I just don't get the love affair with Bennett.  IIRC, he has already been banged up a bit this preseason.  Lets see how his numbers look after the season. That is if he makes it through the season with that torn rotator cuff.  Will he earn that 4.8mil?   Doubt it.

LMAO are you even serious right now? Look up the meaning of strawman.

All i've been trying to say the whole time is Michael Bennett is much better than what we have right now, and having him for 4.8 mil a year would be a positive. I think you know this, and you try to divert attention from the original subject with these frivolous little comparisons. You may enjoy arguing, but you don't seem to know football as well as you think you do.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#129 : August 29, 2013, 10:52:26 PM

I know they are DT's.  I am just talking in general about the D-line.  DT get sacks too you know.  Geno had 12.5 last season.

And its easy to throw money at average players, when its not coming out of your pocket.   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#130 : August 29, 2013, 10:55:20 PM

google.

bennett has 15 career sacks in 4 seasons.  scott has 16.5 in 5 seasons.

Lol....wow , Grimm just got pwned.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#131 : August 29, 2013, 10:59:22 PM

No sacks again.  Scheme?  Talent?  Or both?

BucsSavant

Starter

#132 : August 29, 2013, 10:59:57 PM

I know they are DT's.  I am just talking in general about the D-line.  DT get sacks too you know.  Geno had 12.5 last season.

And its easy to throw money at average players, when its not coming out of your pocket.

Now you're just getting pathetic. You replied to the same post twice, and ignored my last post. Convienent.

Don't see what Geno Atkins has to do with anything. He is the closest thing to Sapp since Sapp. Any DT having over 10 sacks in a season is very rare.

LMAO, there is a cap floor too, you know. But go ahead, keep worrying about Billionaire's money.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#133 : August 29, 2013, 11:11:45 PM

Now you're just getting pathetic. You replied to the same post twice, and ignored my last post. Convienent.

Don't see what Geno Atkins has to do with anything. He is the closest thing to Sapp since Sapp. Any DT having over 10 sacks in a season is very rare.

LMAO, there is a cap floor too, you know. But go ahead, keep worrying about Billionaire's money.

The Bucs will have zero problem making the cap floor.  Think Revis, Mike Williams new deal.. Goldson, Vincent.    All receive large jack.

[try spell check bro.]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

BucsSavant

Starter

#134 : August 29, 2013, 11:14:36 PM

Either way, why do you worry about the Glazer's money? Giving Bennett a contract would in no way endanger the team cap wise, so whats it matter?

{keep bringing up things like spelling, because your arguments are flawed, bro}

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da'Quan Bowers is a poor replacement for Michael Bennett « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools