Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da'Quan Bowers is a poor replacement for Michael Bennett « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 25, 2013, 02:00:58 PM

I thought Bowers played well last night.

Yea I saw him causing some disruption. But because he didn't have a sack, people will question. And maybe they are right, he was playing backups and 3 stringers.
Scott's first sack should've been credited to Bowers

Why?  Was that Bowers who split the double team to get to the QB or was that Scott?

Bowers had a nice bullrush on the play, just like Gibson did.  But trying to away the credit for the sack from Scott and give it Bowers is absurd.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 25, 2013, 02:05:08 PM

Yea I saw him causing some disruption. But because he didn't have a sack, people will question. And maybe they are right, he was playing backups and 3 stringers.

Why?  Was that Bowers who split the double team to get to the QB or was that Scott?

Bowers had a nice bullrush on the play, just like Gibson did.  But trying to away the credit for the sack from Scott and give it Bowers is absurd.
Bowers had him wrapped first. At worst, they were there at the same time.

I actually though DaQuan showed some good things last night. On two of the sacks, he was right there and knocked a pass down and it seemed like they ran away from him every play.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#17 : August 25, 2013, 02:10:51 PM

Bowers played well last night. He's gotten better every week.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 25, 2013, 02:39:32 PM

Bowers had him wrapped first.

No, he didn't.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 25, 2013, 03:27:51 PM

This.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 25, 2013, 04:57:58 PM

Freeney should be a Buccaneer. There is really no argument that will change my mind on that. I thought maybe we hads some better plan, but when an average 30 year old free agent DE like Scott comes in off the street and looks 10x better than any DE on our roster, it's pretty hard to buy in. We **CENSORED**ed up. Freeney would of had a huge impact for us this year. Instead he's off in California playing out of position again for the lame ass Chargers.

Dom isn't as bad as many make him out to be, but I think his failures on the D-line might lead to him being fired. Despite heavy investments through the draft, we've have had zero pass rush since he has been our GM and it sure doesn't look like anything will change this year.

I don't think its this year they are concerned with. Its the following seasons they are building for. So signing a one year guy than KVB or Freeney doesn't solve anything IMO.  They will be more concerned with bringing Spence and Gholston  and others along.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 25, 2013, 07:19:18 PM

I don't think its this year they are concerned with. Its the following seasons they are building for.

Dude are serious right now? We have spent a bazillion dollars on 30 year old FAs. We have more talent than most rosters. You have got to be kidding with the "building for the future" sh!t. If we aren't currently in win now mode, we never will be.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 25, 2013, 07:26:28 PM

I don't think its this year they are concerned with. Its the following seasons they are building for.

Dude are serious right now? We have spent a bazillion dollars on 30 year old FAs. We have more talent than most rosters. You have got to be kidding with the "building for the future" sh!t. If we aren't currently in win now mode, we never will be.

They ain't going to the Super Bowl this season. I would like to see them make the playoffs and make a little noise there.  Guys like Revis and Vincent and Goldson have one good contract left in them IMO.

Its a big year in a lot of ways. This season will decide who is the QB going forward. Once all the questions are answered, then they will be ready.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 25, 2013, 07:34:32 PM

That is a loser mentality imo and not acceptable. I sure hope our owners, GM, and HC do not agree with you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 25, 2013, 07:36:17 PM

Yeah, this isn't 2009 and 2010 where the team is looking towards 2013.  It's 2013.  The time to win is now.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 25, 2013, 07:43:41 PM

That is a loser mentality imo and not acceptable. I sure hope our owners, GM, and HC do not agree with you.

Well, if they were going for broke, they would of signed a few one year wonders. And already made a decision on Freeman.  Like extending him or bringing in someone else. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

freddy

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 25, 2013, 08:33:33 PM

As good as MB might be, I find it funny how all those supporting him gloss over how he has never finished a season without getting hurt.  Last year he managed, for the only time in his career, to play 16 games, but he did so with a torn rotator cuff.  Now again, (in addition to the torn rotator cuff he still is yet to have surgery for) he has injured his knee.  Dude seems to be injury prone as ever.  And remember, as soon as he gets a long term contract (if he does) he will go on IR for the shoulder.  Had Dom signed such a player in the off season, even with his sack totals, there are a lot of people who would be having a cow over such an injury history.
: August 25, 2013, 08:38:20 PM freddy

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 25, 2013, 08:35:21 PM

I honestly don't think it's Superbowl or bust (this year) but they're also not in the same patient position they were in when Dom first took the reins. I think they are pushing for playoffs this year THEN looking to make a bigger push in 2014/2015.......I think they hoped Freeman would be far ahead in his progress and his lack of progress probably has put the brakes on going blitzkrieg for spare parts (such as veteran pass rusher) as that person won't be there when the rest of the team is ready to go ALL IN.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 25, 2013, 08:43:39 PM

I honestly don't think it's Superbowl or bust (this year) but they're also not in the same patient position they were in when Dom first took the reins. I think they are pushing for playoffs this year THEN looking to make a bigger push in 2014/2015.......I think they hoped Freeman would be far ahead in his progress and his lack of progress probably has put the brakes on going blitzkrieg for spare parts (such as veteran pass rusher) as that person won't be there when the rest of the team is ready to go ALL IN.

Agree.  Buc fans need some of these T-shirts.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

freddy

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 25, 2013, 08:51:40 PM

Agree.  Buc fans need some of these T-shirts.

But if there was an abundance of patience, these forums would be empty. :)
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da'Quan Bowers is a poor replacement for Michael Bennett « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools