Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da'Quan Bowers is a poor replacement for Michael Bennett « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 25, 2013, 08:51:48 PM

I honestly don't think it's Superbowl or bust (this year) but they're also not in the same patient position they were in when Dom first took the reins. I think they are pushing for playoffs this year THEN looking to make a bigger push in 2014/2015.......I think they hoped Freeman would be far ahead in his progress and his lack of progress probably has put the brakes on going blitzkrieg for spare parts (such as veteran pass rusher) as that person won't be there when the rest of the team is ready to go ALL IN.

Agree.  Buc fans need some of these T-shirts.

Unfortunately this is even greater reason to dump on Free....so much is riding on his progress that if he doesn't get it together, the window of opportunity might quickly close for guys like V-Jax, Nicks (who I don't think is done...yet) and Davin Joseph which likely means re-tooling critical pieces in 2 or 3 years.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 25, 2013, 09:07:38 PM

I honestly don't think it's Superbowl or bust (this year) but they're also not in the same patient position they were in when Dom first took the reins. I think they are pushing for playoffs this year THEN looking to make a bigger push in 2014/2015.......I think they hoped Freeman would be far ahead in his progress and his lack of progress probably has put the brakes on going blitzkrieg for spare parts (such as veteran pass rusher) as that person won't be there when the rest of the team is ready to go ALL IN.

Unfortunately this is even greater reason to dump on Free....so much is riding on his progress that if he doesn't get it together, the window of opportunity might quickly close for guys like V-Jax, Nicks (who I don't think is done...yet) and Davin Joseph which likely means re-tooling critical pieces in 2 or 3 years.

yup

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 25, 2013, 09:20:16 PM

I think we can get a solid 4-5 seasons out of Revis, Nicks, Goldson, Vincent.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 25, 2013, 09:28:40 PM

Revis and Goldson I can easily see...Nicks and V-Jax might be pushing it....

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 25, 2013, 09:35:57 PM

Revis and Goldson I can easily see...Nicks and V-Jax might be pushing it....

Nicks is sketchy for sure.  But Vincent seems to keep himself in pretty good shape.  Randy Moss went until he was 35 IIRC.  And Ray Lewis was 37 when he retired IIRC.

And I think Champ Bailey is 38 and still going.  Players these days keep themselves in better shape than the old days.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#35 : August 25, 2013, 09:57:16 PM

George Blanda played until he was 48.   

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 26, 2013, 07:14:53 AM

Vincent works his ass off and has the size to be one of the leagues best possession receivers even after he loses some of his speed. 5 more good years out of him is not pushing it all all.

Nick's , on the other hand ....I'm praying for just 1 or 2.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#37 : August 26, 2013, 03:12:16 PM

I think we'd be better off having that QB than those shirts

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 26, 2013, 03:22:54 PM

I'd agree but that also means a new offensive system and coaching staff.

Hard to find another Shanahan like coach ...  system ...   and for that matter a  QB like that guy.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 26, 2013, 03:27:49 PM

I think we'd be better off having that QB than those shirts

He needs to stay healthy though, if he is going to get put on IR every season, it doesn't matter how good he is.  I think he returns this season, with a little bit different game plan, as in protecting himself, and not trying to run over people.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 26, 2013, 04:50:40 PM

I'd agree but that also means a new offensive system and coaching staff.

Hard to find another Shanahan like coach ...  system ...   and for that matter a  QB like that guy.

I would think Kyle could be had, for the right price.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

bill_kir

Starter

#41 : August 26, 2013, 05:02:11 PM

i still believe that the success of this season falls more on the defense then it does on Freeman. it has been proven that you can win the Super Bowl with an average/solid (at best) QB leading the way as long as your defense can hold up. give Freeman a lead (that can be held) and let him hand off to Martin/Leonard, mix in the play action and take a few deep shots and i can see Tampa Bay making a lot of noise in the playoffs. If games turn into shoot outs and they have to reply on Freeman's arm to keep them in the game it could be a long season.

BucsSavant

Starter

#42 : August 26, 2013, 06:00:56 PM

That is a loser mentality imo and not acceptable. I sure hope our owners, GM, and HC do not agree with you.

+1

Too much beta mentalities around here

BucsSavant

Starter

#43 : August 26, 2013, 06:04:50 PM

After Saturday I am hoping Scott can provide some situational pass rush. Wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Mark Anderson as I dont think Means or Gholston will produce much this season(althouigh Means has flashed briefly during the preseason). I have not given up on Bowers yet, he isn't currently a bad player and he still very well could become a very good one- but right now he isn't where he needs to be, especially since the team is counting on him to provide a lion's share of the pass rush.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 26, 2013, 07:03:12 PM

The kneel down play is why we couldn't sign Freeny or Abraham.

It's ridiculous to think that the kneel down play is helping this franchise in any way.

Also agree that for all the draft picks Dominik has spent on the front 7, we are in bad shape when a journeyman De can come off the streets and outperform all of your draft picks by a lot.

If Matt Millen had picked all DL instead of all WR he would have still been Matt Millen. Look at how long it takes to clean up an unbalanced roster.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da'Quan Bowers is a poor replacement for Michael Bennett « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools