Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da'Quan Bowers is a poor replacement for Michael Bennett « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#90 : August 28, 2013, 09:53:40 PM

Since you bring it up Schottenheimer had 2 losing seasons in like 22 years. Schiano is 1 for 1. Good luck with that!
it also took Marty 3 years to have a winning season.

Boom !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#91 : August 29, 2013, 07:57:35 AM

Since you bring it up Schottenheimer had 2 losing seasons in like 22 years. Schiano is 1 for 1. Good luck with that!

You are arguing with a wall Gametime. To Grimm, things like facts and reality are just our way of crying and whining. To him, Schiano is the devil. He is the worst HC that has ever existed and nothing will change Grimm's mind. To top it off, he would rather see us go 2-14 than be wrong about Schiano. Grimm is a lost cause and a waste of time.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#92 : August 29, 2013, 08:51:18 AM

"He assumed they would be as good as before, or even better."

I have a bad reputation around here for calling people stupid. But damn, man, that is some stupid ish right there. It's smart to assume that players who never proved themselves to start with will come back better than ever? That is freaking idiotic.

BucsSavant

Starter

#93 : August 29, 2013, 12:46:12 PM

I have a bad reputation around here for calling people stupid. But damn, man, that is some stupid ish right there. It's smart to assume that players who never proved themselves to start with will come back better than ever? That is freaking idiotic.

+1. We all know what happens when you assume

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#94 : August 29, 2013, 01:06:36 PM

"It was a logical gamble, with Bowers being healthy for a change."

No, it was not. It was a foolish gamble to count on two players coming back from injury to both be starters, and damn little behind them.

Disagree.  Dom figured he had 2 guys back, who were playing well before getting injured.  He assumed they would be as good as before, or even better.

It hasn't turned out that way so far, but I can see where he was coming from.

If your team is relying on a guy so much(Bowers) why wasn't someone working with him all off-season in preparation.  Hell we have the most coaches in the league.  maybe they should have sent one of them to check on him over the summer!!!!  This team is pathetically ran and idiots are running it.  MD/Schiano/Freeman all suck.  Time to start over.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#95 : August 29, 2013, 01:12:19 PM

You are arguing with a wall Gametime. To Grimm, things like facts and reality are just our way of crying and whining. To him, Schiano is the devil. He is the worst HC that has ever existed and nothing will change Grimm's mind. To top it off,  he would rather see us go 2-14 than be wrong about Schiano . Grimm is a lost cause and a waste of time.

+1

on the part in bold, there are a number of posters who take that approach.  They are bigger fans of their opinions than the Bucs

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#96 : August 29, 2013, 01:19:34 PM

No, some of us are tired of losing and have little faith in MD.  The guy was hired with Raheem on the cheap.  Freeman is the illegitimate lovechild of Raheem and MD.  He is not the answer.  Schiano is a college coach overwhelmed by the NFL.  Time to start over and bring in REAL football guys.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#97 : August 29, 2013, 01:23:08 PM

Schottenheimmers first season vs. Schiano's first 8 games... Guess who had the better record?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#98 : August 29, 2013, 01:35:21 PM

Who cares about Marty?  I care about what we have now, today. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#99 : August 29, 2013, 01:45:26 PM

Who cares about Marty?  I care about what we have now, today.
my bad, I thought you brought up martys record. I also care about today, and am happy to have schiano

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#100 : August 29, 2013, 03:03:10 PM

What about Schiano inspires you to believe he is the guy to lead us to a SB?  He went 1-5 to end the season and probably 0-6 had ATL not already clinched.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#101 : August 29, 2013, 03:08:41 PM

Because they both would be healthy again, and growing as players.   I would think he hopes that for every player on the squad.  If you just went by a guy rookie season, and said ok, he sucks, lets cut him. A lot of NFL stars would of never made it.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucsSavant

Starter

#102 : August 29, 2013, 03:12:18 PM

Because they both would be healthy again, and growing as players.   I would think he hopes that for every player on the squad.  If you just went by a guy rookie season, and said ok, he sucks, lets cut him. A lot of NFL stars would of never made it.

Its fine to HOPE, but you can't let hope overrule logic. They let a proven commodity walk for hope and potential, bad logic anyway you look at it.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#103 : August 29, 2013, 03:21:19 PM

"It was a logical gamble, with Bowers being healthy for a change."

No, it was not. It was a foolish gamble to count on two players coming back from injury to both be starters, and damn little behind them.

Disagree.  Dom figured he had 2 guys back, who were playing well before getting injured.  He assumed they would be as good as before, or even better.

It hasn't turned out that way so far, but I can see where he was coming from.

If your team is relying on a guy so much(Bowers) why wasn't someone working with him all off-season in preparation.  Hell we have the most coaches in the league.  maybe they should have sent one of them to check on him over the summer!!!!  This team is pathetically ran and idiots are running it.  MD/Schiano/Freeman all suck.  Time to start over.

Probably because that is illegal.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#104 : August 29, 2013, 03:21:53 PM

So whose responsibility was it to work with Bowers in the off-season and MAKE SURE he came ready to be THE GUY??!!!
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da'Quan Bowers is a poor replacement for Michael Bennett « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools