Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Assessing Every Dropback « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #15 : August 26, 2013, 10:20:22 AM »

Tired of these Freepologist Journalist. Are 4 years of writing the exact same nonsense not enough to get them to wake the **CENSORED** up?

gtfo with this garbage. your hatred for freeman is blinding you. he made some poor throws but he was also victimized by drops and his protection being poor. we also saw instances where he and the receivers arent in sync. you cant blame the qb if a receiver runs the wrong route or cuts it off short. only the coaches will know the playcall and who was wrong.

newsflash, freeman was far from the only issue on offense for us in this game. hes playing rusty as hell and i blame the coaches for not giving him more snaps in games 1 and 2. he looks like a guy playing in his first of 3 preseason games. the coaches blew this offseason badly

jesus christ some of you just whine about freeman just to whine. we know, hes inconsistent but posts like yours are idiotic and baseless

We've seen this exact same bull**CENSORED** for 4 **CENSORED**ING YEARS. I was there, I saw it with my own eyes, every single home game. Freeman is too inconsistent to be a QB in this league. He's proved it TIME and TIME again. I am personally tired of it. I want this team to make a change at the QB position, and if they don't, it will be a grave mistake. We're going NOWHERE with this kid. Sorry. The truth is hard to hear, and it sucks, but WAKE THE **CENSORED** UP.

I don't talk **CENSORED**, what I say is what I mean and I stand behind my own words. I cancelled my season ticket renewal for 2013, and it'll stay cancelled until further notice. Oliver from OBP can call me all he wants, I don't care, I'm not changing my mind.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #16 : August 26, 2013, 10:27:14 AM »

. the coaches blew this offseason badly
Not really sure about this. Especially after the Miami game

its unacceptable how little Freeman has played in this offseason. hes not manning, brees, or rodgers, who all coincidentally have taken more preseason snaps than him. he needs the work badly and they didnt give him many opportunities at all and we see the results

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #17 : August 26, 2013, 10:28:32 AM »

Tired of these Freepologist Journalist. Are 4 years of writing the exact same nonsense not enough to get them to wake the **CENSORED** up?

gtfo with this garbage. your hatred for freeman is blinding you. he made some poor throws but he was also victimized by drops and his protection being poor. we also saw instances where he and the receivers arent in sync. you cant blame the qb if a receiver runs the wrong route or cuts it off short. only the coaches will know the playcall and who was wrong.

newsflash, freeman was far from the only issue on offense for us in this game. hes playing rusty as hell and i blame the coaches for not giving him more snaps in games 1 and 2. he looks like a guy playing in his first of 3 preseason games. the coaches blew this offseason badly

jesus christ some of you just whine about freeman just to whine. we know, hes inconsistent but posts like yours are idiotic and baseless

We've seen this exact same bull**CENSORED** for 4 **CENSORED**ING YEARS. I was there, I saw it with my own eyes, every single home game. Freeman is too inconsistent to be a QB in this league. He's proved it TIME and TIME again. I am personally tired of it. I want this team to make a change at the QB position, and if they don't, it will be a grave mistake. We're going NOWHERE with this kid. Sorry. The truth is hard to hear, and it sucks, but WAKE THE **CENSORED** UP.

I don't talk **CENSORED**, what I say is what I mean and I stand behind my own words. I cancelled my season ticket renewal for 2013, and it'll stay cancelled until further notice. Oliver from OBP can call me all he wants, I don't care, I'm not changing my mind.

so you want to hand the reins over to Glennon? come on

i dont think Freeman is the answer but im also not going to blame EVERY SINGLE **CENSORED**ING thing on him like some of you tards do

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #18 : August 26, 2013, 11:11:08 AM »

Pretty much how I see it and how I saw it during the game with the exception of the fumble. Freeman was going to throw the screen to James but he cut inside instead of outside and when Freeman tried to pull it back lost it.
Freeman and the WR corp are not on the same page, quite a few miss reads saturday.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #19 : August 26, 2013, 11:15:50 AM »

Pretty good read.

Personally, I think they should incorporate more bootlegs and plays that get his feet moving. He's seemingly very accurate when on the move, and it makes DB's second-guess. It also helps to keep defenses from stacking the box too often as well and gives him a lane to run if nothing is there (and blocks hold), and the DB's are dropped way back in coverage.

Freeman is a "gunslinger" type. Meaning, you take the good with the bad, and hope somewhere in between there is success. They've got to let him create plays and run the ball when needed. Way too many coaches fail in this regard as they want to play it close to the vest. You can't do that with Newton, and you can't do that with freeman. Schiano would be wise to allow freeman that chance this season. I know the line was supposed to be a strength, but it's having some troubles at the moment. Letting him roll out of pocket, bootlegs, what have you, will even it out a bit more IMO.

I think they plan to run Martin a lot out of I formation and then run play action boot legs off of it.  I also suspect that the Bucs will be using a lot of RB and WR screens as well to keep defenses off guard.  A lot of the five step plays are right now really materializing because:

1. Pass pro isn't good enough
2. Teams are blitzing
3. QB and WR option routes when the blitz is on have to be altered on a dime and in synch.

Problems 2-3 can be ironed out, but problem 1 has to be schematically covered.  If pass pro is that poor expect more of a dink and dunk offense.  However, I also suspect that the Bucs will have to see one of the TE's step up to make defenses pay down the seem.  Lets hope Crabtree or Stocker can do it.  Maybe Noble?

God, I hope you're right ADW. Love the I form with incorporated movements/gimmicks.

Funny thing is, I still think the better formation for freeman would be the Pro set, but without a TE (sub a RB). He would have two extra blockers, or two outs depending on the defense at the time. Hillis/leonard on one side and martin on the other. Have them run block for eachother while protecting freeman on passing downs. Or they could just go out and catch a quick pass.

They really need some hand/head signals on the WR's too. If they know they're going to go a certain route before the snap, freeman needs to know this. Sully's system is do or die, which I love, but there are mistakes/miscommunications like the one we've seen here to VJ that could be corrected and limited easy. Each game there needs to be a new signal. A head shake, a gesture of some sort that lets freeman get an idea of where they intend to go. Too much time trying to scan the field for guys is wasted that way.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #20 : August 26, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »

Freeman and the WR corp are not on the same page, quite a few miss reads saturday.
I do think that's one reason there's legit reason to be critical of just how little Freeman played in games 1 and 2.

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

« #21 : August 26, 2013, 11:37:58 AM »

There's three ways of looking at it... A. It's not Freeman's fault, it's the receivers and linemen's fault. B. Everything is Freeman's fault. C. You can be realistic and see it's a mixture of the first two, Freeman didn't play very well but it wasn't the all out god awful performance many here are claiming it was. He made poor throws but there were also a handful of drops on catchable passes and he also had a ton of pressure in his face.

Not living, just killing time.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #22 : August 26, 2013, 11:47:46 AM »

Attempt 13: Freeman is under pressure in the back of his end zone, and throws deep for Mike Williams, who gets his feet caught with a defender and can’t quite pick up the ball. The ball was still overthrown, but Freeman had to make sure it wasn’t intercepted.

I'm dizzy from the spin

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #23 : August 26, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »

Attempt 13: Freeman is under pressure in the back of his end zone, and throws deep for Mike Williams, who gets his feet caught with a defender and can’t quite pick up the ball. The ball was still overthrown, but Freeman had to make sure it wasn’t intercepted.

That was a good designed play to have both WR's go to the same spot.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 26, 2013, 12:06:31 PM »

Pretty good read.

Personally, I think they should incorporate more bootlegs and plays that get his feet moving. He's seemingly very accurate when on the move, and it makes DB's second-guess. It also helps to keep defenses from stacking the box too often as well and gives him a lane to run if nothing is there (and blocks hold), and the DB's are dropped way back in coverage.

Freeman is a "gunslinger" type. Meaning, you take the good with the bad, and hope somewhere in between there is success. They've got to let him create plays and run the ball when needed. Way too many coaches fail in this regard as they want to play it close to the vest. You can't do that with Newton, and you can't do that with freeman. Schiano would be wise to allow freeman that chance this season. I know the line was supposed to be a strength, but it's having some troubles at the moment. Letting him roll out of pocket, bootlegs, what have you, will even it out a bit more IMO.

I think they plan to run Martin a lot out of I formation and then run play action boot legs off of it.  I also suspect that the Bucs will be using a lot of RB and WR screens as well to keep defenses off guard.  A lot of the five step plays are right now really materializing because:

1. Pass pro isn't good enough
2. Teams are blitzing
3. QB and WR option routes when the blitz is on have to be altered on a dime and in synch.

Problems 2-3 can be ironed out, but problem 1 has to be schematically covered.  If pass pro is that poor expect more of a dink and dunk offense.  However, I also suspect that the Bucs will have to see one of the TE's step up to make defenses pay down the seem.  Lets hope Crabtree or Stocker can do it.  Maybe Noble?

God, I hope you're right ADW. Love the I form with incorporated movements/gimmicks.

Funny thing is, I still think the better formation for freeman would be the Pro set, but without a TE (sub a RB). He would have two extra blockers, or two outs depending on the defense at the time. Hillis/leonard on one side and martin on the other. Have them run block for eachother while protecting freeman on passing downs. Or they could just go out and catch a quick pass.

They really need some hand/head signals on the WR's too. If they know they're going to go a certain route before the snap, freeman needs to know this. Sully's system is do or die, which I love, but there are mistakes/miscommunications like the one we've seen here to VJ that could be corrected and limited easy. Each game there needs to be a new signal. A head shake, a gesture of some sort that lets freeman get an idea of where they intend to go. Too much time trying to scan the field for guys is wasted that way.

A traditional split pro set is rare in today's NFL as it was at its height in the 80s with the 49ers.  But I too like it for this team given that I like the RB personnel more in terms of blocking and as threats than the TEs.  Imagine Martin and Leonard out of a split back pro set formation and how many things Sullivan can do out of it? Sweeps, draws, counters, etc.

Edit: If Lorig can't go (still injured?), Leonard is the default FB because the other TE's in spot duty haven't proven they can do it.  So, that suggests that I think the Bucs keep Hillis and James to be honest.
« : August 26, 2013, 12:09:03 PM alldaway »

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #25 : August 26, 2013, 12:28:23 PM »

Pretty decent synopsis...

The enitre offense (not one person) was out of sync on a level which would be considered inept by anyone watching.

Freeman needs more live snaps - in week 4. He must get in sync under real pressure.

Our opponents are going to continue to excessively blitz until the Bucs show:

1. the RB can pick it up the protection effectively, 
2. The Oline handles an overload  AND   
3.  Freeman finds the quick dump off, the receiver catches it for positive yardage.

Until then its going to be rough.   EVERY TEAM in the LEAGUE is seeing this...   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #26 : August 26, 2013, 01:24:06 PM »

I see that the usual crowd of remoras have attached themselves to Freeman's testicles. No wonder the poor guy can't run anymore.

werent discussions about Freeman's testicles part of the reason you wwere banned before?

But I kid . . . .  in any event why do people bash fans on A FAN SITE?  what were you expectting to find when you came here?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #27 : August 26, 2013, 01:25:33 PM »

I cant vouch for the analysis or the author, but I did think when watching on television that the one pass to VJ was just a terrible overthrow, it appears it was a mis-read by one of them

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #28 : August 26, 2013, 01:26:11 PM »

its unacceptable how little Freeman has played in this offseason. hes not manning, brees, or rodgers, who all coincidentally have taken more preseason snaps than him. he needs the work badly and they didnt give him many opportunities at all and we see the results
where we differ is that I don't believe another couple series would help Freeman. He's a sandlot QB who wants to grow up. Just isn't in the cards imo

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #29 : August 26, 2013, 01:42:48 PM »

"what were you expectting to find when you came here"

When I came here there were about twenty people on the board, one of whom was complaining about how the board had gone downhill. Shut your suck, noob.

Why don't you go back to whining about what a dungeon Pirate's Cove is and how the people there need to get lives? Oh, that's right, you post there more than anyone else now. Hypocrite.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Assessing Every Dropback « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools